Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Replacement SM hand

Started by Mang, December 10, 2009, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mang

I am converting Artemis to hold his bolter properly (you know, two hands. None of this silly waving it around :p), and have hit a slight snag, in that I need a hand to hold the bolter. And I really don't fancy sculpting one!

Are there any open hands that would roughly fit with Artemis' left hand? It doesn't need to be armoured.

Thanks!

MarcoSkoll

I take it you're doing something like I did with Dante.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any hands in the Inquisitor range that will be large enough - and really, you do want something that has the armoured look. There might be some that can be found in other ranges... you might be able to do something with the right 40k scale powerfist, but personally, I'd recommend that you do break out the green stuff. If you're not trying to do it all in one stage, then it shouldn't prove too unassailable a sculpt. (Although, I admit that I am a little biased to the viability of sculpting parts.)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Mang

Pretty much exactly that :)

I've chopped up the right arm a bit more to get the shoulder pad to fit a touch better, as it would annoy me, but other than that...

It looks good though. and  like the paint-job.

It's just a pity wraith lords only have three fingers, cos they would be perfect!

Macabre

The eldar Avatar's left hand is the right size and works perfectly with the archaic left arm look (just be careful when it comes to removing it from the vambrace).
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Mang

Hmm... I shall have a look see if I can get hold of one. Not sure I can though!