Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Zurek Nabokov, Calculus-Logi

Started by Kaled, December 17, 2009, 06:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I don't have time to write much (I'm supposed to be making dinner), but here's my latest model - a Calculus-Logi based on the sketch by John Blanche.  His body was sculpted, to which I added all sorts of bits from bothe the Inquisitor and 40k ranges.

- Back -
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MonSTeR

There is NOTHING I dislike abuot that model :D

(except perhaps for the fact I lack the skills or confidence to attempt something similar)

I think the boots are my favourite bit, and I love the red tones on his tunic

Myriad

Very nice.  Certainly looks suitably calculating, with various devices and aides.  Like the dark tones on the metals.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

DapperAnarchist

I recognise... two parts? The shoulder pads and the "iron sight" on the left shoulder are from the Ork Boyz set... the gun... do I see part of a 28mm bolter there, the forward grip? Gasmask - not sure, could be Cadian, or a Terminator face...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

precinctomega

Most of the cane is from the navigator, IIRC.  The gasmask is from a terminator (I can't remember who did this first - either Dave or Nick - but it's becoming a staple part) and the rifle is partly made from a bolter, the front of a 54mm lasgun.

There's not much else to call on.

R.

phil-o-mat

awesome!
i specialy like that staff/measuring device.

Kaled

Thanks - glad you like him.

I'm not sure I can name all the parts I used - his coat and boots were sculpted, his head is from one of the citizens with a Terminator respirator (I think Nick was the first person to do that).  His shoulder pads and the iron sight have already been identified, but I'm not sure where the thing on his other shoulder is from.  His left hand is from the Technocop figure, the cane is plastic rod, plasticard, a couple of BFG antennae and a little skull from somewhere or other.  His right hand is Dorian Black's, the stock of the rifle is from one of the booster back bolters, there's a bit of a bolter in there, the sight from a scout sniper, the barrel and magazine are from the Necromunda Enforcers heavy stubber and the end of the barrel is plastic tube.  There's a few miscellaneous packs on his belt, and his backpack is made from a Tau fusion gun, with a bit I don't recognise on top, then the sighting gear is plasticard with BFG antennae.  I think that's everything...

I was really happy with how he turned out in the end, but a day or two before the IGT I was in despair - he really didn't look good and I had to completely repaint his coat.

BTW - does anyone have Cherubael's legs and the torso from one of the Devout sisters?  If so, could they post me a picture of the two together - I have an idea for another character to join the warband...

DapperAnarchist

Tied up legs and a corset? This should be interesting...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

kierkegaard

Sneak

Nice. The boots & the sextant are the coolest bits. Not sure about the X-hair on his shoulder. It looks a little 'low tech' compared to the rest of him. The rifle is pretty awesome too.

One last question, is Kaled guessing the parts for Kaleds model? :p I remember the days of having a bits box with things I had no idea what were

Edit: I was going to ask where those wires led, then I noticed the back photo, now I understand

RobSkib

Raising the bar again Dave, incredible work. I saw him up close at the IGT, and I don't think this picture does it justice!

What do you use for your wires? I can never get mine looking so fluid..
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on December 17, 2009, 10:52:05 PM
Tied up legs and a corset? This should be interesting...
I have a great image for a model in my head, but as of yet no idea how to turn it into reality - I need a female torso and so far the sisters are the only ones that seem to fit my idea, or maybe I'll have another look around for some Atlantis minis...

Quote from: Sneak on December 17, 2009, 11:45:14 PM
Not sure about the X-hair on his shoulder. It looks a little 'low tech' compared to the rest of him.
That is intentional, and it's only ornamental really - he's just wearing all the sighting and ranging gear he can get his hands on.

Quote from: RobSkib on December 18, 2009, 12:10:36 AM
What do you use for your wires? I can never get mine looking so fluid..
It's just guitar wire.  For me the trick is to carefully curve it around things - just trying to bend it with pliars usually ends up with me getting kinks in it that look unnatural.

Inquisitor Cade

He is increadable, one of your best.
*Insert token witticism*

theemperorswill

top notch dave. where does it end?
the emperors will be done