Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Marco does something

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 18, 2009, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Tremendous sculpting work on the Sister - what I particularly like is that the pose looks really neat, natural and elegant. Great result!

MarcoSkoll

One Battle Sister, currently using the name of Rhian unless I think of a better one.

(Click for a size much less kind to my painting).
Left, Rear & Right

As said on the last page, yes, her chaplet is missing. I won't repeat why all over again.
And the base is plain at present because I haven't decided on a scheme for the warband she'll eventually join. She'll be rebased when I know what that's going to be.

~~~~~

More stuff too.

The reworked Lyra:

Left, Rear & Right

Not perfect, but there was only so much I could do with the time I had and that old model. Compared to how she used to look, there's been some minor rebalancing of her pose, I've narrowed the waist and fixed some of the other dodgy anatomy, details have been sharpened, and I'm less unhappy with the face (actually still the same one as she had before, but with a lot of carving from a hobby knife). And she now actually looks vaguely feminine, so yay.

I also changed her weapons. Revolver from the Heresy weapons sprues, and a new shock maul to replace the old one (partly because the old one was a bit crude, partly because Orla Riall destroyed the damn thing in Lyra's first game). I think the head is cut out of an Ogre Kingdoms standard, and the handle... that might be a Chaos warrior standard.

And of course, new paint and base.

Kai, more repainted than reworked:

Left, Rear & Right

The underlying model isn't much different to how he was at the 2009 IGT. Only an added rebreather, a slight adjustment to his feet, and a rebasing from before.
(EDIT: Might as well link to the old version.)

By the way, sorry about the overall quality of the photos, but I forgot to get pictures while the sun was up, so I had to resort to the flash and diffusers.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I don't buy 54mm models that often. If you don't include the two boxes of Airfix WWII models, it's a sum total of three since I first joined the Conclave not quite three years ago (10th Aug 2008), all of which were actually within the last four months.

Sgt Stone and Gav's Techpriestess (both at the IGT), and as of this week, a Yedharo Virgo off Kierkegaard.

Now, I'm not sure who else has this model, but as far as I know no-one has yet posted a scale shot of this apparently very tall model, I guess it's down to me.

The tallest model I currently have (excluding Artemis) is Marco, who roughly rivals RobSkib's "Big Mack" for height.
So, line him, her, and the return of the unfinished Bloody Paulus up, and... well:

This girl is a quite staggering 66mm tall. Some of that is down to her heels, but she's not exactly the 54mm she's sold as. By 1:32 scaling, that's about 7 feet tall.

I'm not complaining - personally, I think it's great; I like my models to be all sorts of different heights. In fact, I may even deliberately exaggerate it further by finding ways to add an extra couple of mm here and there.

But for those of you who are less keen on such things, she might be one to give a miss.

GW's =I= articles

Alyster Wick

The tall slender female model that you have is an absolutely perfect Eldar. She's slender, well built and with a certain ethereal quality about her (though that may just be the color of the material used).  Either way, I'd definitely love to get my hands on one, I'll have to google Yedharo Virgo.

Oh, and your minis are only getting better. Kai's new paintjob looks great as does the reworked Lyra. As for the completed battle sister, well done. It's a mini I'm sure many of us would be happy to purchase (though I definitely understand your not wanting to cast it up).

DapperAnarchist

And with that armour, she's a Dark Eldar waiting to happen...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

I can think of no better way to return to the clave after a break by commenting on how amazing your sister of battle looks.

And rather aptly I am listening to pink Floyd as in type this:p the final cut if your interested.

Stunning work
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

More on the matter of the Avatar to 54mm Warlock conversion:

All the cuts made to the Avatar:

Like I said some posts back, the legs on the Avatar are proportionally too short so those have been cut to be lengthened, but I'm also adding a little in at the waist and neck, because I want this guy to have the height and slender appearance the Eldar have in my mind (He'll up end somewhat over 60mm tall)

And what it looks like with the basic lengthening and bulking done:

Once the GS is set, I may well decide to recut it to bring the legs closer together. I'm expecting him to look alien and there is going to be more bulk added to the inside thighs, but it still may be a bit too out of place.

EDIT: Also recently picked up a Lady Jena on Ebay. Still trying to decide on how I'll convert it, but its a model I've long liked but never actually bought...

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

[ShockHorror]I thought Marco didn't buy GW 54mm models[/ShockHorror]
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

biggreengribbly

Quote from: Inquisitor Octavian Lars on August 10, 2011, 08:05:00 PM

So long as he still makes a point of not buying them *from* GW, I think he's safe ;)

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: biggreengribbly on August 10, 2011, 10:42:53 PM
Quote from: Inquisitor Octavian Lars on August 10, 2011, 08:05:00 PM

So long as he still makes a point of not buying them *from* GW, I think he's safe ;)
and yet I spy with my little eye something beginning with Citadel Cutting Mat :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Stormgrad

There is the possibility that these where bought before his boycott or before his skills reached the point where he was able to say right no more

Heroka Vendile

either way I should probably stop making fun at the expense of our current DarkHeresy GM, might end up with a vendetta against my character. ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

I have no vendetta for your character. I mean, you even had someone arrive just in the nick of time to save you from the man who didn't want his truck stolen.

The fact he broke his face and needed to be rescued by a girl in the first place isn't a vendetta, it's just hilarious.

~~~~~

Now, I see we've gone a bit off topic...

In summary: Jena - bought unused, but second hand. Avatar - from a box of late 90s stuff a mate gave me (and anyway, would have been Finecast if bought recently). Cutting mat - actually the last thing I ever bought from GW,  around about a month before I started my boycott.

All perfectly legit by the rules I set - i.e. Neither GW or a direct supplier has been handed any of my money.

~~~~~

Anyway, more on topic, I've reassessed the Warlock, and those legs aren't quite as weird as they look in the photo, so adjustments will be minor.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

I will be very interested to see how this chap t urns out. Will he be weilding a singing spear or sword 'n' pistol combo?

Also.. what happened to those guardsmen? :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Either a Singing Spear or some Eldritch staff - they're more distinctively "Path of the Seer" than sword and pistol combos.

I'd like to leave some of the base model visible without hiding it all under robes - which, as it's something of a break from what Seers normally look like, will need other visual cues to reinforce that it's a Warlock.
A traditional wizard pose with the "staff" clenched in one hand and the other hand outstretched to cast will get that into player's minds nice and clearly, I think.

Also, it will suit the model better. The Avatar has a raised left shoulder, so really needs a raised left arm (and will naturally look right), and that works better to have that arm raised to grip the haft of a spear than flailing a sword around in mid air.

QuoteAlso.. what happened to those guardsmen?
They got left mostly finished at a mate's house shortly before the IGT. I didn't get them back until afterwards - at which point I didn't have any immediate need for them, so I was working on more important things instead.

They should appear at the Autumn Conclave.

GW's =I= articles