Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Trying to start a campaign

Started by Dvil, November 11, 2009, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Quote from: Dvil on December 09, 2009, 06:28:54 PM
And re:lightning reflexes, this version grants a free pause for breath action per turn. Is this up-to-date or not?
No, you want to be looking at one of these two instead;
http://www.mediafire.com/?wyzxixyhyn5

Alternatively, check out the ones in the IGT briefing pack;
http://darkmagenta.co.uk/IGT09_briefing_pack.pdf

The free Pause for Breath was open to abuse by players declaring it as their first action every turn so they could hold off declaring their actions until they'd seen the results of their action rolls.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dvil on December 09, 2009, 06:28:54 PMThe solar panels do indeed recharge his ammunition, yes.
You should know that lasgun magazines are supposed to recharge on exposure to heat or light anyway. Not as fast as plugging them in properly of course, but in an emergency...

QuoteAnd re:lightning reflexes, this version grants a free pause for breath action per turn. Is this up-to-date or not?
On this note, I prefer the IGT's version (see the links in Kaled's post). It gives a good idea of a character who genuinely does have lightning fast reflexes.

The original version (or indeed, the IGT's lightning wits) are more like a character who plans fluidly and can deal with unlikely outcomes, not one who can suddenly deal with the unexpected.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dvil

Re: ammo/solar panel
Ah, right. I had that idea for a while, but I wasn't sure if that was my own idea or canon. I dunno, maybe he's found some way to increase the efficiency of this energy absorbtion, or perhaps inhibit any energy loss between engagements. I want to limit ammo supplies, so this would be very useful for at least one, and the sniper character with the highest Sg seems the most appropriate to be able to modify his ammunition to last longer.
On MSN? Add me! Let's face it; if you don't I'll just add you.

Kaled

Quote from: Dvil on December 10, 2009, 03:55:17 PM
maybe he's found some way to increase the efficiency of this energy absorbtion, or perhaps inhibit any energy loss between engagements.
I figured that the solar panels were there to increase the rate at which the power pack recharges - they can be recharged by throwing them in a fire, but that considerably shortens their life.  If you want your characters to be cut off from their normal sources of ammo then the solar panel seems like a good way to recharge between engagements, but it doesn't seem to make sense for them to have much effect during the short period of time represented by a game of Inquisitor.

Inquisitor Cade

WSBS T WpSgNv Ld Speed
65 75 60 60 65 70 90 80 70 4

Whoa, who is this guy? Uber-genius, nerves of steel, iron will, expert fighter with gun or sword, impressively fit and a born leader to boot.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

He's not that different to the profiles you suggested for an Inquisitor I don't think there's a big problem.

Quoteaverage Inquisitor
Ws 65. Bs 65. S 55. T 55. I 75. Wp 80. Sg 75. Nv 80. Ld 80.
fighty Inquisitor
Ws 70. Bs 70. S 60. T 60. I 75. Wp 70. Sg 65. Nv 85. Ld 75.
scolar Inquisitor
Ws 55. Bs 55. S 45. T 45. I 75. Wp 85. Sg 80. Nv 70. Ld 80.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on December 17, 2009, 05:49:17 PM
He's not that different to the profiles you suggested for an Inquisitor I don't think there's a big problem.
I think the complaint is the mix of both a very competent fighter, as well as someone who has an Sg value beyond a practised scholar.

Then again, I realise that Marco's own profile is actually slightly more generous on a couple of counts (although not quite as high an Sg value). Perhaps I'll get Marco's profile back up on the board for discussion.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 17, 2009, 10:22:16 PM
I think the complaint is the mix of both a very competent fighter, as well as someone who has an Sg value beyond a practised scholar.
But overall, the two profiles are very similar - and the character's lower Initiative will compensate somewhat for his combat skills, and both his Nv and Ld  are lower than a 'fighty Inquisitor'.  His Sg is high, but I've never really agreed with the opinion that no characters should have an Sg in the 90s...  Overall, he doesn't seem excessive for an Inquisitor.

Adlan

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 17, 2009, 08:53:48 AM
WSBS T WpSgNv Ld Speed
65 75 60 60 65 70 90 80 70 4

Whoa, who is this guy? Uber-genius, nerves of steel, iron will, expert fighter with gun or sword, impressively fit and a born leader to boot.

Sounds exactly what an Inquisitor should be too me. If he then had excessive equipment, I'd look a little in askence, but it isn't too far off kilter.

Dvil

Er, okay guys, there's been a change in plans.

I recently bought the Rogue Trader ruleset, and we as a group have decided to switch to that for the campaign, for a few reasons.

So this will require a different campaign (as the style of game is slightly different), but before I burden you with more ideas, I just want to check something:
Is this a suitable place to put RT stuff? It's similar to Inquisitor, but it is still a different game, so I don't want to be posting stuff I shouldn't.

Heroka Vendile

well there is a Dark Heresy section of this forum, Rouge Trader is a part of the Dark Heresy family, do the logic   ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Dvil

Ah, ok. I just wondered, because they are technically different games. Similar, but different. I'll take my post there then.

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteHe's not that different to the profiles you suggested for an Inquisitor I don't think there's a big problem.

This is true, if he is an Inquisitor. Given his kit I'd have thought not, but if he is the stats are fine (bar my usual thought that Sg is too high). I didn't think he was an Inquisitor so might have phrased the question badly. Let me try again:

Are those characters Inquisitors? If so their kit is very modest, if not then the stats are too high.
*Insert token witticism*