Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave

Started by Kaled, November 17, 2009, 05:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

As Inquisitor Vendile sat in the grand amphitheatre listening the Calleia's inauguration speech, he mused on the events of the past few weeks. The worst event personally had been a meeting with a subordinate of Inquisitor Necris to exchange information, an ambush had been sprung by a third party and although the attack was thwarted, Vendile had made a foolish decision to betray the contact and open fire on him during the confusion.

He absent-mindedly rubbed at the still-healing bolt pistol wound to his leg that he'd received for his underestimating of the contacts resources. There had been no way to tell that they'd been wearing a conversion field, not even the characteristic tang in the air. He half-wondered if alien technology was in use, but either way he cared little. He was however frustrated by his current use of a walking cane to keep the weight of his damaged muscles.

The events at the election hadn't gone too badly either. Although he'd been very much caught off guard by the presence of Inquisitor Goddard's pet, Explicator Theobald, and the Malleus inquisitor's name appearing on the final candidates list. Just prior to casting his vote for Calleia, Theobald had grabbed him on the cathedral steps and pushed his back up against a wall, a relativity easy task for her considering his weakened leg. Noticing this, she had clamped her hand around his leg where the wrappings of the still-fresh bandage were and squeezed tightly as she quietly spat out to him in no uncertain terms that he had to cast his vote for Goddard or face the investigation he had promised would come Vendile's way if they ever crossed swords again.

An investigation by Goddard was definitely something to be avoided. The group of inquisitors known as the Order of Krubal had been pathetic and were swatted aside with ease, although Inquisitor Krackensmith still doggedly pursued him, and word had just reached him of the Inquisitor entering the Carthaxian sector less than a week ago. It worried him little though, Krackensmith would find little support in this sector. In comparison however Goddard's sudden rise to prominence locally, despite being based half a galaxy away, was a troublesome upset, but one that could be worked around.

Still, his vote for Goddard had made little difference, and Vendile's desired outcome of Calleia rising to power had been achieved. After all, what was one vote when he had already pressured three other inquisitors into voting for Calleia.

"As you will no doubt have noted, the destruction at Carthage claimed the lives of most of the Helios Cabal, and its few surviving members are spread far and wide in their efforts to combat the Graveel Hegemony." droned on Calleia with his speech as Vendile half-listened while in thought.

A lot of names and places were being mentioned that Vendile had never heard of before, that was one of the problems with having to relocate to a new sector. However the incident at Carthage and the battered Helios Cabal were of great interest to him. His current project required more resources, for which he needed the support of Calleia, as former head of the Cabal and now head of the Carthaxian Conclave, Vendile has sure he could convince the man to back the project. All it required was the right kind of spin to present it as a weapon for assisting the badly depleted Cabal in battling the Graveel Hegemony...
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Brother_Brimstone

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++

+ To: Lord Calleia
+ Priority: Alpha
+ Subject: Transmission Forward

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

My Lord,

Recently our Astropaths received a most disturbing message. Its source was the upper regions of Hive City 1 on the planet Xenuth VI - a hive which we have since discovered had fallen to rebellion. The heretic who authored the transmission named himself as 'Sathuul'. Due to its content, I thought it pertinent to forward the transmission to you, and am now holding the few who have seen the contents of the transmission, due to its sensistive nature. I shall deal with them as you instruct me.

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

Calleia, my friend; I trust this message will somehow find its way to you. I hear you are now the new head of the Conclave and my congratulations go out to you.

But how rude, I have yet to introduce myself; although from what I understand you already know me by reputation. I am Sarthuul, the Prophet of the People. I attended the vote for the new head of the Conclave, although I noticed you were rather preoccupied by an assassination attempt. Such is the problem with your organisation; you have the people's fear but not their admiration - so their expression of displeasure is hardly surprising.

