Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Showcases?

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 24, 2009, 01:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, RobSkib mentioned in the Mutations thread "just a showcase of what's available".
This, combined with Col. Marbles' Showcases and the Retrospectives, got me thinking; why don't we get some class-specific gallery threads going?

so as an example, we have a thread purely of images of Inquisitors, another thread of people's Mechanicus figures, a thread of non-standard Xenos and so on.
Keeping these threads solely for images, they could be both a showcase and act as inspiration for others.

so, thoughts?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

Sounds a lot like threads on other forums so I reckon it would work.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

zombie_express

Sounds pretty good. I am always anxious to see, what others are able to accomplish with good old fantasy and GS.
I approve.

(sry for the weak english, i am a Kraut)

Saussure

[voice from on high]

Separate threads, yes. Separate sub-forums, no. And let's not have a million-and-one sticky threads, either.

[/voice from on high] 

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Saussure on October 24, 2009, 02:03:38 PM
[voice from on high]

Separate threads, yes. Separate sub-forums, no. And let's not have a million-and-one sticky threads, either.

[/voice from on high] 

*grovels* what a good idea Lord!
/pythonquote

exactly what i envisioned, then links to each topic in the Modelling Resource Thread?

Build Your Imagination

kierkegaard

So, do you want to start them up (make posts with category heading titles like 'Xenos Gallery,' 'Mutant Gallery' etc..) and we'll all just reply with our appropriate pictures?

Sounds like a fine idea to me.

theemperorswill

wonderfull idea. would make looking for inspiration a million times easier if everyone showcased their models in 1 place.
the emperors will be done

greenstuff_gav

i'll start some topics tonight after work (evening shift sucks :P ) .. plus i'll dig out the archive to see what i got to start the threads off with :lol:

Build Your Imagination

theemperorswill

any progress gav? or still out earning your millions? lol
the emperors will be done

greenstuff_gav

earning enough to survive more like :lol:

still having a hunt thru the archive for decent pictures to include, but i done the first one and linked to in Kaleds' sticky thread.

so, a quick list:

Inquisition -including Acolytes, Sages, Savants, Heirophants
Adeptus Mechanicus -including Servitors, Praetorians and arco-flagellants as they're fairly similar?
Imperial Armies -Imperial Guard, Imperial Navy and Enforcers.. maybe Assassins too?
Rogue Traders -including Desperados, mercs and Bounty Hunter types
Chaos -Cultists, daemons and mutants (mutants may not be chaos-spawned, but again, they fit the style?)
Xenos -Eldar, Ork, Tyranid, K'Nib, i forsee alot of Eldar and only a few other figs
Miscellaneous -the weird and wonderful!

the idea being any finished mini (base included!) from any manufacturer.
not sure if should include "stock" minis as that's rather avoiding the point :lol:

so, input?

Build Your Imagination

Adlan

it should include stock figures for completeness.

Let us help in making it, you don't have to trawl through the archives yourself, e can help, and add our own figures.

Heroka Vendile

It might be worth re-hosting the GW stock model pics, I see from the urls that they're taken straight from the GW website at the moment. If they get moved at any point your not likely to notice and it'll cause broken links.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy