Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Filthy Mutant Scum

Started by kierkegaard, January 28, 2010, 01:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

I bought a D&D Flesh Golem after seeing Inquisitor Liss' use of the model. I decided to give it a bit of improvised armour (bits of pipe, access hatch covers, somebody's shoulder pads) and fill in the stitches and wounds.

It's nothing fancy, but I think that it makes a pretty good mutant. Hope you like it.

I bought the model from this web site.

Van Helser

Threads with titles like that draw me in like a moth!

Great job on the rusted metal. How'd you achieve the effect? Lots of stippling?

I like the steel rope holding everything together - definitely scrounged that armour from a scrapheap.

Kaled

I love the rust effect you've achieved on the armour - very nice!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

the rust is amazing. I like the head on this model but the pose is a bit static, not seen this range in years though, nice reminder!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

precinctomega

Needs to be filthier.

Seriously, some more weathering, splashing and blood-spatter effects on that smooth, clean skin would do wonders for the psychological impact of this mini.

R.

Adlan

And a Weapon, a Big Ugly Weapon.

phil-o-mat

very nice!
but were is the mutation?
except that one which made him so ugly... ;)

Myriad

The mutation would be that freakish musculature, which I agree could use some dirt, although the armour itself is impressively rusty. 

It's an imposing model though, with a real rampaging vibe about it, which is good, naturally.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Tullio

Nice and simple, I like. Who needs tentacled mutants?

Tullio

phil-o-mat

the musculature is an acceptable mutation. my other comment was just a silly joke. i also do not need tentracles or something to define something as a mutant.

bye, phil

kierkegaard

Thanks for the compliments.

The rust is quite easy to do. Van Helser is right - lots of stippling. You just need a knackered old stiff bristled brush, and a lot of patience.

I agree that he could be filthier, but I don't have the skill to do it effectively (it just ends up looking messy.)

I also agree that a weapon would have looked good, but unfortunately his hands are fists, and I don't have the skill to remove the thumbs and rebuild them around a weapon handle.

Swarbie

Very cool, but for some reason he reminds me of one of the undead team members from Bloodbowl . . .
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning