Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Im back and already lost

Started by Sneak, November 22, 2009, 05:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sneak

I havent played in a while and am now looking to build up a new Inq squad, or at least start with a new character, but I cant find how to buy individual parts on the GW store website... save me some time and headache please and tell me where Im going wrong, the quicker I buy my model the quicker I can get to work on it, the happier I will be. And making me happy should be YOUR priority :D

Thankyou all

P.S. Just noticed the thread for different people who make 54mm models, v. useful but i still cant find individual parts for 54mm GW models, only complete models... and no way can I spend £17 on each part :p

greenstuff_gav

unfortunately GW have stopped selling individual parts for all their ranges.
Some Conversion Packs Exist but sadly only the Chaos Henchman one exists specifically for Inquisitor.
At the Grand Tournament last year, Jervis went into detail about how the bits service was difficult for GW; if someone wanted a specific helmet, as an example, they had to cast the whole miniature that many times.

the Arcadian Smugglers Ring is a good starting place for specific parts, and Bits And Kits has some useful things.

while i'm here, anyone else seen The Aquila Set?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Cade

I'd suggest buying a couple, maybe three, models that are reasonably interchangable (my advice would be the bounty hunter and the judge as they come with a nice helping of spare parts and paraphinalia then perhaps Slick devlan or covenant) and mix and match a bit (greenstuff comes in handy). If you feel that you want somethig specific for one of the models then post in this topic asking for advice about the best way to acheive it (much like the grenade launcher threat that is going on). I find that people are more likely to trade generously if they know the project the part is going towards, or maybe I'm the only one suckered by that. Give a list of the parts you end up with spare and any parts you particularly want on the Arcadian Smugglers ring too.
*Insert token witticism*

Sneak

Thanks a lot, I have a load of bits still from my old collection, along with a fair few old models and work in progresses that never quite got finished, I guess I can work my way through all that.

When I work out what characters I want to make I will work out the parts. I sort of understand why they cant make all the parts but its a shame, so many of my old conversions, warhammer, 40k & inquisitor have come from seeing a quality bit and trying to work out how I can use it.

Thanks for the feedback... Im gonna trawl through my bookshelves, these forums and anywhere else I can think of for inspiration for a new character or two, then I can work out what I want it to look like.

*cry* just realised I cant even look at the parts that make up the models to work out what I will need to buy *boohoo*

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Sneak on November 22, 2009, 09:44:25 PM
*cry* just realised I cant even look at the parts that make up the models to work out what I will need to buy *boohoo*

actually, Yes You Can :D
and unfortunatly, you can see what minis are no longer available  :'(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Sneak