Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Adept Liwets Log 121209

Started by greenstuff_gav, December 12, 2009, 11:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

as i'm rather brain-dead and highly likely to forget what happened across the three games i played, i've put the gist of 'em into a report from the similarly exhausted Adept Liwet.

Scenario 1 was the "escape form the living sand-drifts", while the second scenario involved beating up Santa, but i felt the overall story flowed better by reversing 'em  :-[

Tech Adept Liwet stood by the medical table setting clone 4N1-K4's shattered right arm; the child's eyes still red from the tears that had flowed freely.
"Well?" came the unemotional synthesized voice of Magos Rowne from behind her "I am unable to retrieve the data."
"the encounter with the manifactorium burnt out my neural connection; until it is repaired i am unable to access remotely." came Liwets reply, her voice harsh and with barely concealed anger.
"Report then. I hear Adept Stein is furious at the damage to the CIDD."
Liwet sighed and helped Annika off the table and waited until she left the medicae bay, holding hands with a servitor to steady herself.

"we arrived in the frozen sector, trailing the rumours of Teleportation devices of considerable power and reliability. all sources pointed toward a remote outpost where both psychic and heat signatures were focused.
We were not the only ones to discover it; an armoured warrior calling himself "The Judge" or "Justice" or something was also there, along with an Inquisitor and her retinue.
While Annika searched the ruins, Steins precious CIDD proved how useful it was by managing to crash to the floor."

"You know how the Machine Spirits have difficulty in handling adverse weather conditions..." Rowne interrupted
"Something none of your servitors suffer from i have noticed" Liwet scowled at the interruption.
"While it was floundering around, i had located what appeared to be an STC access elevator, complete with data-node.

i was able to convince the Data Spirits to allow me access, although they fought hard against me, and download alot of valuable knowledge; technical aspects, sensorium readouts and much more; including data regarding local uprisings and the manufacture of weaponry.
It was in severing this connection that my peripheral spirit-block was destroyed; while i suffered minor injury, my neurolink has been severely damaged.

Annika located several items of interest, including samples of these unknown technologies. However, her curiosity got the better of her and she activated the control panel; releasing a Daemonically Possessed sentient engine. Luckily the Inquisitorial team and Judge dealt with this heresy with a speed and efficiency worthy of a Machine Spirit.

This started some form of reaction; the very ground itself became hostile and grasping at us as we attempted to escape with other parties; it appeared we were all heading out of the polar zone away from the animated snow.

By the will of the Ommissiah, we encountered strange energy signatures emanating from artifacts scattered across the area; if part of this strange circumstance or not, i am unable to tell as yet.
Still, we advanced cautiously; we had only glanced at the others moving through the snow storm and were unable to judge their intentions.

While i observed their fighting i took the opportunity to recover one of these artifacts and sent Annika to recover a second; time was short and the living snowdrifts threatened to engulf us all.

Despite the clawing frost, we eventually entered warmer marshland.

It was here we encountered a strange casket marked with markings similar to holy litanies of Base-Sixty-Four.
No sooner had i recovered this object i was attacked by a scantily-clad barbarian, charging manically toward me.

While his wild swings were easy to avoid, i had to rely on support from the CIDD while i attempted to carry the artifact.
unfortunately, the CIDD was rather at his mercy; the electrically charged flail overpowering its Machine Spirit several times. While it was indeed far too armoured to suffer much damage, it was hardly of use or any good at protecting us.

We were assaulted by a berzerk Inquisitor, acrobatically waving a psychically-charged staff. While i was able to avoid his attacks, he moved to fast for me to get a decent shot on him.

Before I could so much as move he had shattered Annikas arm and left her unconscious on the floor, grabbing the casket and fleeing in the Inquisitions' cowardly way.

Fortunately i was able to gain a clear shot at him from a distance and knock him sprawling, giving the black armoured Judge time to put him down.
Unfortunately, without the Judges' assistance we would have been overpowered. This debt was paid by allowing him to deal with the casket and i was unable to procure it for further study."

Magos Rowne stood silent, digesting this information. "You have atleast recovered some items and, should your connection be restored, valuable data. I will speak to Adept Stein, see if we can coax the CIDDs Machine Spirit to be of more use. Then you would not have left so much of value behind."
As Magos Rownes' life-support Servitor stomped out of the medicae bay, he missed the angry glare Adept Liwet's optic units focused and he was in the transport-elevator before the medical table erupted through the door, leaving a dent in the metal wall outside.
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Ah yes, I think the last of those games set a spectacular new standard with Inquisitor Hanja's heroically breaking a small girl's arm and then running away.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Adlan

What about the way Hanja was shot in the back! Repeatedly.

I need to post up a players report. Steal everyone elses Photo's :D

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Adlan on December 14, 2009, 08:24:36 AM
What about the way Hanja was shot in the back! Repeatedly.

I need to post up a players report. Steal everyone elses Photo's :D

only once in the back.. The Judge was more to the side :)

as to pics, help yourself ;)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination