Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Online game of Inquisitor

Started by Inquisitor Cade, November 24, 2009, 02:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvil

I'm aware of the differences between the two, I was just throwing out only half-considered ideas there again (that's why I chose damonbane, just to represent it with mechanics if not fluff).

For gun, I'll go for an autopistol for if things get tight, and as for the other thing, I'll make a snap decision now.

He is indeed Malleus, and his weapon is a daemonhammer of the Ordo Malleus (represented by a force hammer or something?).

He is still disfigured, but by some canonically less dubious event which he doesn't speak of.
On MSN? Add me! Let's face it; if you don't I'll just add you.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dvil on November 30, 2009, 09:34:35 PMI hadn't expected complaints that it's against canon, as the idea for it was lifted from a passage near the front of the Daemonhunters 40k codex.
Well, I may be mistaken, but the rule as I understood it was that daemonic possession destroyed the mind and soul of the possessed.

Knowing the passage in the start of the DH Codex, it is told by the former "possessed". Consider that if one is in the process of being possessed, I think they would care little about the specific completeness of such possession. (Also, even if they did care, they would be in no state to be accurate).

I personally read the passage as either an aversion of a possession or only partial possession (although I prefer the former concept) - if he were completely possessed (even if his mind were intact), he wouldn't be able to muster the control of his body to perform the "exorcism" as he describes.

In answer to your question, there are a great many ways to have a scarred, deranged Inquisitor.

If you want a similar answer perhaps his pride and arrogance lead him to get too close to a daemon he thought defeated, and is dealt a blow that delivers a daemonic venom (that he fights as best he can - perhaps its effect is eventually halted with the aid of one of the Ecclesiarchy (potential option for a henchman here)), or perhaps something along the lines of Quixos getting a shard of daemon claw stuck in his heart.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Cade

Is it okay if I upgrade the autopistol to a compact auto gun? It is easier fromm the modelling side of things.

I'm giving him a force hammer as I don't thing I could do a model od a deamon hammer justice, plus they are ledgendary and very powerful.
You said that this was early in his career, so maybe this was before he could achieve an upgrade.

Hey Marco Skoll (can I call you Marco?), are you up for joining in and giving a game a go. I know it has the potential to be a complete flop, but I feel it could work really well if a few people give it a chance.
*Insert token witticism*

Dvil

Cade, that's fine, both with the autogun and the force hammer.

Marco, I like the idea of the strange daemon venom. I'd forgotten Quixos (despite remembering the much more insignificant Verveuk), but that's a good idea. I also like the potential inspiration for a henchman idea. I'll probably leave the henchman a day or two, so I can get it all straight in my head and not have all the farcical stuff that happened with the Bastian.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 01, 2009, 03:44:09 PMCan I call you Marco?
Most do.

QuoteAre you up for joining in and giving a game a go. I know it has the potential to be a complete flop, but I feel it could work really well if a few people give it a chance.
Maybe. I'd need to think about characters though, because I wouldn't really want to use existing personalities I've got around.

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Cade

Quotebecause I wouldn't really want to use existing personalities I've got around

I think that is for the best anyway, they don't have to be particular deep or original, this is really only a trial game. I could provide them if you want.
*Insert token witticism*

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 01, 2009, 08:06:17 PMI think that is for the best anyway, they don't have to be particular deep or original, this is really only a trial game.
No, I'm not thinking of this like I'd be writing a regular character (which can easily be tens of thousands of words).

I guess I could go in a different direction to normal. I have a habit of doing moderate puritans - Inquisitors who are mostly by the book, but who aren't completely hard-line (They'll use psykers and mutants, and "Kill it with fire" isn't their primary attitude to any problem).

So, perhaps a radical (although a strict monodominant is possible, I don't find them very interesting)... possibly only an acolyte.
Equally, maybe a non-Inquisitorial warband would be an idea. Not done one of those in a while.

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Cade

Any of those, save the monodominant, wold be perfect as the other side is particularly puritan.

I've all but finished the model who'll represent Omoyes, Let me colour in his eyes and I'll get a photo up.
*Insert token witticism*

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 02, 2009, 03:41:03 PMAny of those, save the monodominant, wold be perfect as the other side is particularly puritan.
While I wasn't planning on a Monodominant, I don't see why it couldn't work if the MD was sufficiently strict.
We are of course supposed to be talking about another character who has been "visibly corrupted by the foul touch of Chaos".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Cade

Here is the model.

And without flash

I made him ginger because I have no ginger characters yet.

The scarring is there though it is more as is someone had a go at his face witha craft knife than (which is the case) than a daemonic possession thing, and they don't really show up on the photo's. Did you decided to go with a deamon messed up his face in a more convensionaly way in the end? You decided against the self exorcism right?

QuoteI don't see why it couldn't work if the MD was sufficiently strict.

There will of course alway be reasons for inquisitors to start killing each other, I meant the others would be preferable for the diversity that it would bring to the game, rather than for justification of the fighting reasons.
*Insert token witticism*

Inquisitor Cade

So where are you guy at concerning this?
*Insert token witticism*

MarcoSkoll

I apologise, I'm somewhat on the busy side, and probably can't really take the time out for participation in this for a little while.

I'll try and get back to you ASAP, but with my current schedule, that'll likely be sometime next weekend.

GW's =I= articles

Dvil

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 02, 2009, 06:06:27 PM
Did you decided to go with a deamon messed up his face in a more convensionaly way in the end? You decided against the self exorcism right?

Yeah, that's right. Do you still need a henchman character from me? Because I'm nearly there with it.

Inquisitor Cade

*Insert token witticism*

madwargamer

I would be interested in joining this game of inquisitor if you are still taking in players.
If so we should inspire our characters on those from the pictures correct? I know there is no true set value for balance in inquisitor but should we use a certain amount of points from the ready reckoner?