Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

40k Trygon Coming Soon - An =][= Ravener?

Started by Van Helser, December 07, 2009, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Available for advance order from GW today is the new plastic Trygon.  I'm guessing this beastie will be taller than the current Hive Tyrant, so I think it could work well as an Inquisitor scale Ravener, or if you took the legs from something like a Hive Tyrant or Carnifex, a pretty damn monstrous Tyranid Warrior.  For £30 it's not too pricey either.

Got to have potential for making a Lictor out of it as well, come to think of it...

Kaled

Oooh that is cool - I liked the Forge World one and think it could work in the game as it is.

On the subject of Forge World - they have a rather formidable looking Lord of Change on their release schedule;
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/loc.htm
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Tullio

Is't possible. PLASTIC Gargoyles after all this time?

Well, a Trygon looks about the same proportions as a Ravener, at least. I can see a 54mm conversion working better like that than, say, a Carnifex or similar beasty jury-rigged for 54mm

Tullio

Myriad

At taller than a hive tyrant it's going to be quite big even for a ravener, not that this constitutes a problem - raveners do generally have a pair of arms rather than 3 sets of stabbing things, which again can be put down to normal variance in the tyranid genome.

It might be the photography but the model itself doesn't really work for me - the arms look rather short and awkwardly jointed.

I think it would probably look better as a monstrous tyranid warrior in fact, since I think part of the problem is the snake half doesn't gel with the rest of the model.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

abhorsen950

Ide also have a look at the Venomthorpe coming in at £12 thats good going
theres a couple of others to in the Elites and HQ Sections.

Would be great for some aliens! Can any body give me a link the creature generator for inquisitor?

Steve

Kaled

Quote from: abhorsen950 on December 09, 2009, 04:37:43 PM
Can any body give me a link the creature generator for inquisitor?
You mean this one?

There's a sticky thread with links to all of the old articles;
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34.0
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Holiad

As a personal opinion, the hive guard is my favourite among the new models by a significant margin, and while probably a little diminutive next to inquisitor models is obviously powerful, tough, and heavily armed for its size.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

greenstuff_gav

RAWR!

now, do i assemble 'im or fleabay for profit?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

I see your GW embargo lasted about as long as your virginity.

R.

greenstuff_gav

the embargo lasted longer :lol:
in my defence, i seen it in the local model shop and grabbed it for ebaying. but it is rather nice so am tempted with a 54mm Ravener  :-[
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Swarbie

Go for it! Do a ravener. You know you want to.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning