Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New To The Conclave & Inquisitor

Started by abhorsen950, December 06, 2009, 09:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Quote from: abhorsen950 on December 09, 2009, 06:49:57 PM
i just dont do metal models
Metal is easy enough - I guess it might seem like a big step if you're not used to it, but the GW models are multi-part so you can get away with doing very little actual conversion work if you want.  Unfortunately doing Inquisitor in plastic is difficult.  Ogre Bulls can be converted into Inquisitor characters, but their proportions are those of ogres, not of Squats.  Sure you could use them as mutants or some other abhumans, but to get them to work as human (or even Squat) characters you'd really need to do a fair amount of conversion work - their heads are very ogre-ish, their arms are hugely muscled and their hands are too big.  I'm not saying it can't be done - but it's not really an easy option.

What about resin?  There are a few companies that have good ranges of 54mm resin models - Eolith for instance.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

abhorsen950

Oright fair play i was thinking about it before and i thourght they were a bit small but i thourght it would be better to ask someone who knows more

Cheers

Steve

Vladimir

Quotei just dont do metal models

Um? Whyever not? In my experiance, metal models tend to be much higher quality and much more detailled than plastic. Sure, plastic's easier to cut if your converting, but if you get yourself a decent hacksaw and greenstuff over the messier joins, you'll be fine.
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: abhorsen950 on December 09, 2009, 06:39:45 PMWould you be able to use Tamiya 1/35 kits?
Yes and no.

An odd 1/35 model will work in a warband - take these two models I'm currently sculpting. (The top of the pins is not the top of the head BTW)
At Inquisitor scale (which I take to be roughly 1/30), Frost on the left is a hair over five feet tall, and my self portrait on the right six foot two. Both are perfectly reasonable sizes for people to be.

Frost is about the same size as a typical 1/35 model, and myself about a 1/28 model. So if you're dealing with a short character, 1/35 is perfectly reasonable.

Several characters could be a little odd. But if you want to argue they're all from a planet where the genetic norm is for males to be around five feet tall (rather than about 5' 9"), then that's a reasonable explanation - after all, men in the Netherlands average 6', but in Indonesia, only 5' 2".

Quote from: Vladimir on December 09, 2009, 11:27:11 PMSure, plastic's easier to cut if you're converting...
Actually, at times, metal is preferable because it's got a bit more toughness in it than plastic, so while it takes a hacksaw to cut through metal, if doing fine filing, metal is probably better.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

abhorsen950

Kaled ive been looking into Eolith for a while now and ive got a few ideas so im going to get a model or two from there.
Also Macro cheers for that ill use some tamiya kits too.

And ill probably buy a GW INQ model and just kit bash him a bit.

Ill use the ogres as chaos mutants or something.

Thanks guys

Steve

abhorsen950

Oh also guys
Im thinking of using http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300115&prodId=99110110020

But i dont know what to do for his head :(

Thanks for the help guys

Steve

Kaled

precinctomega

Please don't use that model.  It's a horrible, horrible sculpt and a complete pain in the posterior to manoeuvre on any tabletop that isn't an open plain.

R.

abhorsen950

Well guys ive changed direction with the models
Taking your advice for just going for the INQ Models to make it easier im going to get the assassins where you get the two in a box.

Cheers guys

Steve

Kaled

One good thing with the assassin twins is that they're very slender so you'll find that a lot of 28mm parts work perfectly on them.  The only downside is that they're rather difficult to repose in comparison with most of the range.  But don't let that put you off - they're nice models.

abhorsen950

Thanks for that Kaled though the main reason for me buying those models is you get two for £18 so i can have a game straight away with someone.

Also can someone give me a bit of an insight into what inquisitor is about?

Cheers guys

Steve

Kaled

Quote from: abhorsen950 on December 11, 2009, 08:04:16 PM
Also can someone give me a bit of an insight into what inquisitor is about?
Try this article as a start, read the rulebook, and get a copy of Eisenhorn - that should give you a good starting point;
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=465

abhorsen950

Thanks Kaled and to all the other guys yovue been a great help.
Ive also read a few issues of Dark Magenta, Is that worth looking at?

Cheers
Steve

Kaled

Yep, read anything you can get your hands on - even better if it's free like DM.

What specifically do you want pointers on? Rules? Background?

abhorsen950

Just a general over veiw of the game really (sorry this doesnt help much) Anything you think a newbie needs to know. That article was brilliant thanks Kaled

Steve