Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Lilith Azanigin of the Ordo Malleus Xanthism

Started by Nemesis, January 25, 2010, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemesis

Lilith Azanigin wasn’t always a Follower of Xanthism. She started out as a follower of Monodominance philosophy, which man can only survive in the Galaxy at the death of every other creature, be it alien, mutant, or even psyker.

Hey everyone, This will be my frist post with the Conclave. I've just start to get back into inquisitor and looking for some feedback on my Inquisitor.

Lilith was a charismatic gang leader in her hive city, Winning with her charisma or with her halberd. In a few short years a Large area of the UnderHive was redeveloped with the help of green hivers and the protection Lilith's gang provided. Lilith didn't stop just there using her wealth earned form the territories she owned instead of going up in the HiveCity she moved deeper carving into the underhive starting a purge of all mutants and outcasts so the green hivers could redevelop the wastes of the underhive. The Underhive was changing for the better.

The Noble houses didn't like where this could lead so they forced the lower houses to start encroaching on the UnderHive. Lilith couldn't turn back, so she pulled all resources into the purging the UnderHive of the Unwanteds thinking that the Hivers would follow in time and redeveloped what she had purged. Lilith was so successful in her purges that she gain the interest of the fanatics, making her out to be a figure head for their religion. Around this time the Ordo hereticus was contacted to investigate Lilith.

An assassination attempt left Lilith near death but recovered leading a surge in devotees .With a new force behind her the purges increased but with such a force the purges became more chaotic dangerous and uncontrollable. To lessen the damage Lilith forced the Purge into the depths of the underhive.

The mob went ever deeper finding minimal resistance till they were deep enough for the mutants and outcasts to spring a trap on the so called purists, what came next was a massacre. The mutant horde outnumbered the purists four too one with home ground advantage it would be a sure victory in favor of the mutants. Lilith knew the outcome of the battle within the frist minute, so deciding all she could do was lead her inner circle of gangers and friends to a fighting retreat back to the green hivers.

The fighting was brutal, fighting back to back, laying frag grenade traps as they went collasping tunnels on top of groups of mutants. The men and women around Lilith owned her there lives with out her leadership and innovations they would have never made it out of the inner dome. The mutants chased lilith's group never letting up. 27 hrs into it, the weak started to fall behind but Lilith true grit kept her going which in turned raised moral due to men seeing her will to live. Her group falling and failing around her she needed to make a stand in a defendable area, finding a destroyed shaft leading straight up to safety but the mechanics of the machine was broken. Spliting into two group one to fix the elevator and another to take to the defense.

The Mutants came in waves the fighting fierce; Lilith takes many lives with flame and halberd but the men around began to thin taking men form the elevator problem couldn't be helped. Another wave come and was pushed back but with the ammo all but depleted the next wave will the final battle. Taking everyone off the elevator except for the most gifted which only left one. Nine able fighters left that was it all Lilith had, along with her halberd and her last resort a demolition charge she found here probably form a forgotten  reconstruction. The mutants came again fighting was short lived everyone exhausted they dropped with seconds. Lilith Sweeping her halberd back and forth becoming overwhelmed quickly she jump up onto a junk pile pulling out the Demo-charge activiting it calling out "death to the Mutant,the Heretic and the Unclean" everything went still.

Unknown to Lilith, Diego Deza an inquisitor was watching events form up above just out of sight unfold. Seeing her last decision he toke quick action to keep this promising acolyte alive. By hitting her with a stasis grenade and ordering his kill team to route the mutants. The mutants were stubborn in there willingness to let there prize go but the hail of auto gun fire had a certain substantial feeling to it.

Inquisitor Diego Deza of Ordo hereticus; Found Lilith not guility of Insurrection or heresy but did find she be a great addition to the Monodominance philosophy.

Acolyte Lilith Azanigin (model daemon huntress)
WS   BS   S    T     I    Wp  Sg    Nv    Ld       Equipment; halberd, Hand flamer, Las pistol  Flak armour with
73    53   51  71  66   83   68   69    88                          ablative +5 to chest +3 to rest no helmet
(68)             (59)                                                          "last resort" Demolition Charge

Abilities;True Grit, Furious Assualt (Halberd Only), Leader. (Fient deleted)
Exotice; Highten human regeneration "can't regrow appendages  Diego Deza slice off a finger to found out"
              was thinking like D6 to recovery instead of D3"

More story to come Hereticus -> Malleus and Monodominance -> Xanthism

Kasthan

First: WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE

Second: This is in the wrong area, don't worry, the mods will move it. Characters and stats are placed in the Rules discussion.

