Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

1:1 scale rosette/pistol

Started by Dvil, November 18, 2009, 05:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvil

Okay, so I got this long coat 1/2 weeks ago, and people have now taken to calling me 'Inquisitor Yates'. So, for the sake of fancy dress parties/Gamesdays, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can cheaply buy/manufacture a full-scale Inquisitorial rosette and bolt/laspistol?
On MSN? Add me! Let's face it; if you don't I'll just add you.

greenstuff_gav

didn't someone use a Nerf Gun to make a stubber?

This i want :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on November 18, 2009, 05:45:26 PM
didn't someone use a Nerf Gun to make a stubber?

Robey, he's done a couple that the's sold on ebay.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

PM102

PrecinctOmega made this, which may be what Gav was referring to. And I think Yenk made a laspistol which was on the old 'clave too.

Dvil

Quote from: PM102 on November 18, 2009, 06:01:36 PM
PrecinctOmega made this, which may be what Gav was referring to. And I think Yenk made a laspistol which was on the old 'clave too.

WOW. Was that made out of a nerf gun? How difficult is that to make, do you know?

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Dvil on November 18, 2009, 06:11:13 PM

WOW. Was that made out of a nerf gun? How difficult is that to make, do you know?

It pretty much just a paintjob on a standard Nerf gun, with some dissassembly to ensure it still worked properly, IIRC.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Dvil

Marvellous, so it is, and only £20 from Argos! Last question regarding the gun: does anyone know how well Citadel paints go onto a nerf gun? They're the only ones I have, unfortunately.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dvil on November 18, 2009, 06:32:40 PMDoes anyone know how well Citadel paints go onto a nerf gun?
Very expensively. I'd seriously recommend buying cheaper paints than GW's ones for painting that kind of expanse. I might use them for fine detailing, but no more than that.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Tullio

Plasticard would be my material of choice, at least for the basic shape. A friend of mine built a bolt pistol out of wood, if I recall

Tullio

Sumaki

Quote from: Dvil on November 18, 2009, 06:32:40 PM
Marvellous, so it is, and only £20 from Argos! Last question regarding the gun: does anyone know how well Citadel paints go onto a nerf gun? They're the only ones I have, unfortunately.

Really? i swear i saw some in toys are us for a tenner.... hmm. profit?
one of these days i will paint one like robeys, just too cool!

Dvil

Well, that Argos price was literally the first one Google gave me, so I'm not surprised you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

And can anyone suggest a specific brand/kind of paints for use with this?

phil1103

Quote from: Tullio on November 18, 2009, 06:49:52 PM
Plasticard would be my material of choice, at least for the basic shape. A friend of mine built a bolt pistol out of wood, if I recall

Tullio

That  Bolt Pistol is mine, I can take some photos if requested, but it's basically a few layers of MDF sandwiched together.

On another note, I have a Nerf Maverick that will become a good stubber.

Phil.

Ynek

And I think Yenk made a laspistol which was on the old 'clave too.

Yep. I made quite a few props for Dark heresy, including a pair of laspistols.
The process of making a laspistol is actually quite easy. Just get yourself a toy gun (the more gubbinsy the better. I used a WW2 style luger), add a diagonally cut section of PVC pipe (to make the distinctive lasweapon barrel) and then use lots of glue and bitz box bitz to make it look 40k.

Then it's just a matter of paint. Lots and lots of paint.

I'm currently toying with the idea of making a full-scale plasma gun out of milk bottles, but that's another story.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Ynek on November 19, 2009, 01:09:50 AMI'm currently toying with the idea of making a full-scale plasma gun out of milk bottles, but that's another story.
Don't be silly. The plasma would melt the bottles.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ynek

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 19, 2009, 01:36:53 AM
Quote from: Ynek on November 19, 2009, 01:09:50 AMI'm currently toying with the idea of making a full-scale plasma gun out of milk bottles, but that's another story.
Don't be silly. The plasma would melt the bottles.

Mine would be special. My psychic powers of refrigeration keep it from melting. :P
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."