Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kaled's Retrospective

Started by Kaled, August 03, 2009, 06:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancelyn

Wonderful ;D Quite simply the most varied and extensive collection of miniatures on the 'Clave. Each character is well designed, created and painted. Awesometastic 8). It would be churlish to even attempt to pick a favourite. Or even a few favourites. Top notch.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Tullio

Do you mind if I have a go at the female daemonhost myself? I've always liked that conversion, out of all your models

Tullio

Ynek

Impressive as always, Kaled!
It's actually quite amazing just how extensive your collection is, and the quality of the workmanship is consistently high.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Molotov

Kaled;

Your models are fantastic, and really stand out. They highlight the greatest parts of the hobby whilst remaining strong and characterful. They're really very evocative of the 40k universe, too.

Looking through your models is really a joy. There are so many fantastic models and some really clever conversions (given the general "cut-and-paste" style of most Inquisitor conversions due the limited range) that help bring your characters to life.

It's also very nice to see your INQ28 models, too! Thanks again for featuring them on the blog.

I do have a question, though - the Belladonna Crowe model; where's she from? I'm an Escher player myself and I think the model's fantastic.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Kaled

Quote from: Molotov on August 09, 2009, 07:22:25 PM
I do have a question, though - the Belladonna Crowe model; where's she from?
She's an unconverted miniature from Reaper.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

Ah, thanks! I thought your colour scheme was particularly striking, and I'm considering using a variant of it for my next Escher gang. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Darios

simply stunning. not much more to say... a great collection and superb painting and conversion style... i bow before such mastery of the arts!

Exokan

Man Kaled, I've seen your guys here and there but never in such a great all encompassing post. Very, very, impressive. Love the admech, and the great colorful details you have sprinkled throughout all your minis.

mcjomar

Now I know where my inspiration for Raldana's model(s) came from!

Okay okay, so there was some slight ripping, and tearing ::)
But it's a beautiful model, so I hope you can take the flattery of me using that for my own char.

As for the rest, They're all brilliant too.
Any chance you may have put together some painting hints/tips guides as I'd love to try and reach the same standard of painting.

Kaled

Quote from: mcjomar on August 18, 2009, 05:28:07 PM
Any chance you may have put together some painting hints/tips guides as I'd love to try and reach the same standard of painting.
Maybe - what do you want to know?  You should make a wet pallete if you haven't already (Van Helser already posted how to do that) - but it is the single thing that improved my painting the most as it makes it a lot easier to blend colours to get smooth shading and highlighting.  I tend to use a lot of layers of rather thin paint - it takes a while, but the effect is worth it.  I know a lot of people don't like blacklining at 54mm but I find it useful for really defining things and making them stand out (however, I generally use dark brown ink as the effect is less harsh).  I can probably tell you more about how I go about things - maybe you could point out a few bits of my models where you want to know how I achieved a particular effect?

Dosdamt

I honestly think if you added some free hand to the self scuplt mini with the gun and the shock maul, it would make the sculpting seem less of a priority to the viewer and draw the eyes to the freehand on the dress, emphasizing the paint job instead.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Kaled

Maybe, but I've never been able to work up any enthusiasm to rework her - maybe I will at some point in the future.

To be honest though, I'm more likely to scrap her and use the bits for something new... or perhaps I'll try to trade her in for the bits to build a replacement character...

Acolyte Havlan Tome

If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

Kaled

Thanks, glad you like them. :)

But in future it's worth bearing in mind that resurrecting old threads is frowned upon unless you have something meaningful to add.  You can always PM people if you want to simply compliment people or ask a question about an old thread.

Jamas Orian

I've no qualms about this thread necromancy, because it is so rich in ideas!

Also, all of the models are awesome, no other words for it!