They say that every vote counts, so how does it feel knowing that one of your votes came from a notorious heretic? Apparently, during your inauguration speech you decided to announce a search for me, with the intent of ending my 'heresy'. Such is not a kind way to treat your loyal voters. Still, I am not surprised; your organisation takes the support of the people, and then turns around to bite the hand that once fed it. It shall be my pleasure to bring you and your Conclave to its knees, and finally to let the people have their say over how they wish to live. Somehow, I sense it will be quite...Chaotic.

You may be wondering the purpose of this message; why I might go out of my way to have it sent to you? My reasons were twofold. Firstly, may you now know one of your votes was mine, and may you now ask yourself why; what part you play in the plans of a notorious heretic? With this knowledge may you know that those who see this transmission know it too - I have forced your hand. Even you, in such a position can be manipulated by a lowly 'heretic'. Secondly, may you know that while you have dispatched operatives to capture me; I will not be an easy target. Do not think the aggression will be single handed.

May your dying 'god' protect you from your own weakness.

Sarthuul

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

As you can see, my Lord, the contents are most disturbing, but I trust that you will know how to deal with them.

The emperor protects.

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

+++ TRANSMISSION TERMINATED +++

RobSkib

+++ TO: The Office of Lord Calleia +++

+++ SENDER: Ezekiel Dune +++

+++ SUBJECT: Assassination Attempt +++

My Lord,

My Master sends his apologies he could not be there in person and contacting him has been difficult as of late, but rest assured his eyes and ears were not absent from the election.

This message is to inform you that the results have returned from the tests we ran on your armour where the shot landed, as requested. From cross-examining the curious lesions left on the outer carapace where the weapon struck, I can confirm the weapon was not of human origin. It appears to have been fired from a weapon based on Eldar technology, but the evidence was not conclusive. A wider blast radius and small flecks of plasma splash indicate the weapon was either in poor condition or improvised in some way, and I can't believe that an Eldar would allow his weapon to fall into such disrepair.

Also we have had great difficulty in contacting my master, and he may not yet know of your electoral victory. We have, however, received a few transmissions from his pict-capt servitor, which appears not to have transmitted the entire message. Judging by the few images we received, the communication link must have been severed by the Umbra.

File attatched: FN-74-B4 and FN-74-B5.

Emperor protect.

+++ MESSAGE ENDS ++++
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Necris

++Incoming Message++
++Author Inquisitor Necris++
++Missive Begins++
++Subject Celebrations and Warnings++

To my Brothers and Sisters

In the wake of the tragedy that has befallen our Conclave with the Events at Carthage and the loss of so many of our peers I have petitioned to have Jerrad Cross my acolyte elevated to the full rank of Inquisitor, Jerrad conducted himself with credit during my absence in the hunt for the renegade Niska and during the events of the conclave elections.

It was my feeling that despite his youth Jerrad should become an Inquisitor in his own right.

Inquisitor Altus, Vepres and Lord Inquisitor Kyriaciou stood as witness and sponsors.

In other news Lord Kyriaciou  has stood down as Master of the Order of the Iron Rose, he feels that his duties to the order removed his experience from the conclave that would be better served in rebuilding the Conclave numbers as such he has chosen the travel the sector in the hopes of finding suitable acolytes rebuild our ranks.

In the wake of this decision I have take up the Lord Kyriaciou's position, and as head of the Iron Rose I intend to drive the Order's goals harder than ever before, it has became clear to me especially during the election that our Conclave of rife with corruption and as the Order has always strived we will seek out those who have fallen from the right path and clean our house.

++Missive Ends++

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Brother_Brimstone

+ Subject: Prisoner Escape

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

My Lord,

The events which led to the capture of the heretic preacher Zophar/Sarthuul have been attached for your review - File HF5463X . Following this, as Zophar/Sarthuul was being transported to the spaceport (by armoured truck as opposed to Valkyrie, due to the reasons cited in the attached file), the truck convoy was bombed. While a few badly burned bodies of PDF men and Enforcers were found, we could not find the heretic's body. By the Emperor's will, perhaps he was hit full on by the explosion and his body was vaporised; although I fear the reality of the situation is much more grave. I am afraid he must once more be considered a danger to the people of the sector as he once again walks free.

