Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Marco does something

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 18, 2009, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

QuoteShe'd be a pleasure to play!
Weeeeeell... I expect she'll only get used in one game.

This isn't going to be her normal warband, and because she's a pretty formidable character, I don't want to end up putting her out with the more fighty of Katlien's allies. So there's only a certain three games on the day (I may end up GMing one), putting the Sister out twice would mean I'd get to put Vera out only once. And Vera is going to be fun. ;D

But I do want a chance to get the Sister on the table sometime soon.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Damon

Incredible green stuffing. I can't wait to see the finished model

Zakkeg

Christ on a cracker - you have improved, haven't you? She'll be absolutely stunning when finished, I've no doubt. If I had a cap, I'd doff it.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

MarcoSkoll

Today has been rather slow, and I've not got half as much done as I'd like (much time wasted trying to do chaplet beads with a brass wire core), but here's something nonetheless:

(Again, click for full size)

Slightly rough work at the moment (I've yet to smooth the armour plates, and some reshaping to do), but this is the start of the Stormtrooper whose armature I posted on the last page.
I'm playing it a bit loose with the reference image I was given, going for more square and angular armour plates - partly personal taste, but also because I fancied practising flat areas and hard edges some more. (Not many of them on the other models I'm working on at the moment).

Quote from: Zakkeg on June 18, 2011, 09:16:58 AMChrist on a cracker - you have improved, haven't you?
I try.

If only I can now avoid wasting all the effort by smothering it with a sub-par paintjob. My brushwork really needs practice...

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on June 19, 2011, 02:46:58 AM
If only I can now avoid wasting all the effort by getting them cast up

fixed ;)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

She's really not designed for casting. For example, the corset bow, loincloth, parchment knot...

Also, I don't particularly want to make copies of my PC models, because it would lose the uniqueness I've tried to give them. (By copying official GW art, yeah, I know)

However, if I feel my skills are up to it, I will probably do a range of models for casting at some point in the future.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Rightyho.

Good news is that the sister is almost finished.

(Click for larger version. Sorry it's a bit rough in places, but I haven't yet polished out all of the filing/knife marks yet.)

She needs her sleeves, a left hand and her chaplet, there's a little more to do to the bolter (which takes longer than everything else, because the resin won't take the heat of trying to cure the putty faster) but her shoulder pads are on the way. Hopefully obviously, that edging is a rough framework, not the end result!

Sculpting should more or less be finished by this evening or early tomorrow, which should give me some time to tidy it up and then do a hopefully not awful paint job...

... but, bad news time. I haven't been able to do a head I'm happy with for Nyi, and given she's very important to the dynamic of Katlien's warband and that I'm no longer prepared to horribly rush models, Katlien is again getting pushed back to another event.

Sorry. But I do have another new model on the painting desk who I would love to get on the table, so I do have reserves.

GW's =I= articles

Hadriel Caine

Marco you're great. The improvement of your sculpting over the last few years is as incredible as it is encouraging. She looks wonderful. Can't wait for you to finish it!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

MarcoSkoll

Slightly more assembled (with generous amounts of blu tack), and the elbow joints made - just so there's some detail underneath the edges of the sleeves.

GW's =I= articles

Alyster Wick

That looks seriously fantastic. The progress you've made with your sculpting abilities is an inspiration to the rest of us to just keep trying. You really brought the image to life.

Shannow

Not much too add to alysters post except that the face is truly fantastic, ever considered it as s career!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Yeah, it is funny to think the thread is only a little over a year and a half old. Neat, in its own way too - it's going to be interesting to see where the next year and a half takes me. Maybe there is a potential career in it, if I can stop myself getting side tracked along the way.

Right now though, this thread is the sidetracking culprit. Still got a bit to do for the sister, and finish the tweaks to Lyra (it seemed like a shame not to sharpen a few details and fix a few mistakes while her paint was stripped, particularly as you've all been talking about how much my skills have improved).

So... Dosvedanya!

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

Its great!

But, to be constructive - 1) the Icon in the middle of the chest is a bit off? or is that photo angle? 2) the elbows could do with some cleaning up, they're not as good as the legs. Thats about all the constructive critique I can offer - the design is great, and the execution is lovely.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

The elbows are being cleaned up, but I'm not going to put as long into them as the legs, because almost all of that is going to be covered up by the sleeves.

The icon, however, I will check.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Firstly, I have to apologise. I appear to be missing any pictures of the Battle Sister in this thread. I know many of you did see her at the Summer Conclave, but for the rest of you, I'll take some pictures when the sun is up tomorrow. Probably after fixing some of the sloppier freehand.

She is missing her chaplet for the moment, but that's because it was taking longer than I had spare before the Summer Conclave to get the beads right, and it was going to be easier to add it later if I hadn't tried to shoehorn in a "make do" that I'd have to get rid of again.

In other news, I'm probably going to make another one. This deviantART piece caught my eye while I was working on the last one, and I think the Daemonhuntress I've got around is close enough that she won't need too much hacking to make into that - I know I didn't want to use her before, but she might as well get used for something.

Two Battle Sisters is probably slightly potty, but then again, so is deciding to make a 25 man Imperial Guard platoon, both genders of all but one of the Eldar Aspects and several vehicles.

GW's =I= articles