Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Terra Gnosis

Started by greenstuff_gav, January 14, 2010, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

These look interesting :)
i wonder how they break down and how good the final castings are...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Gestalt

The Touchstone Reaper looks awesome ;D
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Heroka Vendile

oooo, they do indeed - the female fighter more than the reaper I'd say
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

judge-minos

If you check the workbench there is even better staff coming up. The female elves could be great rogue traders with few modifications and Salmus the unbound would be a great psyker

precinctomega

The Reaper is said to be 54mm to the top of his head.

"Aren't you a bit short to be the Grim Reaper?"

R.

RobSkib

The undead warrior is damned cool. Maybe not for an actual skeleton, but he could be painted in green and blue washes and be used as a ghostly apparition, psychic manifestation/power/hallucination.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Adlan

Magus looks perfect for an under cover Hanja.

Gestalt

The workbench does have a lot of promising pieces. They all seem to be one piece models, which is a drawback.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Myriad

the skeleton warrior in the shop apparently just has a seperate sword hand, so it seems as if they are mainly single sculpts.  lots of potential though.

I want the undead warrior from the workbench.  No idea how to use it though.  A damaged servitor?
It can go sit with my eolith frankenstein in case I ever play a game on halloween.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

I think the most fascinating aspect of this site is that the models in the "workshop" are all CGI models, implying that the master sculpts are being produced in a 3D printer.  I suspect that these masters are then conventionally cast in white metal.

This isn't the first manufacturer I've seen making use of the latest opportunities offered by 3D printers, which provide a level of detail and customization that hand-sculpting can't match.  Yedharo Models are doing the same thing.  These are small-scale, backroom businesses, but we already know that big manufacturers like GW are following the same path for some aspects of sculpting.

Personally, Salmus the Unbound looks utterly perfect as an Astropath/Penitent Psyker/Daemonhost/Cult leader.  A very flexible model that offers plenty of options, not least because it looks like his head will be easy to cut off!

R.