Feedback;
The name she has got is the same as one in Gaunt's ghosts (it might be work changing it).
Why did she purge the mutants and other scum?
What religion did her followers worship? Redemptionists? Does/did she follow it to?
Are you using Torquemada from Daemon hunters codex? If so you will be advised (and I advise) don't, it's not very original or the fluff could change making your character obsolete. Also why does he waste a difficult to produce grenade on her, would not a stun gun or dart work the same?
I also suggest you look through your work for grammar and sentence structure. This is due to some areas being difficult to read.
The stats at the bottom I take are not her as a full inquisitor, correct?
Stats appear fine except her toughness which is far too high, bring it down to the 50's. In addition if she was a ganger her Sg. would not be so high.     
Why regeneration and true grit?

But for all that, you've got a promising character.
Have a tweak.

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteAn assassination attempt left Lilith mortally wounded but recovered rapidly

A wound that you recover from is, by definition, not a mortal wound.

If your character has the name of another character then I'd change it. Similarly, the use of canon character in backgrounds in any more than passing is strongly discourgaed (a good guideline, is that the canon character could plauably not be able to recall your character).

Stats are high, as they should be for a future Inquisitor. Her T is very high though, higher than a guard veteran who's been through many wars. I wouldn't say her Sg it too high, given her position, but I'd say that her Ws would be appropriate alone, but with 2 close combat skills I'd say it's too much, at least at this stage in her life. I'd loose one of the skills and 5 point of the Ws (or both skills or 10 Ws) and her skill can increase as she is promoted, and gains experiance as an Inquisitor.

She might want a lapistol too as a handflamer has barely more range that the halberd.

I also strongly advocate Converting the model, at least a bit, to make it representative of her alone.

I'd say true grit represents her impressive constitution well enough and the very high toughness and minor regeneration rule are over the top.
*Insert token witticism*

Nemesis

The name she has got is the same as one in Gaunt's ghosts (it might be work changing it).
I used my daughter's frist name in front of a randon generated name and Gaunt's ghosts inquisitor was named Lilith Abferquarn.

Are you using Torquemada from Daemon hunters codex?
Tomás de Torquemada was a spainish inquisitor who suited the Monodominance philosophy well, so I chose his name. Didn't remember Torquemada Coteaz so I'll change my inquisitors name, but in a galaxy of billions of people wouldn't there be people with the same name?

Also why does he waste a difficult to produce grenade on her, would not a stun gun or dart work the same?
Because she activited a demo charge a stun gun doesn't stop the timer. So Lilith has to work to pay him off for saving her life?

Why did she purge the mutants and other scum?
Lilith saw them as a cancer needing to be removed so the underhive could progress into her vision for it. Lilith didn't see mutants as human.

Why regeneration and true grit?
Tried writing into the story but regeneration because she herself is a little bit mutant and has rapid healing rapid growing finger nails which she bites off and rapid growing hair (going to use Lady Jena Orechiel hair piece as twin pony tails). Everyone thought she was mortally wounded but she recovered which added more followers believing her to be chosen. True Grit due to her indomitable constitution, she will fight to her last breath and with her last she will sacrfic herself with a demo charge taking with her as many as possible.

What religion did her followers worship? Redemptionists? Does/did she follow it to?
Redemptionists saw her as an Icon or a Figure head for the crusade, but she doesn't follow it as a religion but her visions of a better UnderHive lead some to believe she was a follower.

Nemesis

Proving useful and a favorite of the inquisitor Lilith became his 2nd in command leading her own kill team.

After seven years with the Inquisitor and after dozen of successful missions Lilith was promoted to Inquisitor but chose to remand with her Inquisitor as they just got word after the promotion of a cultist temple.
( I don't know how long it takes to become an inquisitor?)

