Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Xerxas and Warband revamp

Started by RobSkib, November 10, 2009, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

Easily one of my favourite ever Inquisitor models. Fantastic work, and I really like the earthy tones you picked. Given the overloaded backpack and the book he's carrying (which give the air of a journeyman Inquisitor, never settling in one place long) I wonder whether his face could've done with some slight stubble.

Still, an amazing model and one I'm definitely saving for future inspiration!

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

RobSkib

Quote from: Molotov on November 26, 2009, 04:45:58 PMI wonder whether his face could've done with some slight stubble.

I thought about doing that actually, but I prefer the look of him clean shaven! I don't know if you can see it in the photographs, but the hair on the back of his head is all stubble from where he hasn't managed to keep his dashing bowl-cut in pristine condition! :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Woah, that is looking fantastic - hugely impressive.  Not only have your modelling skills improved in leaps and bounds, but so have your painting abilities.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: RobSkib on November 26, 2009, 12:15:14 PM
my freehand leaves much to be desired

Bull[EXCOMMUNICATE].

Sorry mate but when you get an idea for the banner its going to be freaking sweet. look at the work you've done on the symbol on the coat, the lining and the purity seal. absolutely top notch painting all round here. can't wait to see more.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Adlan

Wow, fantastic, can't wait to see him finished.

How about a Grinning Skull in an =][= symbol.
Just something I thought of looking at the model.

Myriad

Simply excellent.  Not as debonair as he started out - he's gained quite a bit of weight, but the result is a really gritty model with more genuine prescence.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

I've almost finished his paintjob, but the backbanner is still mystifying me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

In other news, if you follow the fabulous Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave started by Kaled and have read my latest post, I can show you some sneaky WIPs of Takoda Tedd:

I didn't have an auto shotty handy to stick on the model, so I had to bodge one from a standard INQ shotgun. I just shortened both barrels, clipped the stock off and added a nice IG mortar magazine. Looks dandy enought o pass as an auto shotgun methinks, there's life in those old gun models yet!

I have a lot of GS work to do. I'm trying to achieve a certain dashing hat and snakeskin jacket look...
                                     +++++++

phil-o-mat

the auto shotgun looks really cool. the mortar magazine works perfectly!

Tyrant

AKA SquareWave

Kaled

I agree - the shotgun does look great.  I expect we'll see that one copied before long.

Not sure if it's the angle of the picture, but he doesn't look to be holding that gun in his left hand properly.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Robert_the_damned

WOW Xerxas' cloak is AMAZING :o Think I'm going to have to walk arround with my chin in a wheelbarrow my jaw dropped so far!! ;D

Tedd's looking promising too, look forward to seeing some updates on him.

Inquisitor Cade

Yeah, great looking shotgun. Normally weapons slung on the back would point down though, unless I'm misinformed.
*Insert token witticism*

RobSkib

Whoah! Sometimes I even surprise myself at how productive I can be. After some intense industrial-strength worksessions over the past 48 hours, I've produced a very-nearly finished Francis "Takoda" Tedd; an entrepreneur of murder and cousin, "Business is good."

I just have a few more things to do to him - he needs a lapel on the right side of his jacket, maybe some beltloops and buckles if I'm feeling adventurous. Would it be too cheeky to say that he's an ex-member of an Ordo Sepulturum kill-team? :P
                                     +++++++

phil1103

i have to say i'm very annoyed at you.

I have a Dark Heresy Character that i have recently converted into 54mm form. nedless to say, he had a statson hat, and carried two stub autos. and a sawn off break open shotgun on his back. My model was using Slicks legs and body, and a head and weaposn swap, but i'm now gonna have to alter it, as this is so much better! this is what my character should have looked like!

Very jeleous.
Phil1103

Robert_the_damned

hmm looking good!

I'm puzzling over what the red straps are made from, royal mail rubber bands by any chance?  ::) going to have to be a bugger and remind you that rubber petrifys over time so you might find these cracking quite heavily.  :(