Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Getting hold of Dark Heresy Sourcebooks

Started by Tullio, November 21, 2009, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tullio

Well, Amazon have just told me that they've run out of The Radicals Handbook ... which I placed a pre-order for in June. I've had a good shout and complain for the look of the thing, but in my fury I don't want to use Amazon for books again. Does anyone know any good sites/stores for getting hold of the books? I would travel into Birmingham to get it, but I don't really know where all the stores are.

Thanks in advance,

Tullio

N01H3r3

Quote from: Tullio on November 21, 2009, 09:39:46 PM
Well, Amazon have just told me that they've run out of The Radicals Handbook ... which I placed a pre-order for in June. I've had a good shout and complain for the look of the thing, but in my fury I don't want to use Amazon for books again. Does anyone know any good sites/stores for getting hold of the books? I would travel into Birmingham to get it, but I don't really know where all the stores are.

Thanks in advance,

Tullio
Amazon generally have a bad reputation for any RPG books that aren't D&D ones; in the past, they've actually taken a pre-order down (claiming that the product isn't available) only to replace it moments later with an updated entry at a higher price.

It won't be particularly helpful to you, but I always get my gaming books from my local gaming store (Eclectic Games, just opposite Reading Station), rather than buying them online. I pay more than I would through Amazon, but I get the service, certain books get put aside for me as soon as they arrive, and I'm informed well in advance when books I might be interested in are on their way.

However, failing any alternatives, Waterstones are very good for books in general. What they have on the shelves is merely what they believe they can sell frequently and through passing trade - no point in wasting shelf space on things that they can't guarantee they'll shift, afterall, which makes niche products like RPG books an uncertain thing. However, as my Dad's experience getting obscure military history books can attest, they can and will order in absolutely any book still in print upon request, and they do so promptly and effectively. In the absence of a proper gaming store, I'd not hesitate to recommend their book ordering service.
Contributing Writer for many Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay books, including Black Crusade

Professional Games Designer.

Gnaeus Conlitor

Inquisitor got me in to roleplaying which in turn kick started my writing career. I am eternally grateful.

Ferran

I use book depository all the time, as well as amazon ofc.

enigma

i got mine at gamesday if that helps ( and it rocked )

Flinty

I've never been keen on Amazon for books - plus my partner runs a second-hand bookshop, so they are considered the spawn of the devil in her industry. Any bookshop can order it for you (especially your local friendly independant one!) and you should be able to find one within walking distance of your home. Most orders take between one and two weeks to be delivered. Remember, patience is a virtue....

Alternatively, you could try Abe Books, which do new and second-hand, here:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?bt.x=40&bt.y=12&tn=dark+heresy+inquisitors+handbook

Edit: Sorry, just realised I sort of necro'ed this one. But Abe is a useful site, honest.
Neanderthal and Proud!