Inquisitor Lilith Azanigin (model daemon huntress)
WS   BS   S    T     I    Wp  Sg    Nv    Ld       Equipment; Power halberd, Carapace all over except head
73    58   55  60  71   84   68   71    89                         3 frag grenades, combat shotgun 16rounds of inferno
                                                                                    "last resort" Demolition Charge, las pistol
Abilities;True Grit, Furious Assualt (Halberd Only), Leader.       
Exotice; Highten human regeneration "can't regrow appendages  Diego Deza slice off a finger to found out"
              was thinking like D6 to recovery instead of D3"

The raid was proceeding  as planned the floors of the temple ran with cultists blood till the demonic pylon in the temple centre exploding in a psychic torrent  causing  a rift in real space.  Unleashing a horde of daemons the four kill teams began to be massacred. Lilith being knock down from the pylon blast pick here self up her mind instantly filled with the thoughts of the all around her there thoughts of pain and death there last wish and indescribable horror. Looking up she saw lesser daemons charging at her but they were throw back by an invisible force.
      Her team rallied to her as she began to run to the temple entrance Lilith cut and slashed to the entrance as she was about to reach the door tentacles wrapped around her legs crushing them and dragging her towards a chaos fiend. As she was draged she could hear the screams and thoughts of her team being devoured. Lifted into the air above a gaping mouth of teeth Lilith drop her remaining frag into the beast, exploding and throwing her back to the door Lilith started to crawl towards her last resort “demolition charge” but she was all but spent, lesser daemons jumped on her back unable to bite through her armor they proceeded to consume her softer area that being her arms. About to pass out she heard a large blast and then a hail of bolter fire…

In and out of consciousness Lilith over hears her rescuers “It’s by the emperors will this Inquisitor still lives…” “She needs extensive bionics if she is going to be of any use to us, let alone live…” “The Xeno technology can help her…” “Amazing the xeno says she will survive the implants…”  “Do you think will join our cause when she learns of this…”“But she was with Diego Deza he’s a Puritan …”  then all was silent except the hum and a computer and feeling of pins and needles all across her body...

Had a thought of a Cabal of three different Radical Inquisitors of Polypsykana, Xeno Hybris, Xanthism working towards a common goal; To hasten the occurrence of human psyhers; Using xeno and warp based technology in the evolution of the human race to combat the enemies of the imperium.

Them being planet side was because they recieved infomation of an xeno artifact being used by a cult to grant them psychic powers. So gathering there men they arrived to late as the artifact had been destroyed. still needing to gather the remains of the artifact they proceed to combat the choas daemons but thewarp rift was unstable, with it closing the daemons went back to the warp.
     They found few survivors but they were rewarded, all of them had psychic powers in random strenghts but most were near death or their minds had already left them. Only one proved to a beacon for there psychers a women inquisitor laying with her legs crashed beyond repair her arms torn and bloody. The Inquisitors were grim till closer inspection her blood had started clotting and her breathing stable they moved rapidly to provide medical attention to keep this subject alive. They gathered the artifact and as much data as possible before others leaving before anyone else arrived.

Nemesis

The Cabel (Just the cabal if anyone found out what there doing they would be Extremis Diabolus)

Inquisitor Jacob Xanthism (model converted covenant)

Ws  Bs   S    T     I   Wp  Sg  Nv  Ld    Equipment: DemonSword;Bound, Magical Force, Daemonbane, Deathlust.
88   43  61  56  61  90   66  78  88                       MIU auto pistol , Carpace chest, Flak the rest except head
                                                                             Tome acts as Pent/hexagrammic wards. Short Sword.
Talents: Leader, Force of Will,
Psychic: ,Mind scan Psy-Track

Inquisitor Marcus Polypsykana  ( model eisenhorn)       

Ws  Bs   S    T     I   Wp  Sg  Nv  Ld      Equipment: Sword, Rune staff, Revolver 18 flechette rounda,
55   46  44  51  58  88   61  67  55                        Flak all over except head, tanglefoot grenade, psychic hood.
                                                                              Gun-skull auto-pistol
Talents: Ambidextrous, Quick Load
Psychic; Ward, Fireball, Banishment, Vortex of chaos, Blood Boil

Inquisitor D'Argo Xeno Hybris    (model Adeptus Arbites Judge what does a Xenarch Death-Arc look like?)   

