Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos Biologis WIP

Started by Van Helser, October 25, 2009, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

One of the other projects I've been working on recently is this rather scary looking young lady.  She's a Magos Biologis that has allied herself with Inquisitor Losporin of Istvaanian Sourcebook fame to find out what makes some people resistant to the galaxy's various diseases.  She's quite up for deliberately exposing entire populations to pathogens to kill off the weak and find the strong for further study.  Not very nice at all...

The model uses Jena Oriechel's legs, the torso from a 40k Rhino driver, Cadian arms (cut and lengthened with greenstuff sleeves over the top), a Necromunda laspistol, the Chirurgeon from Fabius Bile and a head from Hornet Models that I bought off Historex Agents.  She's a few details short of completion yet (mechadendrites!), but with that fleeting glimpse of the sun I had earlier I thought I'd take a couple of pictures and share the model with you all.

Ruaridh

Hadriel Caine

sweet! really natural looking combination of parts, I think the Rhino torso works very well. Paintjob may be required to cover up the origin of the part a bit though.

I'd been looking at the hornet models' heads a while back, looks great, may have to get me some of them...
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Heroka Vendile

Fabius Biles mechanical bits, yes? It's a shame you can only get those along with 4 Cypher backpacks nowadays.

Nice work Ruaridh.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Myriad

Those parts combine shockingly well.  A little more recognisably human than many ad-mechs, but that fits with the background.  Great model.

I also note its got a chainsword - is that just a cadian one?
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Van Helser

Euan, I just bit the bullet and bought ole Fabulous Billy himself.  Just need to find a model I can use the Xyclos Needler on to make the expense half-worthwhile!

Myriad, the chainsword is indeed from a Cadian Sergeant.  My aim with her was to make her more of an Organicist than your typical "more machine than man" type Magos.  She does have some cranial ports for plugging herself into machines though on the right hand side of her head.

Simeon Blackstar

It always surprises me how well 40k bits port over to Inquisitor.  Fantastic job there, I'll look forward to seeing her finished.  Any chance of seeing her at the IGT (if I can make it)?

Van Helser

Unfortunately my cousin has chosen the 12th of December for his wedding, so I'm having to give the IGT a miss this year. Hopefully be able to make it to the Spring Conclave. If there is one of course!

kierkegaard

First off, let me just say that I like it.

I think it displays a great use of bits and very nice sculpting. I'm not sold on the sleeves though (are they meant to be armour or cloth? I can't tell at the moment.) The shoulder pads are smaller than the lower part of the sleeve, and this just looks slightly odd to me.

I also don't understand why an AdMech would have an Inquisition icon dangling from her belt.

Other than those two quibbles, I think that it looks excellent.

Van Helser

The sleeves are meant to be big floaty numbers to match the skirt, though armoured sleeves does sound like a cool idea...  I guess they do look huge, but I hope that painting will hopefully show the difference from the shoulder pads.

I left the Inquisition symbol on her to show that she works closely with Inquisitor Losporin.  He trusts her so much he's given her part of his authority.