Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Pardoner and the Unredeemed

Started by Adlan, October 25, 2009, 09:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Confessor Rouncival 'the Pardoner'

Confessor Rouncival was originally a lowly monk, scribing down the speeches of the great preachers in the cathedral halls of Imu Secundus. However, when the great preacher was struck down by a case of Stroke Cough, he took his opportunity, and preached too the crowd in the speakers place. Following this he quickly began to rise, developing his own firebrand rhetoric, and whipping the crowds into a frenzy of penitence. Following a Riot, the Cardinal of Imu Secundus elevated Rouncival to Confessor, and dispatched him with a seal of authority, to spread the word of the emperor to them that needed it told.

Thus Far, he has been involved in inciting the lynching of the mutant baby of the governor of Imu Primus, was lauded by the ellecisarchy for his fervor in rallying fleeing troops from the heretical uprising on Darium XI and came to the attention of the Inquisition for his involvement in the destruction of a genestealer cult throughout the Rugga system, a clensing which involved the suicide of several thousand untainted, bald, individuals.

WS:42
BS:56
S:53
T:57
I:61
Wp:72
Sg:59
Nv:83
Ld: 87

Equipment: Laspistol. 10 Scrolls of Pardon AV 3 on Chest and Abdomen, 2 on head, 1 on other locations.

Skills and Abilities: Word of the Emperor, demagogue

A Scroll of Pardon is a peice of vellum, inscribing the crime for which pardon is being issued, and sealed with the Cardinals Ring. When Rouncival reads a Scrool of pardon to a Sinner, the sinner is filled with rightious joy that one of his sins has been earased.

Sinners gain Frenzy and Furious Assault. Roll a D6:
1-2 Sinners also gain 2d10 strength  
3-4 Sinners gain 1d10 toughness
5 Sinner gain Both 1d10Toughness and 2d10Strength.
6 Sinners gain 1d10Toughness and 2d10Strength and Force of Will and Nerves of Steel.

Bonuses last d10+2 turns, till the religious fervour passes.

The Unredeemed.

Fortunate Wells was a poor miner, often drunk, often drugged, every day he worked in the mines, and everyday he owed a little more to the company stores... Untill Confessor Rouncival arrived. With his sermons on forgiveness and redemption, he convinced the mining corporation to release every worker who would follow him to purification, as Frateris Millitia against a Hrud Infestation.

Fortunate was Fortunate, in that over the past years, he is the only one of the miner's to still live. He serves as  Confessor Rouncival's bodyguard and has carried his redemption with him against the Pardoner's And the Emperors enemies. He has over 1001 sins in his personal book, and 304 have been struck off with personal pardon's from Confessor Rouncival. When all of them have been struck off, he intends to leave behind violence, and undertake pilgrimage to Terra.

WS:64
BS:25
S:76
T:67
I:58
Wp:52
Sg:39
Nv:73
Ld: 67

Equipment: Eviscerator, Purifying Helm AV 3 on head and AV 2 on Other Locations.

Purifying helm: This Helm blinkers Well's vision, charms and protective oils prevent vile influences/ Psychers must reroll psychic tests when using powers on Well's, excepting those with a profile, such as gaze of death. the purifying helm restricts senses as a closed helm would

Skills and Abilities: Sinner! true grit

Sinner!: Well's is a Sinner! and is affected by the scrolls of pardon belonging to  Rouncival.

Edit: small changes made highlighted in red.

Simeon Blackstar

I love this guy - the idea, the rules, the model, everything!  I'm almost tempted to do my own version, though I hate copying others' models.

Adlan

Well, while I'd be flattered if you did copy the model, I'd be much more interested if you took my conversion idea and springboarded it. The Model seems to present few possibilities for conversions and models, but the limitations actually have great scope, some of my other ideas (feel free to steal) are a Guardsman on Parade (requires turning the hand which would be a tricky job, and the right weapon of some kind to make it just so). A Duelist, with some kind of sword at his side or a psycher, with a force rod.

Hope to get the Unredeemed rules finished. Model for the Unredeemed will be a Conversion of Mallicent and The Arcoflallagent, with a robe sculpted over the Arco's legs, Malicents Torso and Arms (And Chain Saw!) and Damiens head.

I've blue tacked it, and it looks pretty good. The Sculpting of the robe is the big job.

