Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Modelling since the retropective

Started by Inquisitor Cade, December 02, 2009, 06:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cade

Mysterious Inquisitor.

Inquisitor Lord Umbrae.

John Woo gunslinger type

Scribe/cultist goon

Worker/cultist goon

Acolyte

Techno Ninja

Delamore, cultist
*Insert token witticism*

Sneak

The first model is awesome, Im blatantly gonna use that eldar model for something now... to be honest Id forgotten he existed. whats the head? or is it just a lot of work and a blob of green stuff?

gunslingers pretty cool too. the worker guy has some MAZZIVE biceps, jesus does he work or just work out? I wouldnt want to be hit by his meat tenderizer.

Robert_the_damned

Love the mysterious Inquisitor, not seen to many conversions of the eldar model that I've liked but that one looks really cool.

The guns on the 'John Woo' style figure are nice, heavily modified boltguns with some lasgun bits if I'm not mistaken? An idea I'm sure will be pinched soon ;)

Nice work allround.

rourke

nice models :)
any chance of some more pics of the gunslingers guns?
i like the acolyte, the bounty hunters torso works really well with covenants legs

Inquisitor Cade

Some of these were up as WIP's in my retropective, here.
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=159.0
and it includes a better picture of the autopistols which yes, are basically bolters cut up into a tousand peices and put back together (the magazines for example are bolter mags with the middle cutnout to make them smaller. And yeah, a lasgun barrel for good measure.

I can't take much creadit for the mysterious Inquisitor. He had that body and arms combo when I ebayed him, I just did the hands, tydied up the greenstuff equivalent work and repainted. The head is the hooded eldar one with a sculpted hat I believe. I may flatten off the top, but though it looks a bit funny the pose as a whole is great, which is what spared him from the parts harvesting that I had in mind.

Thanks for the comments.
*Insert token witticism*

greenstuff_gav

nice to see tyrus' shoulderpads in use (i had loads  in my bits box for a while!) :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

The first model is, indeed, mysterious.  The combination of a hood and a hat strikes me as overkill, however... ;)

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on December 03, 2009, 02:26:14 PMThe combination of a hood and a hat strikes me as overkill, however...
Indeed. I half expect his name to be Mr E. S. N. Cognito. ;D
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

The mysterious guy is indeed very cool.  Although I think it would be worth extending his scabbard so it's visible and not completely hidden under his coat.

I wonder, has anyone used the bounty hunter's autogun without cutting off the barrel...?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteAlthough I think it would be worth extending his scabbard so it's visible and not completely hidden under his coat.

I don't think that is necessary, why can't the coat cover the scabbard. Also it seems tricky to do.

QuoteI wonder, has anyone used the bounty hunter's autogun without cutting off the barrel...?
I know I decided it would look better without it the first time I saw the model.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 03, 2009, 11:03:43 PM
I don't think that is necessary, why can't the coat cover the scabbard. Also it seems tricky to do.
It's hardly that tricky, certainly not beyond your abilities.  The ranger's coat is sculpted as if curving around the end of the scabbard, which is either held in his left hand, or if you use the booster pack bits, is a seperate part.  I'm not saying it's necessary but I do think it'd look better than his coat curving around something that isn't there.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Cade

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. You're right it would be worth doing.
*Insert token witticism*

Tyrant

Quote from: precinctomega on December 03, 2009, 02:26:14 PM
The combination of a hood and a hat strikes me as overkill, however... ;)

R.

Have you seen 'children' these days?  With the cap/hood combo?
AKA SquareWave