May the Emperor protect

Officer Granouchi

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dark thoughts were running through Zophar's mind. Thoughts of evil and hatred, of death and destruction, of innocents suffering needlessly. And yet; satisfaction... Maybe he had become the monster he had always committed himself to destroy. Maybe his years spent as a PDFsman trained to hunt down heretics were wasted. Maybe he need look no further than himself. This was the fate he deserved. To be trialled and executed, if he was lucky. Perhpas something far worse, perhaps he would be forced to 'redeem' himself – he had heard of tales of Chrono-gladiators and Arco-flagellants; the latter sending images racing through his mind, of a mad creature with chainswords for arms pursuing him through a city. Images of explosions filled his mind. Death might be the release; the release from this suffering and the release from this longing.

The armoured transport vehicle crunched across the rough gravel towards the spaceport. He should have been transported by Valkyrie, but apparently one of 'his associates' had destroyed that. He numbly wondered how he could have associates while he didn't know where he'd been all this time, but the officer had seemed fairly insistent. Suddenly the seat beneath him shook and he felt heat and intense pain, as he once again blacked out. Conciousness returned as he felt himself lying on what he presumed was the gravel ground. He had a serious head wound and could feel himself losing a lot of blood. He knew he was going to die. Then he heard a strangely accented gruff voice say 'Take it, you thrice damned fool!' and he felt a hilt being placed in his hand and his fingers being forcefully wrapped around it. The external damage to his head, the wound that was to kill him began to knit itself back together. He could actually feel the bone plates reconnect and the muscle, flesh and skin regrow. The, by now familiar, dizzy blood loss was gone. He felt strong and powerful.

Yet, not all was good. While his bodily damage was healed something else was happening. His mind felt like it was being compressed. Forced into a space several sizes too small. Being oushed out of his waking body and being attacked. He felt himself being simultaneously broken down and yet soothed. How dare those Imperials persecute him! He was the victim! He was defending his fellow man when he came across that sword! And now they wanted to take it away from him! He had given his life for that sword and now they wanted to take it away! Well, he would be damned if he was to let them. He was not going to die. He was going to make them see that a force such as he cannot be destroyed. A force such as he only grows more powerful with time. He felt satisfied, filled with dark ambition and an unquenchable bloodlust. He let his mind give in to the Chaos, and all returned to black. Sarthuul had returned to his rightful seat, and he would make those who took him prisoner pay. He had seen things through the warp. A point on which the fate of the sector rested. He would tip the balance in his favour. The sector would fall to Chaos and he would show the conclave what it was like to be the persecuted rather than the persecutors. Then he would return to the warp with the support of a whole sector's worth of human souls. A new god would be born, and it's name would be Sarthuul the King Of Lies.

--------------------------------------

It had been simple work for Willie. He had had to patch up his chest and arm, but luckily the Molotov cocktail he had dropped had cauterised the wounds. His arm had remained intact when separated from his body, and he was sure that his master would reward his efforts by using some of his power to reattach it. His master could heal all the ills visited upon him by the Imperium. The Imperial lawgivers had left him there, assuming he had died in the blaze of the Molotov, but he'd managed to roll over and luckily, most of the burning fluid had sprayed away from him rather than on him. He had made a mental note to make sure that he made his Molotovs more potent in future. He'd survived that one far too easily. After that, it was just an issue of shadowing Zophar's captors to the armoured truck (they had left the box of Zophar's possessions, including Sarthuul, behind when they fled the shots of his mercenary and the blades of Severin).

