Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave Events in 2010

Started by Kaled, December 14, 2009, 10:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carados

I should be fine for any date in April.  Don't know about the IGT though.  I like to avoid doing things on a Sunday, mainly due to the complete lack of public transport (in comparison to usual).

Kaled

I've just had a quick look through the thread and there seems to be plenty of support for the Spring Conclave in April so I'm going to go ahead and book six tables for the 24th.

The IGT in October seems to be going down less well - there are very few people who think it's a possibility a couple who definitely can't make it and a lot who really aren't sure.  I'm not really sure what to do about this one - attendence was pretty low at the IGT this year and I'm not sure that having it on a Sunday in October is going to garner us any more attendees...  What do you think?  I wonder if there's a chance we could more it to early 2011 being as December 2010 is out...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

See if you can book the enormous "Imperial City" table, Dave!

R.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on December 18, 2009, 02:57:36 PM
What do you think?  I wonder if there's a chance we could more it to early 2011 being as December 2010 is out...

The Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2010; coming to WHW in 2011!  ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on December 18, 2009, 04:01:40 PM
The Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2010; coming to WHW in 2011!  ;D
Not ideal, but it might have to be - I can't decide if I'm being a bit negative about the prospect of a Sunday tournament as all the travelling isn't good for me, but I'd rather have the IGT a little late and have a good chance of decent attendence, then have it three months early and only a few people turn up...

RobSkib

In which case, maybe delay the spring conclave to mid-summer to space them out a bit better?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Quote from: RobSkib on December 18, 2009, 05:26:09 PM
In which case, maybe delay the spring conclave to mid-summer to space them out a bit better?
Not really possible unfortunately.  I was given very few dates when I'd be allowed to run an event - there's already a load of tournaments and corporate events using the hall next year, and almost all of the remaining weekends are free gaming days which we can't book far in advance.  There is potential to book a Summer/Autumn Conclave, but it'll have to be arranged a lot closer to the time.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: precinctomega on December 18, 2009, 03:51:54 PM
See if you can book the enormous "Imperial City" table, Dave!

R.

That would be rather awesome - a single big game with lots of rooftop chases, long-range sniping, etc lasting several hours  ;D
Obviously it would probably be necessary to limit the number of characters per player to help speed things up a bit, but it would still be awesome. Certainly most suitable for the struggle of the succession I believe Dave said he was planning to cover.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

My vote is for a 2011 IGT - I'd sooner a later, larger, meet than an early and mediocre one.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on December 18, 2009, 08:20:48 PMThat would be rather awesome - a single big game with lots of rooftop chases, long-range sniping, etc lasting several hours.
That sounds like it would be a whole world of fun.

Either way, I think the possibility of my attending another meet is as good an excuse as any to add a few things to my modelling schedule. (Particularly if I've got until April - 4 months is a lot more favourable than the 3 weeks I tried to mash Lyra's warband together in.)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Srixx

One of these days i'm actually gonna have to fork over the cash to come to one of these 'GT's... Sounds like a whole lot of fun. Even more so when its solely IGT :D

precinctomega

Would we consider holding the IGT at a different venue?  There are quite a few clubs, now, with an impressive spread of tables and terrain and loads of space, who would be happy to host an external event.

Obviously, it wouldn't be free and wouldn't have the advantage of Bugman's...

R.

Heroka Vendile

I reckon it's important to hold the GT at Nottingham just because it shows we exist and showcases our "big event". Spring Conclaves/etc however I can easily see being relocated to wherever is convenient.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

^ this. we do need to remind GW Inquisitor is still alive :)

we'd also have to remember traveling times + go mid-country; 156miles from my place to WHW much further north and it'd be Difficult, while i suspect much further south'd be a problem for many of our players...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

moving the Spring Conclave around to different locations is something that has been discussed in the past (there was even the possibility that VanHelser and myself would have hosted it in GW Glasgow), after all, why should it always be the same people having to fork out the most to travel to an event?
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Moving the IGT to a different venue was something I'd considered, but of all the events we organise I think that's the one that ought to be at WHW.  How about moving the IGT to March 2011 in place of the Spring Conclave?  March seems to be a good month for a lot of people...  I'll ring up tomorrow and see if that's an option.

Of course, there's nothing to stop anyone organising an event somewhere - like PO did with the Ten4Ten days, but for this year at least I plan for the Spring Conclave to be at WHW.