Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dead Eagle Blues - OOC

Started by Kallidor, January 24, 2010, 02:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kresten

um any chance of a new installment? been waiting patiently...
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Kallidor

Done. About time too I suppose. I was going to add more to that post but that seemed like a good place to stop.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Been meaning to read this for a while, and unable to sleep tonight and seeing you update the story with an ending I decided to read it all the way through.

Fantastic, a great depth of detail and depth without feeling cluttered or awkwardly predictable. Every emotion and sensation is illustrated in an acutely imaginable way that made me shiver at some points it felt so gritty and sad.

Anyway, sterling stuff and certainly makes insomnia more bearable :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kresten

Nice ending, thanks for the effort. I really enjoyed this one. Someone else wrote that it reminded them of The Road, I agree.

Couple of questions though... was he possessed or changing somehow? Also was he actually carrying his lover around with him?

I know the writing style was intended to be vague and ethereal, which was pulled off very well, but it's been niggling at me. Another thought I had was maybe it was the Obliterator virus? Although I don't know anything about it, it's just the black veins part that made me think of Kaled's infected gunslinger.

-Tim

Kallidor

I feel my last OOC post has confused the issue somewhat, but this isn't the final ever post. There's a bit more to come yet.

Thank you both for reading along and commenting, I'm pleased you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Not the end you say? Excellent :) look forward to the next instalment then.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kresten

Ah this is good news! I guess my questions will be answered in due course.

Kallidor

Since I probably wont cover it explicitly in the IC, I'll explain it here. As we now know (and yes, it's as much a revelation to me as any of you since all of this just sorta comes to me as I type) the poor chap whose been dragged along on this, mission shall we say, murdered his wife/girlfriend/woman but until now couldn't or wouldn't remember. Instead he carried a photograph with him and it was to that, to her, that he has directed this narrative when he hasn't just been living it of course, I don't suppose he kept up a running commentary about every little thing, it's just what he saw as he saw it.

Hopefully you'll read OOC first but if not, do so now or this may be a little bit of a spoiler. He has been possessed but not by a daemon, by another soul, which was sorta grafted on to his so that it could be pretected from the ravages of the warp.

Anyone who read my other aborted solo ICs may be seeing where this is going but I won't say any more. The next IC post will probably be the last one and tie up all these loose ends. Thanks for reading and commenting, it's greatly appreciated.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Only just got round to reading the latest installment, and not having read any of your previous works I have no idea where this is going but dying to find out! Very good stuff, and definitely the size of installments is just right that it gets me interested and then tails of with me wanting more and needing to know what happened next.

The imagery as well in that last post with the blood was particularly well done I might add.

Rob

Time to die.

Kallidor

Thanks for that. I don't know why I said there'd only be one more post, I forgot about a whole load of things yet to do but I suppose the next post will be the last one for this half of the story so it's an end of sorts.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Kallidor

I'm on a roll today two IC posts in quick succession!

That should make things more clear however since most if not all of the good people reading this and commenting will have a clue who the character is or what he did then I can answer any questions OOC if there are any.

Oh, and there's more IC posts to come. at least two if not not several.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

I feel utterly enthralled and also a little lost, but in a way that is good as it feels like I am grasping for the final pieces of the puzzle.

Once again, a great short bite, leaving me wanting more.

Time to die.

Kallidor

Caralinus was my screen name on the old 'Clave, and my first and main IC character. He was involved in a jumble of solo stories which all came neatly into line over the years; I was building up background for my DIY Chapter, Prophets of Hatred, and their homeworld mainly. He was also heavily involved in the glorious Silvorian Heresy RPs and he and his companion Kallidor both died by the end.

It was quite a detailed plot line I suppose that I created for Caralinus and the Chapter. To cut it all very short, the traitor I mention IC was the first company captain who sacrificed the entirety of the Chapter's scouts in order to gain acces to a Choas relic that would make him a daemon prince instantly; that relic was in fact the daemon blade Khorughurtsch, one of the first humans to leave earth during the early period of human space exploration and colonisation. But Caralinus ended up bound to the sword and his mentor was killed during the combat; I used the old cliche of a death bed promotion to make Caralinus a full Inquisitor but I guess it hadn't been so overly used back then. Of course Caralinus was marked as a radical even though he wasn't and by the end of the Silver Heresy RPs it was clear that he would most likely have been executed following a fiar trial of course by by the puritan Inquisitors who also took part in those RPs.

Since my good computer has blue screen of death I don't have access to my saved versions of those RPs but it must be three years nearly since Caralinus died. It's always cool to have a main character who dies stay dead but I couldn't resist and hopefully the circumstances of his resurrection are a good enough excuse.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Thats help fills the holes nicely thanks Kallidor. And as far as a means of resurrection goes, I can't imagine a more convincing one to return a long dead a character to life than the one you've written.

Also the fact that it, as a story in its own right, is deeply engrossing is pretty damn good!

If you ever manage to get to the saved old version I would love to read them :)

Time to die.

Kresten

That was very cool, very brave with the Carrion Lord twist and unexpected.

I particularly liked this line;

QuoteAll very true. The Gods create daemons and are themselves the product of daemons, just as an ocean can beget a drop of water so can billions of drops of water beget an ocean

Been checking for it for a while and was very glad to see a new installment.