Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

IGT 2022 - 12th March @ Warhammer World

Started by MarcoSkoll, January 12, 2022, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2022
Warhammer World, Saturday 12th March

+++++INCOMING TRANSMISSION+++++

Brothers and Sisters,

The Ordo Sepulturum is satisfied that the  containment efforts of the plague outbreak originating in the Koronus Expanse are proving at least partially effective.

You will all be aware that the ancient annual tradition of the High Conclave was previously suspended on their authority, but following long deliberation it has been decided that the Inquisitors of the Carthax sector may once again congregate upon Tigguo Cobauc.

You are, once again, invited to decide the Battle for the Emperor's Soul.

+++++TRANSMISSION TERMINATES+++++

The 2022 Inquisitor Grand Tournament (IGT) will take place between 1000 and 1800 on Saturday 12th March 2022 at Warhammer World, Willow Road, Lenton, Nottingham, UK, NG7 2WS

Obviously, we've missed a few IGTs over the last few years - we couldn't arrange the numbers for a 2019 IGT, and then we've had a global pandemic to contend with.

If you haven't come to an IGT since about 2014, then the big changes in that time are that we are now a free event, and that we've moved to a three-round rather than four-round schedule. (More time per game, and while not everyone gets to GM, we usually have some volunteers to get the "bye").

And if you have come recently, note that the event rules now codify the very widely used community rules for conversation.

However, the most significant alteration is that after consulting the community, it was decided it was prudent to make an up-to-date Covid vaccination record a requirement, as it's an event where we're clustering three or four around each table (and trying to make sure each attendee meets as many others at the tables as possible). We'd also hugely appreciate you taking the time to do testing before heading to the event.

Now, if you have a medical exemption, don't panic! In that case, please contact me in advance (you can do so privately with the links in Appendix 1) to let me know and discuss the matter.

Currently, we have enough tables for twelve attendees. The event is not strictly ticketed, but priority will be given on a first-come basis to those who have told the organiser in writing that they're attending. If you later can't attend, or think you may have to drop out, please notify me as soon as possible.

Event Pack

List so far:
1) MarcoSkoll
2) greenstuff_gav
3) TheNephew
4-5) RobSkib (+1)
6) McJomar
7) Cortez
8) karandras_sh
9-12) Sumaki (+1-3)

WE HAVE FILLED OUR 12 AVAILABLE SPACES. IF YOU WERE PLANNING ON COMING, BUT ARE NOT ON THIS LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN START A WAITING LIST FOR SPACES
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

ME! I'll be there!
i has scenario written and everyhting :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TheNephew

Awwwwwwwwww yisssssssssssssssssssssssss.
I'll be there.

MarcoSkoll

I forogot to apologise for the comparative lateness of this. After discussing what we were doing about Covid requirements, the government then started making a whole load of policy changes, and I was trying to work out what I needed to change.

Eventually I decided to not bother, as they'll likely change it another three times before then, so what I'll try to do is provide an up-to-date version closer to the event.

Beyond that, I'm also going to try to make most of my Inquisitor assets available for people to borrow on the day. Let me know if things will be useful to you, and I can try to arrange things on the day so that the schedule lets GMs borrow what they need:

- Squad of NPC "Cadian" guard
- Rhino/Razorback (unarmed or las/plas)
- Sentinel (power lifter or autocannon)
- Safehouse 13 (the old Inquisitor STC hab, donated to me by Charax)
- Plasma Generator
- The rocks and river from my forest terrain set. (I'm not going to try bringing along the trees, as they're more of a pain to pack/unpack, and I think the WHW staff are more likely to raise a fuss, as they're 3rd party).
- Possibly my "Paraelix Configuration" terrain set, although it is quite a task to transport, and I'll need to check how practical it'll be to lay out.
- If I actually get them done, my Arvus Lighter and Tauros Scout vehicle.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

For the love of god, man, travel light for just this one event.
If I remember right, you've got a dawn roadside trek, tunnel combat across London, and then a slightly-less-dawn canal hike? And then the same again in teh pitch dark?
This year, arrive at at least one event with luggage smaller in cubic volume than you yourself.

More seriously, I'm sure WHW will be able to pull enough stuff together to look good, a couple of scale-fixing vehicles will suffice, I'm sure.

