Author Topic: Salute - 18th April 2020, ExCeL London  (Read 387 times)

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Time for some thrilling heroics.
Salute - 18th April 2020, ExCeL London
« on: June 02, 2019, 12:03:31 PM »
Once again, I'm proposing putting on a showcase Inquisitor game at Salute (as I have been for a few years now), and submissions have today opened up for Salute 2020.

Any such game wouldn't be one of our standard open events, but an opportunity for dedicated veterans to show off our hobby to several thousand gamers from around the world (plus many more following online)

It's entirely free to run a game (unless we need mains power), we can request as much table space as we need (tables are 6' by 2'6") and we get four free passes for the job (further passes are 10 each)

As before, I'm assuming we'd probably run a morning game and an afternoon game (as I don't think it would be a good idea to stretch one game out over the entire day; I think we want to keep it playing briskly), with a hefty break for people to do some exploring, and that I will be GMing for at least one of those games, but those arrangements could be mixed around heavily. (I might be a player or I might not be involved at all, if we as a community think there's someone better for the job).

I think it's something we could make a good showing of (we have a habit of drawing attention at our other events), and I have an ever-growing collection of portable Inquisitor terrain, so I still think we should be taking a stab at it.

I'm looking at this being a 54mm game (for a display game, scratch-built 54mm vehicles are going to stand out more), but I would like to have some 28mm figures on display as part of the overall package.

I know it's problematic for people to commit this early on (and space fills up fairly fast), so this time I'm proposing that if there's enough interest we put in a submission and withdraw later on if it should become clear people won't be available.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Offline TheNephew

• Inquisitor Lord
Re: Salute - 18th April 2020, ExCeL London
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:18:45 PM »
As in previous years, I'm up for it.

Offline TheNephew

• Inquisitor Lord
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:01 PM »
Double-posting, and perhaps not perfectly on topic:

Listening to the Dragged Into Turbolasers podcast, there was a discussion about getting Inq28 convention games, invitationals and display games arranged.
The UK scene (or lack thereof) and Salute specifically was mentioned, briefly.

Would it be fruitful/desirable to reach out to them, or that cabal of Inq28 personalities, if there is going to be a table for Salute 2020?

Pros:
More word of mouth.

Cons:
I know it is planned to be a 54mm event, and that wee cult deals in smaller toys.
I don't know if anyone could/would want to devote time to talking/writing about it with them - I'm pretty sure I couldn't.

Offline Heroka Vendile

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Lord Procrastinator-General
    • Design Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:41 AM »
If we're confirmed for this, I can probably make it. It will depend on the final date chosen for the spring concert I'm involved in.
As Salute is a 1-day event, that increases the odds for me.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »
We're not yet confirmed, but I think we've got enough interest that we can probably take a stab at an application and hope we can drag the numbers together if people drop out later.

GW's =I= articles

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 12:49:42 PM »
Can people please recheck their calendars and get back to me on this? I've left the registration as late as I think is reasonably safe, and would like to get it in fairly soon.

GW's =I= articles

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 12:55:01 PM »
I've had enough volunteers that I've put in an application. It's by no means guaranteed, but here's hoping.

I'd still welcome other offers of help and ask people to keep checking their calendars - the more possible volunteers we have, the better proofed we are against drop-outs and it wouldn't hurt to have more people to handle things on the day.

GW's =I= articles