Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Magos colours.

Started by Tyrant, November 09, 2009, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrant

Hello,

My Magos (Cal Adonai) Is a dark red and black at the moment but really needs re painting.
Other than browns - and the cream from the studio model anyone else found anything suitable?
Does the Adeptus Mechanicus have a colour code?

I'm thinking Grey/blues perhaps.

Nathan
AKA SquareWave

TheNephew

There's the Foundation Paint colour, I believe.
Ive never used it, but Mechrite Red is pretty much "That AdMech colour" in a pot, as far as i can tell. A bit of highlighting and shading should do you right on that front.
Failing that, I washed my first Techpriest's robes Tentacle Pink over a well-thinned Blood Red coat on Chaos Black undercoat. I figured it'd fit to have him looking a bit creepy since he was working with nulls, pariahs and other such abomination-y things of that ilk.

For the edges, flashy bits and such, Regal (Enchanted?) Blue or Codex Grey as your main colour would probably work, yeah.

I've not seen a canon source for any kind of rank/class colour code, so I guess go with what you want to.
y personal tastes lean towards blues for physicists, browns and greens for biologists, purples for psychic fields and greys for computer type fields. Not sure why though.

precinctomega

I've been using Adeptus Battlegrey on the Magos I'm doing (q.v. Phobos Worked in Adamant, where grey was the colour of the forgeworld.

R.

Tyrant

I slapped on the base coat of Codex grey and 'something else' maybe shadow grey - has blue tint and I was quite happy even the wife said it transformed the model....

Then I dropped it - but still,  the colour is looking good.
AKA SquareWave

Tyrant

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/79570891 - 5xpics

Im quite happy really - since then I dropped it a second time and now he has one less mechandendrite as I couldnt see where it came from ...lol
AKA SquareWave

precinctomega

Very good!  But needs darkening.  A good wash with some Badab Black would really set him off to a T.

R.

Tyrant

Quote from: precinctomega on November 18, 2009, 11:14:42 AM
Very good!  But needs darkening.  A good wash with some Badab Black would really set him off to a T.

R.

Now I have a black ink already but it is JET Black and I'm pretty sure that would be the wrong thing to do...
Is this Badab different?? or have you got a good method of applying.

Cheers

N
AKA SquareWave

Hadriel Caine

If you arent sure, try it out somewhere else first- paint an unused model and wash that.
Badab black (and the other GW washes) aren't especially pigment heavy so shouldn't make anything go to dark straight away. If you are still worried try watering it down a bit to spread out the pigment.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'