Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave Dice

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 28, 2009, 12:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, on the old 'clave, before it died, precinctomega raised the question of customised Conclave Dice.
i'm resurrecting the idea  ;D

so, looking at EM4's prices / availability (i used 'em for my Cake Dice :D), we can get 18mm black D6, with a logo (either the 1 or the 6) in Red (white spots) for 35p each (+postage) if we order 100 (i'm assuming people would want a set of 6!).

i vote for the logo in the place of the 1 :D

so, logo ideas? ... need to be single colour and fairly simple for the laser cutter :P

thoughts?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on October 28, 2009, 12:24:47 PMI vote for the logo in the place of the 1
Agreed. I find using a single symbol to represent 6 somewhat counter intuitive.
Yeah, I can see the appeal in it being the "big roll", but it takes me longer to recognise a symbol as a 6 rather than a one.

I recall PO's own suggestion being like this:

And that works well enough for me. Any suggestions for tweaks, I've got the .psd file - but I suspect someone else can do it a rather more snazzily than I can.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Of those two designs, I much prefer the first one.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Heroka Vendile

two roughs that I came up with during the original discussion but never got posted:

Design 1

Design 2

(Yes they were bothdone in MSPaint - my Adobe suite had killed itself at that time)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Simeon Blackstar

I'd vote Heroka's design 1 or if not, the skull-I in Gav's post.  Both are characterful and register as a 1 easily.

theemperorswill

def gav`s, speaking personally.

just ordered dice but i`ll have half a dozen.
the emperors will be done

Macabre

Why black and red/white? Surely black and green would be better (in memory of the old Conclave)...
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Macabre on October 28, 2009, 11:20:35 PM
Why black and red/white? Surely black and green would be better (in memory of the old Conclave)...

'cause the old 'clave is dead, long live the new 'clave!  ;D
but if its the Will of The Community, black / green can be done :)

i'm sure Heroka's second design isn't doable, but i can email to see if the first one is?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

I like Heroka's first design, but it's already a little difficult to read what it says and I imagine will be even harder to read when reduced to fit onto dice.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Morcus

I like the C with the skull inside, ans I vote for Green in honour of bother the old Conclave and of the Holy tomb itself.

precinctomega

I don't care.  I'll order a bucketful of whatever design people agree on.  They all look cool to me.

R.

karandras_sh

Interested in a dozen or more, All the designs are kool.
All Lies Lead to the Truth

Heroka Vendile

I'll do a slight redesign of my first idea once this week of extreme madness has passed. (uni project presentation, two reports and I'm assistant stage manager for a local amateur musical production all this week.) bleh.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

The_fire_cleans

if we were to a big enough order, could we conclave D10?
We could use a simple =I= logo for the one, perhaps?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: The_fire_cleans on November 08, 2009, 08:13:49 PMWe could use a simple =I= logo for the one, perhaps?
The =][= logo is copyrighted, so we can't directly use it.

Bit of a shame, as I still have the set of the =][= logo D6 I have are pretty nice, but they're an actual GW product that was done early in the game's run (the downside is that a set is only five dice).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles