Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Magenta Lives Once More!

Started by Saussure, August 22, 2009, 11:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saussure

Dear all,

After a break that has stretched out longer than I would have liked, the Dark Magenta website is back up at www.darkmagenta.co.uk. Many thanks to Jack for getting the site back.

The collapse of the website has been a serious inconvenience. However - to be honest - Dark Magenta Issue 4 had been struggling to get going before that. There were two issues causing the problem:

We Need Articles: Our supply of articles had largely dried up, and Robey and I were left having to poke and prod people desperately to convince them to produce something for us. Given that people always tell us they liked what we produced, it would be much easier for us if they submitted some content! If you think you've got an idea, then have a look at the submisison guideline son the website, and you can always drop me a line (PM, e-mail, or at editor@darkmagenta.co.uk) to ask if it's suitable.

We have a special need for modelling articles - you can see the sort of thing we're after by looking at previous issues.

We Need Staff: Again, to be honest, by the end of Issue 3, the magazine had become something of a two or three man job, so we need new staff to help us out. Robey, Simon and I have all commited to the project once more, but we need some others. Not too many - I think we'll slim down the operation from the last time - but another two or three volunteers would be appreciated. If you're interested in helpig out with a fairly low-effort task, then drop me a PM, and I'll circulate an e-mail to the new team in a week or so and get the ball rolling again.

Many thanks, one and all - we'll get our magazine (and sourcebooks!) back on it's feet soon!

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

MarcoSkoll

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of tasks are likely to be expected of staff, and what sort of resources (programs) would they need?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ancelyn

Hurray, it's back :). And with future source books in the pipeline, the future is bright, the future is dark magenta.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Heroka Vendile

Like I did not long before the whole server death incident, I'll put myself forward again for any design/production work, if required.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Molotov

Having just finished my degree, I'm keen for anything I can put forward to my portfolio. I'm a keen Inquisitor fan, and I'd love to contribute to Dark Magenta, though I'm a little unsure as to the types of articles you'd like.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Ancelyn

There are submission guidelines on the home page. Once you've read them, any further questions could be posted up in this forum for answers. Or directed at Robey or Derek.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Discy

Would you like my article on using Xenos in Inquisitor? it's all about the minor alien races, and how to incorpirate them into your games.
Beep if you love muties!

Inquisitor Sargoth

Quote from: Saussure on August 22, 2009, 11:24:14 AM
We Need Articles: Our supply of articles had largely dried up, and Robey and I were left having to poke and prod people desperately to convince them to produce something for us. Given that people always tell us they liked what we produced, it would be much easier for us if they submitted some content! If you think you've got an idea, then have a look at the submisison guideline son the website, and you can always drop me a line (PM, e-mail, or at editor@darkmagenta.co.uk) to ask if it's suitable.

The article I submitted aaaages ago is still in Robey's hands, though it's been so long I wouldn't mind a redraft. It had some original, and very good, artwork with it as well.
One More Hit - A tale of addiction.

abhorsen950

Well ive read the first three issue since ive come to the conclave.

And why not try some more modelling articles

Couple of battle reports etc

This has most likely been suggested and i know you have it in your magazine already but maybe just expand on them.

Steve

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: abhorsen950 on December 07, 2009, 01:31:20 PM
Well ive read the first three issue since ive come to the conclave.

And why not try some more modelling articles

Couple of battle reports etc

This has most likely been suggested and i know you have it in your magazine already but maybe just expand on them.

Steve

i suspect its more getting the articles in the first place that's causing the delays...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination