Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament Results

Started by precinctomega, December 12, 2009, 09:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

GM  Play  Inquisition  P&M  TOTAL
Rob MacFarlane       31   32        0        5    68
David Knowles        33   33       10        9    85
David Fincher        30   30      4.5        5    69.5
Nicholas Carpenter   27   36       10        4    77
Adam Durrant         34   31       10        6    81
James Carpenter      25   25       10        4    64
Gavin Fry            30   29      5.5        7    71.5
Rob Skene            34   37      5.5        8    84.5

So by a matter of half a point, Dave "Kaled" Knowles retains his crown for one more year.

It was a very interesting day in the scoring, with some important lessons for GMing in particular: a lot of participants received high scores from two players and a low score from the third, suggesting that one player was left out of the action in a given scenario.

Rob Skene had the highest player score, but only played one game, so by a judge's decision the "Best Player" award was given to Nicholas Carpenter, who gained that accolade by a single-minded dedication to his objectives, rather than letting himself get side-tracked into a futile-if-fun firefight/slugfest.

The Inqusition this year was pleasingly tricky, but those who cracked it, cracked it all.

Finally, I bow out of organizing the GT with some relief, handing the baton to the acknowledged master of the tournament: David "Kaled" Knowles.

R.

Heroka Vendile

good to see you had a reasonable number, if not quite the turnout of last year  :(

Congrats to David for winning again.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Macabre

I'm just sorry that I wasn't there (no money). Although I am determined to knock mr Knowles off the top of the P&M section next year.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

MarcoSkoll

I shall take some satisfaction that I wasn't worst in any category. ::)

... oh yeah, and the fact I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Thank you all for a great day yesterday - winning for a second year in a row was unexpected, but I think everyone will agree that the highlight of the day is getting to meet other members of the 'Clave, seeing their characters in the flesh, and playing some great scenarios which had had a lot of thought put onto them. I was tired when the event came to a close and was exhausted by the time I got home, but I had a fantastic day and would like to thank Robey for organising it and everyone else for making the day so enjoyable.

Quote from: precinctomega on December 12, 2009, 09:14:44 PM
Finally, I bow out of organizing the GT with some relief, handing the baton to the acknowledged master of the tournament: David "Kaled" Knowles.
On that subject, I intend to book tables for next year on Monday, so I'll announce the date then - but don't be surprised if it moves by a week to avoid clashing with my birthday. I'll have a look at a calendar later and decide.  I only hope I can come close to doing as good a job as Robey has for the last few years.   I'll also book tables for the Spring Conclave so you can get that one in you diary as well.

Quote from: Macabre on December 12, 2009, 10:43:39 PM
Although I am determined to knock mr Knowles off the top of the P&M section next year.
Well, as I'll be organising it, I'm afraid you won't get that chance. However, I think Robskib may well be the man to beat - I'm pretty sure that if his Inquisitor had been finished he'd have beaten me in the P&M round this year.  (And his wasn't the only fantastic model in the competition!)

EDIT:
Also, it'd be great if people could write short reports on the events of the day from the perspective of their characters in the Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave thread.  I'm going to head over there now and post the names of my characters and a bit about my scenario in case people want the info for their write-ups...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat