Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Is there an Ordo Mechanicus?

Started by Lazarus Caladine, December 28, 2009, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Hmmm... to nit-pick - arcoflagellation is supposed to be something really severe, for assault on the person of a member of the Ecclesiarchy, or Gross Heresy, not just desertion in peacetime. The rest, ok, but! Anyone who can hack machine spirits either is very close to the Cult Mechanicus, or knows far more than they should - both are good. If the Escapee was a promising young Tech Priest, then the Inquisitor might have more reason to believe he's really an agent of the MIL, especially if he's an already a Monodominant with distrust of the inhuman and human-replacing Mechanicus (lots of on-the-field preaching about sinful replacement of the holy human form with soulless metal, stuff like that)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Lazarus Caladine

Ok, they were spotted leaving by a preist and beat him into unconsciousness before he could raise the alarm. Unfortunately for them, the preist woke up before the guards were able to complete their escape.
Hmm, what sort of age is pre-major cybernetic augmentation for an aspiring and extremely well talented techie? 50? 75? I want the man to be more man than machine.
On-field preaching is just the kind of thing I'm hoping for from that guy ^^
Thanks.
Laz.

Magos Exarratus

Would it be possible for Arco-Flaggellants to run away? If commanded to do so I can see it happening but I can't really see them trying to escape. After all, their pacifier helmets are meant to keep them pacified, and when not being pacified they tend to be kind of 'angry'; and by 'angry' I mean attack and kill anyone who isn't designated a friend in an flurry of fury, limbs, blood, and - usually - electro-flails.

Upon rereading, I think I did misunderstand what you said. Did the escapee somehow manage to take control of the arco-flagellants? I mean, I don't see it as being likely, but if he is some sort of hacker then its possibly, and the 40k universe is a bit big and a bit cool for likely to get in the way too much.

DapperAnarchist

If the Escapee took control - then that perfectly fits. The Arcos are Ministorium property, and Mechanicus secrets - each might blame the other, leading to the fire and brimstone Inquisitor attacking the Mechanicus if they get too close.

And beating up a priest to try and escape military service - thats better. So their crimes would be something like - Heresy, Assaulting the Person of a Priest of the Emperor, Bodily Damage to the Person of a Priest of the Ecclesiarchy (double jeopardy? What do you mean you can't charge people twice for the same offence? Heretic...) Desertion, and so on...

50? Maybe even only 40? If he's really good, then 40ish would be acceptable for him to be mostly bionic.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Nash

On the question of age and augmentation: several sources suggest that an Adept can get as few augmentations as he wishes, he gains the right to get more of them as he ages and passes through the "cursus" of the Mechanicus but augmentations aren't imposed (except by peer pressure)...

Also Titanicus mentions that some specific "fields" within the Mechanicus, knowing it'll help them interact with "normal" humans, refrain from getting to many visible augmetics...

Just my 2€cents