Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shotgun picture?

Started by Kaled, January 08, 2010, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I'm just about to start work on a new AdMech warband - or, more likely, another extension to my Explorator warband, and one of the characters is going to be a Skitarii-Provost (sort of the AdMech equivalent of the Arbites).  Somewhere, on here I think, someone posted a picture of a really cool shotgun that I remember thinking would be perfect for the character I had in mind.  I thought I'd saved the picture in question, but apparently not...  So, I'm hoping someone has some idea what I'm talking about and can point me at the picture in question...?

Either that, or does anyone have any nice pics of shotguns they can point me at?  Something nice and futuristic would be good...

Sorry for the rather vague request.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Possible candidates:

Franci SPAS 15
H&K CAWS
USAS 12
Saiga 12 (The basis for Vera from Firefly)
Pancor Jackhammer - also, a prototype in Pump Action
Neostead 2000
AA-12

Ones I know I've linked to or referenced are the Pancor Jackhammer, the AA-12 and the Neostead 2000. The others... I may have mentioned them, but they're just possible ideas.

If it's not one of those, you might find it browsing the shotgun section of World Guns.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Had a look at all of them out of interest, and boy do modern shotguns look too much like rifles. They're just not meaty enough for my own vision of a "40k" shotgun. It needs to be uncompromisingly simple, have a pump action and look like Arnie could wield it one-handed while spouting some cheesy line about a buckshot breakfast or whatever. None of them do it for me I'm afraid.

That said, the "Jackhammer" looks like an awesome basis for a lasgun. Even had the right muzzle shape.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on January 08, 2010, 09:41:40 PMHad a look at all of them out of interest, and boy do modern shotguns look too much like rifles.
Well... those don't have the normal tubular magazine you'd see on the average shotgun. When you add a magazine, they'll start to look more assault rifle like.
I saved you the shotguns that... well, even I'd struggle to tell them from the AR-15/M-16 at a quick glance.

For those like Van Helser who prefer something a bit more shotgun-esque and meaty - I suggest the Russian KS-23. 23mm calibre (as opposed to the normal 18.5mm of a 12 gauge) so quite a lot of guts.
It can be loaded with the Barrikada cartridge, which is designed to stop cars - it can and will destroy engine blocks at a hundred metres.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Thanks for the pics. None are the one I was thinking of (IIRC it had gubbins on it in the picture I'm thinking of, maybe a torch?) but there are some things there that give me some ideas.

Macabre

++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

MarcoSkoll

Well, "a torch" doesn't narrow things down a whole lot.

I might be able to try and thin down the options if I know if we're looking for a pump-action or a semi-auto, and whether it has a tubular magazine or an external box/drum magazine?

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Some nice ideas there Macabre, thanks. Not the pic I was thinking of though - I'm beginning to think I must have seen it on another forum as I don't seem to be jogging any memories here...

precinctomega

Out of the real shotguns, the Jackhammer is certainly my favourite.  From Macabre's fictional examples, the second would make a fab design for a grenade launcher in 40k, whilst the third is my favourite shotgun.

R.

RobSkib

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

psycho

lol not sure Big Baby is a shotgun....more like a cannon with a stock lol
many Shotguns have collapsable stocks, laser sights, torches and even M203's slung under em so anything goes here really
i had an nice Cynergy 2000 under and over a couple of years ago.....beautiful 12 gauge hunting shotgun

sorry im rambling

kerby