Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eolith 54mm Dracula

Started by steveb, August 03, 2009, 11:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveb

Hi guys

Good to have you back, I was worried there for a second.

Anyhoo, thought you might like to see my latest 54mm creation. After last month's Frankenstein Monster I thought I'd tackle my idea of Dracula. And here he is...

He's 58mm to the top of his head and a single piece casting with a separate base. The head would probably remove very easily as he has a defined collar and resin cuts pretty easy.

He's £18 but I have an offer on to buy both Drac and Frankie for £32 should you so wish.

www.eolithminiatures.com

RobSkib

Brilliant work as usual Steve. I think I'm going to have to get me one of these bad boys as well. A cigar chomped between his teeth, an Imperial Aquila on his chest and a stubber or some kind of power sword in his left hand, and he's the Lord Noble that I've been looking for!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

You've done Frankenstein's monster and Dracula - so are there more famous monsters to come Steve?  The Mummy?  The Wolf Man?  A Steve Buddle version of the Hunchback of Notre Dame or, better yet, the Phantom of the Opera could be very cool...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

steveb

Well, I'm not sure yet. There are a lot of figures I'd like to do. A Wolfman, Bride of Frankenstein, Van Helsing etc...

The big thing is how well Frankie and Drac sell. The next figure sculpted will be a female Vampire Hunter which is a nice crossover between regular fantasy and the gothic horror range. By the time that's out I'll know better if the horror stuff is going to sell or not.

Steve B

1337inquisitor

A very nicely done model. A sword in the opening between the leg and the cloak though would have been very nice but that's just me though.
No honey, the true moral of the story is never put down your weapon.

Homer Simpson

Gideon Sterne

I think this is a brilliant base for conversions, and even as a standalone model has a certain look to it which appeals to me.

steveb

The sword idea is certainly something I thought about. In the end I felt that Dracula wouldn't be wandering around with a sword but it wouldn't be too much problem to add one. Besides, the fact that the area is blank gives space for a gun holster if you are so enclined.

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: steveb on August 03, 2009, 06:28:22 PMThe next figure sculpted will be a female Vampire Hunter which is a nice crossover between regular fantasy and the gothic horror range.

I for one will buy this. hmm... new warband time. I don't think I've ever done Ordo Hereticus, or non radicals for that matter!

Drac looks amazing. I particularly like the head which is incredibly characterful, full of smug malice. Dracula and Frankenstein were my two novels for my coursework at Alevel English Literature, I think you've done a great job on them!

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: steveb on August 03, 2009, 06:28:22 PMThe next figure sculpted will be a female Vampire Hunter which is a nice crossover between regular fantasy and the gothic horror range.
I'm looking forward to seeing that.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ancelyn

Please, please, please create some zombies in 54mm :-*. Ideally with lots of options, but perhaps that is a tad unrealistic. Even one zombie would be groovy 8).
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

steveb

I'd like to do a zombie if the Gothic Horror stuff does well. Will be watching sales of Drac and Frankie closely.

RobSkib

Well I for one will be putting in a Dracula order tomorrow, and for what it's worth, a 54mm zombie (with several options?) would be top of my 'want' list :D
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Aidan

Right, yeah, I think I'll buy this. Brilliant work, as usual, and very adaptable for Inquisitor.

-EDIT- I've put in an order for this guy and a few more; Anyone have any idea how long it would take to ship to New Zealand?

-Aidan.

steveb

Well, it'll ship today and I'd expect you to have it around the end of next week. Possibly a little into the week after depending on how the mail services are feeling...

Ancelyn

We have a few postal strikes occuring in the UK at the moment. Most of the fine employees (:-X) of Royal Mail are working as normal, but...well, it is Royal Mail, so there could be some delays.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake