Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

femme militant on ebay...

Started by jamessearle0, October 24, 2009, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamessearle0

ive just noticed about 4 different femme militant figures for sale on ebay it listes them as 54mm (there only about 34mm if i remember correctly)  but thought it might be worth lettin you know :D

http://myworld.ebay.com/mrs-velard/

precinctomega

Hm.  The sculptor of those Damnation minis goes by the moniker of "Lord Velard", and we know he's Russia-based.  I'm wondering whether we're looking at a Russian re-casting operation, given the presence of not only the Femmes Militants, but also the Armorcast stuff.

R.

sergeis64

Yep, Lord Velard at CMON and Mrs Velard on EBay. Surely the same person. Hard to say on the size of any figs- why not put a ruler next for scale? Looks like all are plastic- I am not sure on the quality since detail is not visible well. Seller does have quite a few Armorcast bits and sprues of GW stuff. These are not readily available AFAIK in Russia. I can inquire further... But does look a bit as a recasting op.

steveb

The Femme Militants were 40mm. Don't know if they're recasts but the photos look like a different resin to the originals (which were midtone and matt where these look dark and glossy). That could be down to photography of course. Also seems strange that he doesn't have the tins they came in (again, not evidence in itself).

But they're definitely 40mm (I have a few of them myself, and even got to sculpt one of them).

sergeis64

Ok, Vladimir Yasnov- aka Lord Velard, Moscovite, age unknown, very active on multiple Warhammer Russian forums, games mostly 40K, BUT apparently has Inquisitor minis too. It is RUMORED on several Russian forums that he has contacts with recasting operation- since APPARENTLY he purchased some expensive 28mm minis and now those are available at much lower prices ( from who?)
I do agree here with Steve- plastics on Femmes look different from originals- darker and shinier- reminds me plastic used by BF for FoW vehicles.
All that said, It certainly does not mean that Damnation figs that PO adverted before are not authentic creations- there certainly is no info at this time to speculate otherwise.