Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Heads for the Crime Lord

Started by Kaled, December 09, 2009, 06:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

As anyone who's seen the Crime Lord model will know, he has a big head - sufficiently big that all of the other head in my bits box look tiny when placed on his shoulders.  Perhaps Slick's head, or maybe Eisenhorn's, would work (I think they're probably two of the larger heads in the range), but I think they too might be a bit small and don't have either of them to try anyway.  I remember someone successfully used an Ogre Bull head, but they don't really fit the look I'm hoping for.

So, before I crack open the greenstuff and start sculpting a head that resembles a 'scarred thumb', does anyone have any other suggestions for a head that might work?  If not, I think this situation represents my chance to jump in at the deep end and start sculpting faces...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Ferran

Covenant has quite a large head.

Kaled

True - but it still looks a touch small on the Crime Lord's shoulders (hence why I think Slick and Eisenhorn's will also be too small).

kierkegaard

Tyrus's might work (it is bulked out significantly by all the bionic gubbins.) Same goes for Tezla's.

It all depends on what sort of look you are going for though.

Kaled

Quote from: kierkegaard on December 09, 2009, 07:08:32 PM
It all depends on what sort of look you are going for though.
I don't have a strong image yet - someone fairly noble looking, not too rough or brutish, with few bionics - maybe just an eye or ear, or perhaps some cables into his scalp.

Van Helser

Artemis?

If that's slightly too big, shaving the hair off will reduce it enough I would have thought.  Long time since I saw a Crime Lord in the flesh though.

kierkegaard

That is actually a really good idea Van. Artemis' head is comparable to an Ogre bull's if you chop the hair off.

Kaled

Hmmm, I do have an Artemis head in my bits box - maybe I'll have to go take a second look at it...

Macabre

I would advise Nork Deddogs head, its the perfect size, but might be too brutish for what you're looking for...
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Kaled

Yeah, an ogryn head doesn't quite have the look I want. I'm considering greenstuff casting one of the 54mm skulls and using that as a base to sculpt over - at least for my first effort to try to keep the proportions about right. Of course, that depends on the proportions of the skull being correct in the first place - if not I'll just sculpt the basic skull shape too.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on December 10, 2009, 01:46:44 PMI'm considering greenstuff casting one of the 54mm skulls and using that as a base to sculpt over - at least for my first effort to try to keep the proportions about right.
The method I've been working with is to simply use an ellipsoid blob as a base and simply breaking out the ruler when doing the basic shapes to make sure the eyes are half way up the head and the head is about 4 units long to 3 wide.

After that, the rest tends to fall into place around that. After the face is done and dry, you can fix the shape of the rest of the skull.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Apparently I don't have an Artemis head to try after all...

I've had another suggestion, but it looks like the time has come when I absolutely have to sculpt a face - I've had a couple of tries before, but each time ended up using one from my bits box.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on December 10, 2009, 05:53:30 PMApparently I don't have an Artemis head to try after all...
I've got one that I can't foresee much use for. It may need a smidgeon of cleaning up, but if you'd like it, I'll bring it along to the IGT. Or at least, I'll try to remember...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 11, 2009, 01:01:48 AM
I've got one that I can't foresee much use for. It may need a smidgeon of cleaning up, but if you'd like it, I'll bring it along to the IGT. Or at least, I'll try to remember...
That would be good, thanks.  And I'll try to remember to bring the Crime Lord head to compare.

precinctomega

Consider Cherubael's head.  It's not large, but you could easily make it jowlier to fit the collar.  And it has a good look for a crimeboss, with the horns removed.

R.