Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Plastic GW Minotaurs

Started by Heroka Vendile, January 10, 2010, 06:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

linky linky

£27 for 3 plastic Minoturs, with single and two-handed weapon options, as well as champion/musician/standard bearer.

Mutant potential ahoy!!! And at a price like that 3 big muties are cheaper than two metal equivelents.

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Adlan

Mutants. Or Steroid fueld nutjobs. They look like the old Nercomunda Goliath scaled up.

Myriad

They are extremely top heavy, and the head don't do alot for me.  Having said that, the paint job is excacerbating the defects of the models, and could make eminently suitable mutants (if bad minotaurs) - being made of plastic might make them easier to customise too.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Inquisitor Cade

I'm thinking they might be a good source of appropriately sized crude melee weapons.
*Insert token witticism*

precinctomega

I saw these in York GW the other day.  They are definitely Chaos mutants, given their proportions - I think they are deliberately twisted and inhuman - but still nice minis with loads of great bitz.

R.

Ferran

The rediculous musculature really puts me off, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for excess bits after people have built their monstrosities.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on January 11, 2010, 08:09:58 AM
but still nice minis

i don't like you any more :lol:
Ferran gets a thumbs up tho ;)

nice load of weapons, some of the alternate heads could be useful with some work and hopefully the hands aren't too big (but i expect they'll be bigger'n more peoples' heads).
What's with the weird cutting up of the torsos too? i thought plastics were supposed to be interchangeable?

i suppose sculpting a load of rags over 'em may help with the musculature but those feet have to go...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lucaren

i have actually built one of these models and can tell you they are muscular as hell the weapons are huge (axes about 3 inches long) but they are awesome, if any one wants any more info i can say more. also interesting fact on them is the feet arn't attached, i like this as i tihnk the feet are some of the best bits of these models.

Matt

Swarbie

Well, I like the look of this. These may be a good way for me to get into the modelling side of Inquisitor, instead of just randomly thinking up characters and writing little things about them.

They will be mutants, that's for sure. But give them some claws, and they might not be Chaos mutants . . .
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning