Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rourke's minis (pic Heavy)

Started by rourke, November 22, 2009, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

I'm in love with Ryle's flamer.

I remember your models from the last Conclave and it's great to see them again. Great use of Ork bits all around.  How big are the Dren and Dealer models though?  If I'm placing them correctly they both look to be LotR pieces.  And could we get a back shot of that hulking Mutant?  What model is he based on, I want to say it's from ogre kingdoms but I could easily be wrong.

rourke

thanks again for the compliments guys:)
@thenephew: the csm face is artemis' head filled down and a GS mask and horns sculpted on.
@Alyster wick: i use Ryles weapon as an imperial weaker version of a xenarch death-arc, i imagine it works something like the gun used in the ship in the first matrix.
yea, the dealer and the dren are wormtounge and a ringwraith, theyre 54mm and work well with the inq range. they came with a magazine collection a few years back
the mutant is an ogre model from Heresy Miniatures, hes a bit shorter than most people but he is crouched over. his dreadlocks are GS.

ill try and get some better pictures when im at home this weekend

rourke

after some camera issues and exams ive finally been able to take some more pictures

here is a better picture of my csm's face mask:

and a picture of the mutants back, i added the chain, gun and the hair.

also got a pic of a fire deamon, used to represent simpler, cruder deamons.

ive also got a few pictures of some of the terrain ive made for inq, its mostly underhive themed.
ill get some "action" shots tomorrow

ive also got a small stone circle for rituals:

thanks

Simeon Blackstar

Nice Azeroth conversion - can we see a bit more of that?  Great scenery too.

kierkegaard

Your scenery looks fantastic.

What bits/kits are the cultist models made out of? They look great.

rourke

thanks for the compliments about the scenery, i built most of it last summer, out of just about anything i could find lol. broken electronics are great!

forgot to add these pics of the cultists, theyre made out of the "gladiator" russian kit, same manufacturer as the "insurgents" with GS cowls and robes, some have skaven hands and weapons.
they got a pretty quick paintjob cos i needed them for a game

thanks

Myriad

Very nice.  Really nailed that poorly equipped nutter vibe.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

Ah amazing! That had never occurred to me to use those russian models in that way. Good job, they look ace. I've got a feeling we'll start to see more and more of those models creeping onto the forum now...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

kierkegaard

Quote from: rourke on June 01, 2010, 07:21:58 PM
they got a pretty quick paintjob cos i needed them for a game

Well, you could say that they were a little bit rough and ready, but damn, are they ever imaginative and characterful. Great job there.