Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kryzak's expedition grows...

Started by Kaled, January 19, 2010, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Right...

*Digs out now-defunct 'Nid codex*

... Deathspitter. Fires maggot like creatures that splatter corrosive goo over the surrounding area on impact. 40k profile (for the last codex at least): Range 24"; Strength as creature + 1 (to max S7); AP 5; Assault 1 Blast.

From that, it reads like it should be a direct fire blast weapon, possibly using some variant of the rules for Hellfire ammunition - probably with a reasonably hefty Acc penalty as well. Downside to doing something like that is that the multiple hits of a blast weapon and having to make a roll before and after armour will be somewhat sluggish in game.

Given the relatively small size of this one, I might be tempted to do something like Swarbie has suggested. Actually, now that he mentions it, I remember I've already written a profile for a weapon somewhat like that. Perhaps some adaptation on the Gauss Flayer rules I wrote for the Revised Armoury - I'd say probably a higher damage, but a heavier accuracy penalty.

Actually, tell the truth, now that idea has come up, I'm somewhat tempted to make the Hellfire ammunition for the Armoury follow rules along the lines of a gauss weapon, or at least add some form of ammunition that does eat armour and can't be healed within the game's time frame.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

I thought the point of hellfire rounds was that there were very effective against living tissue, but less so against inert matter like armour.

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on January 23, 2010, 09:07:27 AMI thought the point of hellfire rounds was that there were very effective against living tissue, but less so against inert matter like armour.
That depends a little in what proportions you take it to be acidic and poisonous, but yes, you're right.

I'll probably leave the Hellfire rounds as they are, and will instead create some other form of "acid" projectile that follows Gauss weapon-esque rules.
Be a little interesting to wonder what kind of purpose a projectile like that might be intended for, but as of my current lack of sleep, it sounds like a good idea.

Probably won't after I've had some rest, but I'll take that risk.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ferran

Nice work on the servitor, I especially like the deathspitter, some great painting on there it seems, sepecially the "barrel". Lots of character throughout the whole model. I think maybe the rebreather could have benefitted from some more attention, rather than the classic old mouth+tube combo. Some sort of mouth+mask+tube perhaps.

Inquisitor Cade

I don't see how acid weapons would damage armour if others dont. Acid would burn a hole through armour, but no more than a melta gun, and bullets/las/bolts would leave holes in armour too. If there are going to be rules for damage to armour they should be universal, rather than exclusive to some types of weapon.
*Insert token witticism*

Myriad

Another good model - servitor faces are allowed to be flat I think.  The deathspitter integrates well - maybe too well...
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaled

Right then, here's the fourth (and final) model I built while I was off work - I finished her the other night but have only now had chance to post pictures.  She's Tech-Acolyte Alaia Katenta, an apprentice Tech-Adept not yet ordained into the priesthood.

- Back - Face -

I was pretty torn while painting her, the original model (a female samurai from Pegaso) is painted with loads of very opulent looking decoration and it seemed a crime not to attempt something similar on mine - especially on the red robe.  On the other hand, she is very low down in the AdMech and I didn't want her to look too fancy.  In the end I left her plain, but there's still a chance I might revisit her if I ever decide on a cool to paint on her cloak...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Ferran

Nice work, I really like the grey on this one. Good idea having her as an apprentice, she does retain a very human feel. The pendant looks good. Any chance of linking to base model?

Kaled

Samurai Female Warrior(1600-1867) by Pegaso Models;
http://www.pegasomodels.com/productdetails_en.asp?id=569

A very nice model to receive as a Christmas present. :)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

Really a huge fan of the injectors in the Deathspitter - great work!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Swarbie

Another lovely model Kaled. I really like the tattoo on her left cheek and her chain-axe. This group of models will look fabulous together.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

that female samurai has been a long-time favourite of mine, great job converting it Kaled.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

I just have to echo that those look stunning.  The little details on all of them are top notch.  I especially love the infection brought on by the deathspitter and the use of the destroyer bit on the female's face.  Any chance of a group photo?  I feel like there's some great gestalt waiting to happen...

kierkegaard

Bloody hell Dave, that is magnificent.

The robes are beautifully done, and I really like the detail on the chain axe head. The conversion is top notch too - love the Necron eye.

Lazarus Caladine

Loads of great work, unfortunately I had a lot of similar ideas with my AdMech characters. Look for some very similar models with terrible conversions and paint jobs in the next few months  :-\