Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

RobSkib's mad NPC thread

Started by RobSkib, January 24, 2010, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Yeah, after reading this thread I have invested in a box of the cyborgs and the thugs, if only to chop up! But at £6 it'd be worth it just to attach them to tiny rockets and send them to space....though not very conducive to a good game I suspect....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

RobSkib

Apparently they also do a range of scenery and vehicles, does anyone know if this would be 54mm? If so, can I hear someone say Inquisitor-scale Sentinel?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

nah, Robogear was the very short-lived attempt by Airfix to produce a cheap 28mm sci-fi wargame, it launched not long before the then struggling Airfix went into administration and were then bought by Hornby. Needless to say, Hornby have decided to drop the line.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Warning! Potentially NSFW!

So, second day, second model! This one was a tricky one, it's probably the heaviest model I've ever painted and the casting quality wasn't amazing - lots of filing had to be done to remove hideous mould lines, and there are still plenty of porous surfaces all over the girl's skin. Still, I got the whole set on the cheap, so can't complain!

As a point of interest, this set has lots of undulating textures, which makes them the perfect playground for testing out various washes and highlights. More to come soon!

+++++++

kierkegaard

Great work on the 'Insurgent' models there Rob. You certainly managed to make them look a lot better than I did (mine are currently soaking in paint stripper.)

I'm not keen on the latest model, but I can't fault the painting.

Heroka Vendile

heh, should have made it an anti-grav platform :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Update!

I got quite carried away today - I finished off the Sinbad-esque bodyguards that had been lying around for a while, I'm not overly happy with how the skin came out but the camera was very kind to them, so I'm leaving them as is :)

I also got my bits box out for the first time in a very long time and realised I had quite a lot of unbuilt models just dying to be made, so I ended up with these happy chappies. Pretty basic construction, I'm particularly pleased with how the front man came out, he's like a more advanced cultist ordering the more ugly ones around to do his bidding. Kinda like working in retail!

+++++++

Adlan

I love the GeneStealer cult.

And the Sinbad guys. They are awesome, and if you paint the Cults purple similar, they'd be really good mooks.

Swarbie

I like the little tail on the lead hybrid. Genestealer cults are a little favourite of mine.

The bodyguards are nice too. Good as general bodyguard-style NPCs, I would imagine.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Alyster Wick

Genestealer cult looks like some fun conversions.

I like how the generic sinbadian cultists came out, though I can't help but wonder if adding a bionic eye and a couple 40Kish details might have helped them blend in better.

kierkegaard

Genestealer cult! Awesome. I always like to see other people with Genestealer cults.

I think that the hybrid with the Slick Devlan head would look better (more genestealer-y) if you removed the hair.

I like those bodyguard models.  The painting looks great (the faces in particular.) I agree with Adlan that they would make good brood brothers for your cult

RobSkib

Update!

I've put a lick of paint on the Cultists. They're not my best paint job, but I'm happy enough with them to let them be for the time being. I went with the classic purple/blue/red colours because that's what I associate most with genestealer cults. Not sure about the freehand on the main guy's loincloth, I may go round it with a darker colour to bring it out a bit more. I've got a fair few models still to get through, so we'll have to wait and see :)

+++++++

kierkegaard

Quote from: RobSkib on June 15, 2010, 06:18:51 PM
They're not my best paint job

They look pretty bloody impressive to me.

I love the skin tones you have used (I think that the Slick head would have looked better bald though) and the blending effects.

That green flak armour looks great too. (Knarloc Green and Thraka green washed recesses?)

Awesome work all around.

Holiad

I like them, particularly the way the blue robe blends with the slightly purplish skin.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

JoelMcKickass

I really like those models. Normally i'm not a fan of Genestealer cults, but i like these ones, the part swapping has gone really well, and the skin tones look immense, the genestealer parts especially look really good.