After he gathered the box and followed Zophar to the truck he made a few simple calculations of what path the truck would take (based on his knowledge of imperial convoy tactics and the most direct path to the space port). He knew the underside of the truck was its least armoured part; it had told him so... He talked it into stalling for a while, giving him time, and he ran ahead, planting a remotely controlled demolition charge under the gravel. After doing so, he hid behind a nearby rock formation and waited for the 3 trucks to reach the bomb. He detonated it while Zophar's carrier was above the bomb. The explosion was brilliant – a credit to Willie's bombmaking abilities, and he was fairly sure the drivers and guards inside all three of the carriers were dead. Zophar was lying on the floor, many bones broken and with a piece of shrapnel in his head. Willie removed the shrapnel and, carefully removing Sarthuul from his box placed it in Zophar's hand, closing his fingers around it. 'Take it, you thrice damned fool!', he said, knowing the sword would heal this man's body. Once Sarthull awoke and gathered his strength, perhaps then he would find his way to patching up Willie. Even if he didn't, Willie didn't particularly mind. For Willie, only the explosions mattered and things can still explode no matter how many hands you have...

MarcoSkoll

+++ SOURCE: TIGGUO COBAUC +++
+++ AUTHOR: INQUISITOR MARCO ROBERT SKOLL +++
+++ RECIPIENT: INQUISITOR LYRA JOANDRA RHODES +++

+++ MESSAGE HAS BEEN LOGGED TO FILE G83:Q5b-Y2.a +++

+++ TRANSMISSION TERMINATES+++
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Brother_Brimstone

+ Subject: Carthax Sector Update

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

My Lord,

In a recent evaluation, we became aware that we had overlooked your Sector for quite some time, and it was one of the few remaining sectors containing no known Operatives. Your recent inauguration, we feel, provided the perfect opportunity  to dispatch one of our Operatives to the sector, in order to carry out our Affairs (with such a change in the state of the Conclave, a new face shall not be as much of a surprise). He is a reliable Inquisitor, and while he does not belong to any of the Ordos (as per Organisation regulations), he should be accounted for and treated with the same level of respect as any other member of your Conclave

I presume that you are not aware of The Organisation or our work; do not feel uninformed, there are few with clearance to access such information. I'm afraid even in light of your new position, your clearance is still not sufficient to allow you access to any information regarding The Organisation. Our Operative knows his duties, and is bound by The Organisation's code of conduct, meaning he shall respect your authority and that of the other Conclave Members; unless Affairs dictate that he must act otherwise.

I apologise for how this message must appear, we do not wish to offend you, but it is to be understood that The Organisation's authority is not to be questioned – even by one such as you. There shall only be one Operative in your sector (as per Organisation regulations), and thus we trust that our Affairs will not interfere with your duties or interests.

Do not try to respond or make contact – if we have any further information, we shall contact you.

- The Overseer.

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

Brother_Brimstone

+ Priority: Delta - Three
+ Subject: The Organisation

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

My Lord,

Since you were contacted by someone claiming to be part of a group known as The Organisation, we have, at your request, compiled all the knowledge available on this mysterious group. I hope you will forgive me, my Lord, but there is little that we know for certain, as The Organisation is very secretive and shadowy, but I have included the rumours I have heard about them, as well as those ‘facts’ which had more substantial evidence behind them.

Please find enclosed File FH01G2E

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

Heroka Vendile

+++ Missive to Lord Inquisitor Calleia from Adeptus Arbites Marshal Dellus Ra'Al +++

My Lord,
I wish to inform you of the discovery of the remains of the missing Inquisitor, Evia Varoya - former ally and "instrument of displeasure" of the deceased Lord Inquisitor Grolin.
Her brutalised body was clearly put through horrendous torture at the hands of a still-unknown assailant.
The deceased was discovered by chance in the cellar of a warehouse in the slum district of a large mining town on Aniels Reach, 530km from her kidnap site.
As per your request at the onset of the investigation into her kidnapping, her body and all evidence collected from both the kidnap site and the site of her discovery is now in transit to the Inquisitorial Fortress on Pillarus Prime for archiving and any further investigation.