Ws  Bs   S    T     I   Wp  Sg  Nv  Ld   Equipment:  Xenarch Death-Arc, Agoniser sword, no helmet, Light carapace   
66   66  58  58  58  71   86  71  56                        Conversion field, Tua EMP grenade, stasis grenade

Talents: Hipshotting, Medic, leader

So thats the Cabal

Kaled

Quote from: Nemesis on January 26, 2010, 04:34:54 AM
what does a Xenarch Death-Arc look like?
Zappy!

At least, that what the FAQ said.  You're free to make it look however you want - I'd go with a gun covered in capacitors and the like.  Alternatively, I'd always thought something shaped (and held) like a Klingon Bat'leth could be interesting - there's no reason an alien weapon necessarily needs to be gun shaped.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Nemesis

I was thinking of having Lilith with Xeno Organic Bionics.
The framework is made of a crystalline compond reinforce with alien organic alloys crossed with the DNA of subject.
The muscles are interweaven with alien organic alloys which contract and expand form electric stimuli
The Skin is more crystalline compond which adsorbs energy solar/electric/laser and transfer the energy into organic accumulators/capacitors then uses the extra power accelator or strangthen the appendages if not used the Bionics will Dissipate the energy over time making the Bionic glow blue.
The bionics size is equal to the original missing appendage with everything internal. If inspected the bionic is quite evident of Xeno Technology; Advise caution and coverage of appendage with other material.

One arm                                       Two arms
50strenght                                   100 strenght
Absorbs D6 damage*                   Absorbs D6 Damage*

One leg                                         Two Legs
+1 yard to movement                   +2yard movement
Absorbs D6 damage*                    Absorbs D6 Damage*

*Only works on las weapons
*If a 6 is rolled the capacitors overload roll misshap ; Damage is still absorbed
1-2 feedback! toughness test, If failed you become stunned for 1 round
3-4 Muscle spasms     ;Arm; Drop weapon  ;Leg; Become prone
5-6 Appendage Glows; Doubles chance of being spotted

Nemesis

I was also thinking about Wyrd psychic powers.

With the Pylon Xeno Artifact explosion leaving many with forced psychic powers. I was thinking along the lines of insanity with Lilith needing to pass WillPower checks at the start of every round if failed she becomes Speed One for the round. I was thinking most are stress activated due to a response to a situation

Wyrd-Mindscan; continually active 10yard range; for every model friend or foe with the 10 yards subtract
                                                                                10 off willpower as her mind fills with the thoughts of the
                                                                                 people around her

Wyrd-Warp strenght; If versusing a physcially stronger opponent ; Roll as normal and add str                 
                                  For every 10 points of strenght gained subtract 5 willpower form rolls.

Wyrd-Sanctuary; If Charged by any character Sanctuary is activated subtract 10 form willpower test at
                            begining of turn.

I was also thinking instead of speed one maybe frenzy attacking closest freind or foe with Sg of maxium 10 and you can concentrate using an action for +10 per action point but this would mean doing the willpower test after actions are declared and rolled for. also maybe a roll of 96-100 means she becomes stunned for a turn.

thoughts?

Inquisitor Cade

QuoteAfter three years with the Inquisitor and after dozen of successful missions Lilith was promoted to Inquisitor but chose to remand with her Inquisitor as they just got word after the promotion of a cultist temple.
( I don't know how long it takes to become an inquisitor?)

While not Impossible, 3 year is a very short time as an acolyte. Normal, in as far as there is a normal, is closer to 10 years in my experiance, and it can go on for several times longer.

I like the stats, both the modified acolyte stats and the Inquisitor stats, I can find no fault with them, although I belong to the school of thought that Sg is a measure mostly of raw Intellegence, so should not vary much with experiance. I'd have it at 68ish all the way through, but there are other veiws. In my opinion Nv, Ld and to a lesser extent Wp can vary over time, and Sg hardly does at all.

I just noticed that she has power armour protection on her chest. Even though it is mostly ablative, I'd say it's too much unless the model shows overtly bulky armour on that location. I'd drop it to 4 or 5 ablative points.

Apparantly the enhanced healing was lost between her being an acolyte an an Inquisitor. Is that a mistake or is there an explanation behind it?

Normally I hate the experiance purging a cult brings on psychic powers sub plot, simply because of how overused it is, but in this case the cause is more thought through than the typical exposure to a daemon and I like the rules you've created to represent it (though Warp strength is a bit convoluted, I'd just have it activate if she is clearly loosing a fight). I'd advocate the use of Wp rather than counting it as 100 as the rulebook suggest Wyrd powers are, and would include, but maybe reduce, the danger of psychic feedback.

