Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave Get Together Character Compilation

Started by Alyster Wick, March 13, 2010, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

I'm going to pitch this quickly to see as a group if there's interest.  If a big enough group responds then I can PM with folks to get everything sorted out.

The Concept:

I am offering to compile a list of characters that have been used in previous conclave events.  This list will include the characters, a short bit of background, their stats and equipment, and a picture.  After it is compiled I will polish it up and convert it into a DM style pdf.

The Purpose:

I think this would be a fun way to make a sort of "Conclave Sourcebook" that would be helpful for both new gamers (it terms of seeing stats that have worked across gaming groups) and veterans (in terms of inspiration through models and background). 

To compile it I would ask only that any character sent to me must have been used in Conclave meet up games (I will take folks at their word).  The goal would be to have 200-500 words of background which I will trim for formatting purposes if necessary.  There won't be any debate over who is included because the only requirement is that they've been used at a Conclave meet up and that isn't really a debatable point.

Let me know if any of you are interested.  I'm going to be swamped at work for the next month and then will be getting shipped out for another month following so it'll take me a while to get this together if folks are interested.  However I think it would be a fun and fulfilling way for me to contribute to the community overall.

Inquisitor Cade

I'm up for this.

Lord Ruthe (not and Inquisitor Lord, an Inquisitor and a Lord) and his two followers can be found here
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=153.0

A bit of depth as to what the stats are ment to represent, as that is this threads purpose:

Lord Ruthe.
Ws . Bs . S . T . I . Wp . Sg . Nv . Ld
76 . 56. 69. 63. 80 . 77 . 64 . 81 . 73

He is an expert fighter in the local brand of sword and dagger based martial arts, practicing it from youth and even more as he entered into the Inquisition. (note a skill in this area representing his martial style)
He has had extensive firearms training and demonstrates an average aptitude for them.
His fitness regime is very disciplined, taken mostly from his martial arts training experiences, and he places a lot of importance on being at peak physical condition.
He has a very fast mind, and rapidly decides on courses of action before following them with great confidence.
He has a strong enough will to survive to become and Inquisitor. His experiences have further hardened him.
He is a very intelligent man, if less so than most Inquisitors. He is practical, studying what is necessary for him to be prepared for and to combat threats, but does not indulge in more academia or philosophy that that.
His nerve is strong, he is ready to face the worst the galaxy can throw at him, in fact it is his job to do so. Being young and confident helps too.
Born to a leading class, and trained to be a figure of ultimate authority, his impressive ability to lead is probably lower than one would expect.

Note, my evolving understanding of the stats has led to a small (5pnt) increase to Wp and Nv since I used him last at the spring conclave.

Sammuael Von Caleb.
66 . 61. 52. 49. 72 . 70 . 71 . 56 . 67

Years of Arbites combat training, and a personal interest in fencing make his combat abilities what they are today. They were probably a bit better when he was younger. (note 2 skills in this area)
He was a promising shot amongst the Arbites, but his training waned over the years and he rarely shoots off his gun any more, until he got embroiled with the inquisition at least.
Though not that old physically, rejuve putting him into his early 50's, he has to train more than he'd like, more than he used to need to, just to keep himself fit enough.
His ability to rapidly observe a crime scene and decide the appropriate course was one of the reasons he rose quickly through the ranks.
Hardened by intense Arbites training, years of violent police work, and recent Inquisitorial service.
A mind that justified his rapid promotion. Reading is his primary form of recreation, though he enjoys many academic pursuits.
Facing down criminals is no problem, but he is not a soldier, but an investigator, and an old one at that.
He used to lead Arbites squads very efficiently, but has not had a direct subordinate in some time.

Note, my evolving understanding of the stats has led to a small (5pnt) increase to Bs, Ld and Sg since I used him last at the spring conclave.

Corporal Triston Anthony.
57 . 67. 62. 65. 60 . 66 . 53 . 74 . 64

Has done military combat drills and trained with his staff to a medium level. Not much experience though.
Prefers ranges combat to close combat and trains extensively with the pistol that reminds him of his regiment.
With the guard he worked hard to be all he could be, and has kept up his fitness since.
More mentally gifted than most, he was recognised as a quick and clear thinker within the sanctioned of the regiment, leading to his promotion to an NCO.
Keeping a hold on the power that he possesses is only possible because of his relatively strong mind.
Quite a smart cookie, continued experience of the warp has eroded his logical thinking somewhat.
He is a proud soldier. Too proud to allow himself to submit to fear. He overcompensates with bravery to some extent, determined to be soldier first, psyker second.
Trained to follow orders efficiently and without question. He has some experience leading a battle psyker unit.

Note, my evolving understanding of the stats has led to a small (5pnt) lose to I and Ld since I used him last at the spring conclave.

Best of luck with this, I hope you can forge a useful resources.
*Insert token witticism*