Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave Events in 2010

Started by Kaled, December 14, 2009, 10:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I've just been on the phone with Matt at Warhammer World and their diary is extremely busy, so we can't get either of the dates we were looking for.  For the Spring Conclave, the best we can manage is a month later than I'd hoped, Saturday April 24th.  For the IGT the news is less good - December is not an option due to a couple of corporate events that are taking place, and November won't work either - the closest date we can get to the end of the year is 24th October, which is a Sunday.  So the question is, are people going to be able to make those dates?  The one for the Spring Conclave isn't too bad, but the date for the IGT is less than ideal.

Please let me know your opinions ASAP - if we do want those dates than I'm going to have to give them a final answer within a week.  I know a lot of people are students, do those dates clash with things like exams etc.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

April i can do; Oct i won't know till closer to the time (shift changes and all that  :-[;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

I'm a layabout student, so time bends to my whim. Having it in october means I'll definitely be able to get there on time :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Hadriel Caine

October will not work for me for the IGT. Starting my MA at the beginning of Oct in Exeter so I won't be able to make it to Nottingham outside of holiday times.

April 24 I will be in Prague with my better half for her 21st.

hmmm.

Random pick up games for another year for me!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

PM102

April could be a problem for me, since I would be back up north, I guess I had better look into train times...

October for the GT would mean I can make it though.

Heroka Vendile

personally I probably won't make it if it's in April at all this year, May 1st/2nd would perhaps be slightly better, but I will be working maddly away at my honours project one way or another, so I doubt I'll make it as that's slap bang at the end of the semester before the exam period.

As for the GT, I honestly have no idea. After the summer I will either be working a job, being a bum, or doing another uni/college course.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

Both dates are probably good for me.  24 Oct may be trouble as it's close to SWMBO's birthday.  Who knows what she'll be planning?

In principle, however, I'm on for both those dates.

R.

Necris

Will comment on future dates closer to the time but should be ok....maybe

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Adlan

Van Helser

A date in April for the Spring Conclave would probably suit me better - into the new financial year and therefore easier to wrangle a day off for travel.

Can't comment on October, but if the date is set I'll just have to make it work!  Just got to hope that none of my family want to get married and ruin my plans again!

Kaled

Quote from: Necris on December 15, 2009, 10:28:28 AM
Will comment on future dates closer to the time but should be ok....maybe
I don't need firm answers now - I'm looking more for whether there's a large number of people who definitely can't make either date due to things like exams etc.  The one for the IGT is somewhat unusual, being a few months earlier than normal and on a Sunday, so I'd especially like people's opinions on that one.  If it doesn't work for a lot of people then we might have to have a rethink...

Heroka Vendile

The only real issue with a Sunday is potentially having to travel home that night in relations to train/flights back to Glasgow and what time the latest one is at. Certainly the last two times it's been about a 5 o'clock flight IIRC coming home on the Sunday after the Saturday event, can't recall off-hand if there's a later flight or not.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

BTW - WHW is normally only open 10-5 on Sunday, however I've been told that there's the potential for us to either start at 9am or carry on until 6pm if we needed to for the IGT.

Necris

We should arrange more games local Dave...I know I'm right crap at sorting this out need someone to put a melta charge under my arse to stop me lazing around
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Timmy_H

April is a very good month for me - can't really comment on the IGT but maybe I should aim for a steady re-entry of one event at a time eh?

T