On a largely related note, looking up Paraelix Configuration photos fromt he buidl article, the glamour shots are almost unplayably dense.

greenstuff_gav

i agree - a rhino'd be cool unless anyone asks for summat specific

that said, i'll be bringing all 12 marines from the First Founding (so far) and has all of these incase anyone needs to loan summat speffic

open in a new tab for biggerer view

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on January 14, 2022, 07:29:39 AMIf I remember right, you've got a dawn roadside trek, tunnel combat across London, and then a slightly-less-dawn canal hike? And then the same again in teh pitch dark?
In the past, yes, but not any more. While I've still got about a half hour's walk (mostly downhill) in the morning, I've changed my schedule a lot from what it was.

A later start, and these days I've got an easy change at Tamworth and then in Nottingham, I take the tram more or less to WHW's front door - and on the way back, the rest of the family are actually awake, so I can give someone a bell to pick me up from the station.

QuoteMore seriously, I'm sure WHW will be able to pull enough stuff together to look good, a couple of scale-fixing vehicles will suffice, I'm sure.
The counter argument would be that I didn't make this stuff to set unused in crates under my bed...

I also think that the multiple levels make for more interesting play than the standard Cities of Death terrain at WHW, and I know some of the people who haven't been able to make it to London meets haven't yet had the chance to see the set.

We'll see, but I'm not automatically ruling out bringing it.

QuoteOn a largely related note, looking up Paraelix Configuration photos fromt he buidl article, the glamour shots are almost unplayably dense.
In that respect, I think my set has mostly from being made about 25% smaller (partly for transport, partly to make it more suitable for either scale), as models aren't buried quite so deep in the various passages.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on January 14, 2022, 11:13:01 PM
The counter argument would be that I didn't make this stuff to set unused in crates under my bed...
Aye, I suppose I'm in the privileged position of having played on it three (four?) times, whereas I'd imagine most of the passers by at WHW might never have seen such an extensive full-table build, let alone in One True Scale.
I'll certainly not object to seeing the full Configuration out again, as long as you're nto bringing it from a sense of obligation.

Re: stuff like your 'Cadian' Guard, what's our group policy on not-definitely-official-GW models?
I have one or two bits I was planning on using in my scenario that I've built from heavily modified toys augmented with GW bits, but I can work around needing to use other pieces.

MarcoSkoll

Our official policy is that Warhammer World's policy is that "All models must be Games Workshop in full. This includes all weapons, heads, arms, legs, wings and so on. They don't have to be painted, but this is a great opportunity to show off your miniatures".

Our unofficial policy is that with all the scratch builds, conversions and the fact that the staff don't really know a model range that's long since gone from their shelves, the only time they've ever noticed or objected is when an unpainted resin model in "definitely not FW resin colour" was left out next to the main path through the hall.

If I'm ever challenged about it, my answer to the NPC Guard is that they're a heap of Shock Trooper bits on top of some Army Men. Which is mostly true - while they're actually an Airfix kit that made a slight effort at higher quality and historical uniform accuracy, their production (and original posing) was basically the same as you'd expect of cheap toy soldiers. I'm guessing the staff won't see "Army Men" as a particular threat to the GW brand.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Official confirmation that I'm actually in for this now.
No idea what I'd do for GMing (probably take the bye...)
Honestly I don't expect to win, so I guess I'll just be there for the games (and if I do come up with something, I've got no idea if it'll be any good ).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

greenstuff_gav

to be honest, i've never won nor am i bothered - 's more about getting to play some Inquisitor!
that said, i've got a slew of self-contained scenarios if you wanted to give GMing a go!

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

MarcoSkoll

A few more names updated onto the list then! Continue to let me know if you'll be there.

On this matter, while he's not making a concrete promise, Gav Thorpe has now updated me that he does expect to be available on the day and intends to come over in the afternoon to see what we're up to.

Quote from: mcjomar on February 07, 2022, 07:53:36 AMHonestly I don't expect to win, so I guess I'll just be there for the games (and if I do come up with something, I've got no idea if it'll be any good).
Despite the name, I see the IGT as more about experimentation than competition. As part of an open event where you don't need to commit to running or playing through an entire plotline, you've got a lot of freedom to run different scenarios or play with characters that might not be suited to a longer campaign.

It's a good thing for building up GMing skills too; it would have taken me longer to become confident about running my own events without experience of running IGT games.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I've got my scenario skeletoned out, with plenty of time to do some tweaking.
Hopefully folks are down for a littel roleplay with their rollplay.
And something a little more light-hearted than the previous "assassination and civilian casualties" fare.

MarcoSkoll

Will anyone be going up to/returning from Nottingham via St Pancras (or otherwise the Midland Main Line route)?

Looks like the timetables have changed enough that the route I used to take via Tamworth is no longer viable, so my best option is now via London, and I'm wondering if aiming for specific trains means I could meet up with anyone.

GW's =I= articles