Yours,
Marshal Dellus Ra'Al
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

+++ ASTROPATHIC DUCT DELTA IV ACTIVE+++
+++ SOURCE: TERSESI IV +++
+++ AUTHOR: INQUISITOR IOLAX ARES +++
+++ RECIPIENT: INQUISITOR LORD CALLEIA +++

My Lord Inquisitor Calleia, I bring grave news.

Our attempts to quell the political tensions on Tersesi IV, while they have held off the onset of war for seventy-one years, have finally failed, with no fewer than one thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight noble families having renounced Governor Sigrefe as incompetent and unworthy of his position.

While we had anticipated and prepared for a rebellion on a smaller scale, the military manpower available to nearly two thousand families in unison has left the PDF and Arbites outmatched, fighting a losing battle. PDF desertions are at level Beta X, despite unprecedented dwindling of the Commissariat's ammunition stores.

At present, the projected advancement of the enemy forces gives a time-scale of no longer than three standard months before Tersesi becomes unable to meet its vital tithe of adamantium ores. If hostilities prolong to six months or longer, the planet will likely remain unable to provide its full tithe for at least twenty years.

We have already requisitioned several regiments of the Imperial Guard, and petitioned both the Chapter Master of the Astral Jackals and the Collegia Titanicus on Sollemne VII for aid. I pray to the Emperor that they will respond with the haste and force necessary.

The truly concerning news is that this is in the wake of events I am convinced were deliberate political sabotage, attacking Governor Sigrefe's reputation and exploiting long running feuds to their fullest. I attach file 8916A.ix, cataloguing all such events. Statistical analysis by the Inquisition's Lexmechanics shows a <0.46% probability of such a sequence occurring without a calculated intent.

I myself am leading the hunt for these heretics, and vow to subject them to the full force of the Inquisition's justice.

Inquisitor Iolax Ares

+++ MESSAGE TERMINATES+++
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Myriad

+++ Incoming transmission +++

I am pleased to report to the conclave the the demonic artefact codenamed deus ex has been recovered and the threat to a certain important trade hub ended.  I would commend my colleague Terwyn for securing the recovery of the artefact in the face of considerable injuries, sustained battling the demonic forces unleashed.

It is with regret that I report that the artefact is not as useful as it has been previously.  It would appear that an unknown xenos was able to interfere with the bindings on the artefact and, skilled though I am, I have been unable to cleanse the taint.  This renders use of the artefact dangerous in the extreme, and I am sequestering it in a secure archive until we can determine exactly what occured.

Inquisitor Lord Smog

+++ Transmission Ends +++
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Heroka Vendile

++ Missive to Lord Inquisitor Calleia ++

My Lord Inquisitor Calleia,
Please find attached the full report on Project Osnova's progress. To surmise the very lengthy contents for my lord:
Logitechnician Gellus predicts the facilities systems will be capable of running full experiments in 19 days time, after which time the experiments shall be run as previously agreed with yourself for a period of 12 days before changing to the experimental process put forward by Magos Vosh for the next 12 days. With the following 12 days then allotted to the experiments planned by the Scholastica Psykana. This will allow for the follow-up inspection by all three parties of all the initial findings to be presented in 55 days time.
Bellus then goes on to request confirmation from yourself as to who will be expected as the Inquisitorial representative at said inspection.

Your humble servant,
Senior Scrivinor-Adept Halkholm
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

the relative peace of the battleships background noise was shattered by a thundering crescendo of noise before Magos Rownes' synthetic voice began barking a barrage of explitives.

Adept Liwet sighed as she wandered toward Rownes office-chapel. These outbursts were becoming more commonplace, Rownes inexperience with non-automated lifeforms clashing with his inquisitive clone-child.

As she approached the chapel door it opened and a bulky servitor stepped through carrying Annika, almost lovingly,  the child sobbing.
"Take her to my area." Liwet stroked Annikas hair as the servitor passed. she was unsure if it was her imagination but their movements seemed softer and gentler in Annikas presence.

