Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Stats - Bs

Started by Inquisitor Cade, March 08, 2010, 09:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

Quote from: Kaled on March 11, 2010, 06:03:02 PM
Firstly there are the descriptions in the rulebook, 'competant', 'expert' etc - we could expand that list so every 10 point range has a description against it.  But we'd still be still left with the question of what constitutes 'competant' for example, and I don't see any way to define that unambiguously.

This is actually something that I think would help me. Whilst it's ambiguous, even getting some opinions would help me. Whilst I'm keen for my gaming group to develop a flavour of its own and achieve internal consistency, I'd still appreciate some guidance - perhaps even reassurance - to help me feel more confident with character creation. Even a short sentence after each increment would help. I can't speak for everyone, of course.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Kasthan

Looks good Kaled. Just feel sorry for the person who has to do the rest of the stats.

Flinty

Some interesting points raised by Kaled. I see the point about raw stats still leaving some ambiguity about how individuals interpret and apply ranges to thier characters.

QuoteOr we could take a completely different approach and look at what each statistic represents and how it works in the game

Now that approach gets me very interested, as it helps to flesh out what the stat will actually mean in game terms, and therefore lets me design my character so that the stats I assign provide a (broadly) desired effect. Excellent!
Neanderthal and Proud!