Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Argentuss Retrospective (pic heavey)

Started by Argentuss, November 23, 2009, 07:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argentuss

Was a member of the old conclave, and just managed to find time to get back on to the new one. So, following the trend, here's my retro. SOrry for the poor quality of the pics, some of them are rather old, and i havent had a chance to get any new ones.

Dark Apostle

First up, my Dark Apostle. This was done as a display piece, and shortly after finishing it, it was sold to a good friend of mine, so is no longer in my possession, but it is my favourite piece i've done so far.  Sadly, i dont have any pictures of the fully finished piece, but hopefully i should get some soon.

Slaanesh Warband
Argentuss Thurmong

My name sake, and my most played warband. He has had various different incarnations over the years, and has several different models to represent him over the time,

Leena

Another member of Argentuss warband,  she has been with him from the start, and has suprisingly ungone very little change.

Loki

The deamonhost who was also a founding member of Argentuss' warband, has undergone several changes, and has been a defining member of the warband over the years.

Kelban

The last founding member of the warband, again, has undergone very little change. Both him and Leena tend to just be the typical henchmen characters.

Techmarine
This was done as yet another display piece, and has also since completion been sold to a friend of mine. He was a challenge to do, but could have been done better.

Guard Squad

Just a typical guard squad, that i made to act as grunts/npc's when needed.

Witchfinder Vaale

This was the start to an inquistorial warband i was working on.

So, this is all that i have pictures for at the moment, there is more, but i cant find where i put the pictures, or where my camerais, so for now, thats where i will leave it.

Hadriel Caine

you have a really nice collection there! I particularly like your namesake, he looks really original and very slaaneshi. nice colour palette on him as well. the tech marine is another personal favourite.

whats next? :P

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Adlan

I like.

Got any close ups of the guardsmen? They look interesting.

Argentuss

I should have some close ups on the guards men, i'll have to have a dig around and see if i can find them.

Whats next... Well some of you may remember my insane plan i had, just before the old conclave closed. I was going to attempt to reproduce the four chosen of Abaddon. This is still a major project on my list, and will be attempted once i finish the piece i was commisioned to do for a friend over here.

The current Project is a mk1 Terminator, origins is uncertain at the moment. So i am just working on the blank green currently. Once i get teh base green finished, i'll get some pictures up, so everyone can see that. Its a mess atm, as its greenstuff, plasticard, and random bits atm.

Argentuss

Here's what I could find of the guardsmen, they arent the best yet again as theya re rather old now.

Serg

Medic

Shotgun guy

Grunt

Tyrant

I like the bandage on your sergent, nice touch, something I didnt think about adding.
AKA SquareWave

Adlan

Very nice characterful guardsmen, I like, especially the bayonet.

Perfect for running from a big gribbly, or sentry duty for an inquisitor to sneak by.

Kaled

I too really like the guardmen - they look great as a squad.  And an impressive amount of work must have gone into those marines.  I also really like the compination of Covenant's torso and the Navigator's legs - they work well together.

Quote from: Argentuss on November 23, 2009, 05:41:38 PM
The current Project is a mk1 Terminator
What do you call a Mk1 Terminator?  Do you mean like one of the ones at the bottom of this page?  Or some other design?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

kierkegaard

Great collection Argentuss. I really like the Techmarine, but the Dark Apostle is just fantastic (the other stuff is good too, but those are the stand outs for me.)

Quote from: Kaled on November 24, 2009, 06:35:08 PMWhat do you call a Mk1 Terminator?  Do you mean like one of the ones at the bottom of this page? 

The nostalgia... the horror (awful models... just awful.)

Argentuss

Thanks for the comments.

By Mk1 Terminator armour I mean something like this

First good picture google came up with, not my work.

Based off the terminators from the horus heresy artwork. The horizontal shoiulder pads with the leather strapping, the extended gorget. Basicly, the more archaic and gothic looking armour.

Once i get the other leg finished i'm gonna be opening a thread for it.