Adlan

Inquisitor Cade

Very, very nice. A great example, I pressume, of building an awesome model and creating the backstory from it's appearence.

A few thoughts:

Rouncivil might suit the pursuade or demigouge abilities.

If the "Helm blinkers Well's vision" souldn't it affect awareness as a closed, or at least an open helm, or was that implied.

I'd give Wells true grit. It fits with the relegious fanatic, the loyal bodyguard and the soul survivor aspects of his background.

This is a band that needs more members as it is really cool but wouldn't stand up to a harsh word from a more average group. These two really shouldn't be able to hold their own, but should be at the back of a crowd of his supporters. More militia followers and maybe some more official church personel, arcoflallagents and such.
This would be a great band for NPC's to join in with on a mission to mission basis. (Since the last game Rouncival has been preaching to the masses and these thugs pledged servitude to him...)
*Insert token witticism*

Adlan

Actually half right, Cade, the story came from the model, but the model is a case of taking what you have, and lucking out, I bought the model because it was so pretty, and I needed a head for Technoviking. I was left with the headless body, and the leftovers of Technoviking (Malicents Head Torso and Arms, and Damien's legs and head). These Combined with gubbinz from my local GW's bitz box made the pardoner and will make the Unredeemed. Actually, the Unredeemed does sound plural, Maybe if I up the number of scrolls of pardon, and give him some more followers? 2 Rabble would make it balanced against most other warbands? Hmm, but then I run into the problem of numbers, 3 is usually the limit.

Yes, the Purifying helm is a closed helm, and so affects his awareness, actually, it should affect him more. True grit is a good idea.

Where can I find the Demagouge ability?

Inquisitor Cade

The demigouge demagouge demagogue ability is in the Recongregator Sourcebook.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

There's also a Demagouge [sic] ability in the Using Chaos Space Marines article.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Adlan

Friar Barphan Dwells
Once, Dwells was a young monk in Rouncivels. An under achiever in the Schola, he distinguished himself only with a Null-Gee-Hock stick in his hands. He was a rebellious knowledge, often punished with night long prayer vigils and given only the most menial tasks. Even as a member of the breatheren he was responsible only for mucking out the Abbots Grox herd. When he negligently let the groxyard gate open, resulting in the abbots prize bull fouling the monestreys knave, it was clear
that a final solution was needed.
He was dispatched as an aide to the confessor, a kill or cure for his lack of motivation.

It took several months, but after the sanctifying of Bufford Parish [see Elecisarchy Clensing files:Eclesiastical Clearance required], Dwells accepted his status as a sinner and is now a devoted assistant to the Confessor.

His Hammer was taken from the unrightious, unfit Priests of (can anyone remember the cult that collects relics, chalicarians?), who were letting the holy weapon lie unused. To see Dwells wielding it against the emperors Foes, his abbot would hardly recognise him.

WS: 61
BS: 37
S:61
T:58
I:62
Wp:77
Sg:49
Nv:82
Ld:61

Equipment: PowerHammer, laspistol, purifying helm. Av 3 on head, flak woven robes give av 2 elsewhere.

Purifying helm: This Helm blinkers Dwell's vision, charms and protective oils prevent vile influences/ Psychers must reroll psychic tests when using powers on Dwell's, excepting those with a profile, such as gaze of death. the purifying helm restricts senses as a closed helm would.

Special Abilities: Sinner!

Alyster Wick

The names of your Unredeemed are brilliant, very Dickensian.  I'm really liking this warband, both aesthetically and character wise.  You have a good gimmick going with the scrolls and the bonuses that go to the Unredeemed should make them a solid match for other warbands.  Perhaps adding some type of scribe to record the Pardoner's tales of legendary forgiveness and understanding while bringing light to the dark might be appropriate?

Adlan

Sorry to Necro an old thread, but I've given some more thought to expanding this warband.

Do you think a Digi weapon would be apropriate for the Pardoner? I was rereading my notes on him, and I mention the Cardinal's ring.

How about:
The Cardinal's ring: This is the ring given to Confessor Rouncival by the Cardinal of Imu Secundus. It is used to seal all scrolls of pardon, and when activated, can seal any sinner into a seared package.

Would a melta Digi weapon be too much?

I've also thought about having a Flamer Armed Unredeemed, converted from preacher joseph.

Now I just need the money to buy the models and the time to convert them :D