I'm not a huge fan of the alien bionic. For one thing, do you realise that normal Bionics don't add to a characters strength but replace it (as they don't add to the arm but replace it) as the current S they give is huge. Also they wouldn't work with the warp strength power, that fiddles with the biology of muscles to enhance strength. Obviously with bionics there is no biology to enhance.

Quote3-4 Muscle expand  ; Drop weapon Arm ; Become prone Leg

I'd say 'mucle spasms', expansion might crack her armor and doesn't explain knocking her prone.

The cable seem like a powerful bunch, to be expected from Inquisitors. Stats are good, Jacob's Wp might be a bit excessive and the Ld of the other two is very low, and I'd moderate the Sg's a bit (+5ish Marcus and Jacob, -5 D'argo) but otherwise, no issues.
Having two of them ambidexterous seems unecessarily unlikely. I'd give it to one of them at most.
If he has Covenant's brest plate I'd say Jacob should have carapace armour on his abdomen too.
I'd say that the judge model has light carapace rather than flack on most locations.
What sort of gunskull? (laspistol, autopistol, etc.)
What sort of agoniser? (whip, claw, knife, sword, trident, etc.
There's no issue with two of tem having haywire grenades, but I'd make D'argo's a xenos (better) haywire grenage and give Marcus something different, gas maybe, just for diversity.
*Insert token witticism*

Nemesis

shes a gifted acolyte so i change to Time of appenticeship to 7years.
I was thinking of her Sg and i was in the same thought as you. Shes not educted but she has a quick to learn mind with high innovation.

With the Acolyte armor if you seen the Daemon Huntress model she got a bulky chest piece so i was thinking more along the lines of cheap armor that can't take contuine punishment.

Enhanced healing Mistake, I'll put it back in.

Thanks i was thinking the pylon was made way back, to implant warp powers into the hosts body. The mindscan was to let everyone been bonded in like a hivemind and warp strenght was to give the alien race power and sanctuary was due to choas influences so it was to protect the xenos.
If you want the back story the alien race instinction is due to the race was not ready to psychical linked 24/7 with millions of minds leading to insanity and the genocide of each other.

The Xeno Bionics don't add to your strenght thier like normal bionics you lost your arm but with theses xenos regrow the Appendage with combining your DNA with the Organic Crystalline compond so making your Arm better meaning a strenght 50 arm.

I was gonna keep the 100 its just easier to subtract the cumaltive effects of her powers. which Ideas do you like most when lilith fails her willpower test.

Theses are the Psychic Feedback
1:Frenzy if you failed; attack closest freind or foe;needing to concentrate to refocus; 96-100 lilith becomes stunned activating Wyrd Psychic shriek.
2:Speed 1 if you failed roll as her mind is overwhelmed- 96-100 lilith becomes stunned activating Wyrd Psychic shriek.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Nemesis on January 26, 2010, 11:12:30 PMshes a gifted acolyte so i change to Time of appenticeship to 7years.
All acolytes are gifted. It's the primary recruiting requirement - saying that "they're special" should buy few favours.

I personally used about 20 years as a guide for acolyte-hood when writing my more recent characters. If people want to disagree on that either way, both Marco and Lyra shared the same mentor (I liked the idea of building up a bit of a network of characters), so if that's what he thought appropriate, then it was his choice.

Personally, I think that acolyte-hood should be quite long - it's not just training, it's a thorough test of the candidate's suitability.

QuoteI was gonna keep the 100 its just easier to subtract the cumaltive effects of her powers.
That's what a calculator's for - if you're trying to argue that "I'm using round numbers to make the sums easier" then I have to ask why you're trying to play a D100 system, and why you seem to be completely content to use non-rounded stats at all.

To me, this just sounds like an excuse to use Wyrd powers with abandon and avoid the penalties of normal psychic powers.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Nemesis

Lilith's Willpower is 84 the instanity roll is rolled on this stat:

The Wyrd 100 is for the power level.
Wyrd mind scan 10yards
Wyrd Strenght add D100 subtract Roll total
Wyrd Sanctuary 10yards

Psychic shriek everyone in 10yards Freind or Foe