Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Guard officer. Yes he is also another sniper.

Started by Inquisitor Cade, November 14, 2009, 02:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

This is a guard junior officer who used to lead a spec ops sniper team. He might have been slightly ripped off Sean Bean.

Front

Right

Left

With chainsword

Back with chainsword

The Chainsword (what was it built from guessing game:)

What do people think about the chainsword? I think it looks too bulky, but as an officer I feel he should have some sort of significant close combat weapon.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on November 14, 2009, 02:10:31 PM
What do people think about the chainsword? I think it looks too bulky, but as an officer I feel he should have some sort of significant close combat weapon.
I really like it, but I don't think it fits the model - a noisy, bulky chainsword doesn't seem like the right weapon for a stealthy, camouflaged sniper guy.  I'd just have given him a knife.  Also, how is he going to carry it?  Are you going to add some sort of belt loop?  A sling on his rifle might be good too so it's out the way when he wants to use the chainsword.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Tyrant

The epilettes(SP?) and desperado head go really well with the judge model, I like that.
AKA SquareWave

Inquisitor Cade

I don't think I trust myself to make a convincing strap, so I think I'll leave it.

While I don't want to rip off sharp too badly, my greater concern is that he becomes just another sniper and not a character, so I do want him to have something more than a knife. Maybe a regular sword.

QuoteThe epilettes(SP?) and desperado head go really well with the judge model, I like that.

I've now got three characters based on the judge's body, and they all look very distinct, so it is a very versitile body.

Also, thanks to precinctomega for the left epaulette.

I quite like the shiney epaulettes on the camo coat, it seems very 40k, tradition overiding practicality.
*Insert token witticism*

precinctomega

Delighted to see the part in a good use.  I love the use of Sharpe as an inspiration - I'm surprised I've not seen it before, now I come to think of it.

I'd be inclined to say to do his coat again: paint it with Knarloc Green and drybrush with Dheneb Stone for a more "improvised camouflage" look.  Give the whole model a good wash with Devlan Mud to mute and shade.

As far as a the chainsword goes, I'd say it was quite fitting for a Sharpe character, but should probably either be slung across his back, or from his right-hand side.

R.

Inquisitor Cade

The chainsword did look a bit better on his right, but it would have ment that his side arm and sword were both left hand draw, which wouldn't make sense given how he is holding the rifle. I recon that a lighter sword might distance the character from Sharpe a bit, as well as suiting the model better.
I agree that the coat isn't great. Have you any examples of models painted by the scheme you suggest that I can see?
*Insert token witticism*

Inquisitor Ranovack

I quite like the chain sword but understand where you are comng from with the size problem. Could you put z pckture of him with the smaller sword when youve done it so we can compare

Not sure about the camo but wont coment untill I see what precinctomega was n mind

apart from that i love the modal

Oh one more thing
I told you Sharpe was a good idea for a characters inspiraton
so there :P
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteOh one more thing
I told you Sharpe was a good idea for a characters inspiraton

I never argued that at all, I'm just worried about the line between inspiration and imitation.

I'm stilll not convinced by a sword. An axe or mace might be an interesting alternative, as well as distancing the loadout from that of Sharp himself.
*Insert token witticism*