Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Shot From The Cliff - An Inquisitor Scenario

Started by DapperAnarchist, November 22, 2009, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

The Shot from the Cliff – An Inquisitor Scenario

In 467.M38, the world of Isoth VII was invaded by Waaagh! Nazbak. Once Ork control was established, preparations began to attack the sub-sector capital, Caradus, began. The renowned Ork expert, Inquisitor Perek, heard rumours of this from smuggler bands, and decided to investigate. On his arrival, he found the Orks preparing a fleet of lander craft. Perek soon aquired the services of a former Imperial Guard sniper, Jan "Groxtooth" Radche, intending to assassinate Nazbak and create a civil war between his leuitenants. They quickly established that Nazbak was only really vulnerable on visits to the construction yards, which were in a valley surrounded by high cliffs. Having established a small base, Radche lay in wait for Nazbak's arrival.

However, Perek was not the only one with interests in Waaagh! Nazbak. Inquisitor Gauro was also present on Isoth VII, with the intent of encouraging Waaagh! Nazbak's attack on Caradus, to force the sub-sector Governor to carry out a crusade against the Orks. Having discovered Perek's plans, Gauro decided to intervene and prevent Nazbak's assassination. Perek and Radche were positioned in a group of ruins on the eastern cliff edge overlooking the construction yards, while Gauro managed to infiltrate himself behind them. The survival and safety of Caradus depended on this battle.

In this scenario, the defenders (red dots) has to set up against a cliff edge (jagged lines), and nominate one character as a sniper. The sniper, of course, should really be a character able to act as one – armed with a basic weapon, that isn't a flamer. The sniper must be in place at the right time to carry out his mission. For this, he must be within 6 yards of the edge, and have line of sight to it. The turn in which he is able to complete the mission should be randomly generated, or secretly chosen by the GM. The Attackers (red dots) set up at the other end of the table. If the Sniper on the defending team is in position when the target is visible, then the defenders win. If the sniper is not in position, due to fighting the attackers, having been forced away for some reason, being out of action, etc, then the attackers win.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

Is this a game you've played?  If so how did it go?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Cade

You've said that the red dots represent the attackers and the defenders, but other than that it looks interesting. I suggest that the designated sniper be issued an anti material sniping rifle for the scenario as if any basic weapon can act as the assassination weapon then why can't one of the other members with rifles take a shot if the sniper can't? Also Marco's anti material rifle rules won't see much use I'd imagine so it would be good to use them if the scenario is even slightly appropriate, and this one seems very much so.

My other thought would be that an easy option for the non-sniping team would be to fire off the cliff themselves, forewarning the target of the danger, but if the shot is far enough to justify a .50 cal sniper then this would be much less viable.
*Insert token witticism*

DapperAnarchist

it isn't something I played, just something I thought up... though I am planning to arrange a "pick up and play" game with UCD GameSoc at some point, so perhaps this

Did I say red for both? Woops... Attackers are green.

Yeah, an anti-material weapon would make sense, I guess... And it shouldn't affect the game too much, as he as to watch out anyway.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!