She entered the chapel and observed Rowne directing a collection of servoarm fittings and servitors as they shunted pieces of tech into place.

"Ommisiaah-cursed failure of an experiment." Rownes' servitor body turned for face Liwet. "What do you want?"

"The Inquisition is gathering. I am going to utilise the distraction to move freely. There is a multitude of archeotech asleep, waiting to be rescued and awakened."

"Your standard contract stands. A bonus should you take that abomination with you" Rownes servitor waved a hand languidly.

Liwet stomped back down the corridor barking commands into the vox-bead. "Adept Octus! Prepare my lander and Servitors 4-RR-1 through to 4-RN-1! we're going hunting!"
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Necris

++Access Granted++
++Order of the Iron Rose Communication Network++
++Access Identity ******++
++Subject++
++ Missive to Lord Inquisitor Calleia ++

++Message Begins++

My Lord as you have requested I present the Order's recent activities.

Inquisitor Cross has been engaged with investigations regarding a Preacher Attfield who has recently been heard speaking out against the Inquisition, Cross is currently tracking the Preacher across the sector following in the wake of his sermons, sermons which have brought hostility to not only members of our order but the enforcers of the Arbiters and sisters of the Ordo Millitants. This latter hostility is troubling as the sisterhood not only serve out needs but also those of the church, if Attfield has turned rouge that is a troubling notion as his movements and actives are far beyond the abilities of a regular Preacher.

Lord Kyriaciou has successfully gathered a body of some dozen candidates for Inquisitional service of those he is hopeful that a handful of those will be worthy of joining our ranks, he has withdrawn to a secluded safehouse known only to himself to begin his training, we can only hope that his works are successful.

Inquisitor Telum has recently joined our ranks, an acolyte of the Mysterious Inquisitor Vepres he possesses a unique ability that I will discuss with you more in depth, it is my opinion that the young inquisitor would be better suited within the ranks Malleus but so far he is resistant to the idea, I am presently seeking a suitable member of the conclave with whom he could work alongside, any suggestions of a suitable tutor would be welcome.

In regards to myself, my recovery from the incidents surrounding your successful election continues to progress at a steady pace, and my investigations continue also I was alarmed to discover a Xenos present at such a high security event and my suspicions of its nature have urged me to summon Inquisitor Xaros of the Ordo Xenos to aid me in my investigations, I have dispatched my own agents in the hunt for Zophar and they had reported some marginal success in predicting and tracking his movements, we have reasons to believe that his presence will be felt in the up coming months, I have also requested an audience with Inquisitor Marco a witness to the attempt upon my life I am hoping he can shed some light onto the identity of my attacker.

I hope this meets with your requirements.

Kind Regards

Necris, Grand Master of the Order of the Iron Rose. 

++Message Ends++

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Myriad

++message begins++

My lord Calleia

I must regrettably inform you that my investigations into the identity of Kaede Mack have come to something of an impasse.  One of his body doubles agreed to lead us to a meeting and pointed out a masked figure as Kaede Mack.  Although this man did show impressive skills with a knife before I naturally got the better of him, he appeared drug crazed and hardly a likely candidate for a leading criminal.  More likely he was an assassin, and Mack had advanced warning that the meeting was a set up.

Meanwhile our contact had been gunned down by Kaede Mack, according to another witness (incidently, matching many of my descriptions of Mack), who was also gunned down by an ally of the same.  Return fire from my associate Martin Cameron and myself forced them into cover, but little was left to salvage and the trail had gone dry.  At last count that leaves 4 Kaede Macks, who appear to be involved in some kind of turf war, in which case my recommendation is to let them fight it out.

Miraculusly, our contact recovered her wounds, but has few memories, and now follows Martin, who for some reason was praying for her recovery, around like an adoring puppy.  I have of course considered termination, but this seems to be his divine will.

Inquisitor Torquemeda

++message ends++
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!