Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Valhallan Commissar

Started by kierkegaard, January 20, 2010, 09:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

It has been a while since I finished anything (I seem to be having difficulty focusing on anything for long enough) but this is the latest completed project, a Valhallan Commissar. Hope you like it.

In case anyone is wondering, that is the lower part of Toothpick Murke's head with the fur hat from the Valhallan head on top. The gun is Mynarc's boltpistol, with a lot of plastic bits stuck to it.

Kaled

Nice work as always Nick - especially the reposing of the left arm, very well done.  Mynarc's pistol looks good as well - I'd have guessed it'd be too big, but it's actually a nice fit.

So, which of your many projects is next?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Macabre

Ah, Kaled, now that'd be telling...
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

kierkegaard

Thanks Dave.

I'm working on the mutant at the moment.

Inquisitor Cade

This guys great, nice use of parts, but, where is the soldier with the multilaser?

Nice axe, what's it from?
*Insert token witticism*

kierkegaard

The guardsman with the multilaser is still on my desk (I'll get round to him one of these days.)

The axe is from the last generation of Space Wolves plastic bits.

precinctomega

I love the model, but...

He doesn't look very commissar-y to me.  Is it just the lighting that makes his coat look dark blue?  I'd be more inclined to see him as a Valhallan (or similar) officer.

R.

Ferran

Nice work! A little dark maybe but that's all good for a Commissar I guess. Ofc a snow base would be fitting but I suppose you've intentionally avoided that for practical (gaming related) reasons?

kierkegaard

Robey - what looks un-commissar-y to you? The hat?

The coat is black, highlighted with grey/green to take the edge off, and washed with Badab Black. If it looks blue to you, that may be a result of your colour blindness (or it may be my colour blindness that makes it not look blue to me. Who can tell? ;))

Ferran - What does 'Ofc' mean? A snow base would have been more in keeping with the character, but I have never played on a board with snow on it.

Inquisitor Cade

Unless I'm much mistaken. Ofc = of course.

I think precintomega's point is that generally a commissar should not be mistakable for an officer, they should be sufficiently distinctive. He looks more like an officer to me too. He looks blue rather than green to me too, though it could be the light on the grey highlight.
*Insert token witticism*

DapperAnarchist

Perhaps some red? Red and black are traditional Commissar colours, and right now he kinda looks like an officer in black camo.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

The highlights do have a blue tint - not all that surprising, GW's lighter grey paints do have a minor blue tint.
However, the darker areas are pretty straight greys - not enough saturation to be noticeable as any particular colour.

Nice model - but I do have to agree that it doesn't immediately strike me as "Commissar". I'd be able to go with it if you told me he was, but it wouldn't be my first assumption.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

enigma

He also need the sash! a commissar is awarded a sash on his ( or her ) graducation