Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Where Darkness Dwells OOC - still recruiting...

Started by Dosdamt, August 04, 2009, 04:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dosdamt

All -> Update by me

Ruaridh -> Your in is to come, I've started it but wanted to post the rest so everyone was aware it is moving.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

TheNephew

Oh god it's huge!

Glad to have the ball rolling again.
I'll read this up today and try and expand this post at some unreasonable hour of the morning.
Dosamdt, I know you have my e-mail and MSN, but if others want it to get a boarding plan together that all the characters can use, PM me and I'll drop you my address. I think it would be easiest to keep the RP moving if we can get everyone up to speed in that respect.

Macabre

Gah! Life just keeps screwing up my plans, so lets try a little reverse psychology....

I will not be posting tomorrow, as I am not in town, nor will I finish the final proof read tonight....
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

TheNephew

Dosdamt

I am committed to advancing this, however I am (still) waiting on Rob to post and can't really move it until I know where Rob is....

Until then, we're limbo a little...

As I said, I would like to re-affirm my commitment to the thread. I've got my ideas written down and my enthusiasm remains undimmed.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Magos Exarratus

Woo, I'm still into this. Yeah, look at this enthusiastic text. Woo!

I think I'm meant to wait on Dosdamt though, I'm not really sure. If there's something I'm meant to be doing, I'll do it. I'm probably going to the WHW thing this weekend, so we can talk there if you like. (Assuming I do go, obviously, I'm pretty sure I will, though I'm also pretty sure I'll be drastically unprepared, it crept up on me like a cat on a stone)

TheNephew

Sorry to bump a long-dead thread, but vaguely relevant news (to those involved):
As a break from revision, I'm going to write up a little 'extraction' post, work out a way to say 'the investigation was concluded and my character went home'.
So hopefully I can use him in a summer Rp.
Anyway, it'd be good to get a few of the characters to be exited as well, so if a few more people do the same the story could be finished properly.

Koval

Well I've already drawn up Aw'cer's demise (cause of death: Agares) so I don't think you'll get one out of me...

However, it does free up Agares for later use. I've a feeling Khorne might promote him to Herald before long.

TheNephew

Writing hasn't really happened, but I figure the easiest deus ex machina to use is a Monodominant or similarly hardline anti-Chaos Inquisitor intercepting a comminication between an agent (probably Stobek) and someone not present (probably Stobek's handler Inquisitor Vahen).
This leads them to investigate and purge, possibly through the use of a fleet and a small boarding army, possibly through extreme ship-based firepower, maybe by nudging the stating out of orbit to decay, perhaps even towing it into the sun.

Anyway, this big noisy figure gives enough warning for Aw'cer and Agares to book it, Stobek argues and stands down and is recalled, the agents on their way (Nimo and maybe others) arrive to find a wrecked (or an absence of) station and everyone is extricated from the dead story with minimal fuss.

As it is, I don't think many of the characters actually met each other, with the exception of Stobek and Aw'cer, who I would imagine didn't make particularly memorable impressions on each other.

I'm guessing no-one will have any problem with this, but if you do, shout.
And if you can contribute, all the better.

Koval

No problems with that, and it certainly explains why Agares might have gotten pissed off enough with Aw'cer to get shot of him -- Khorne isn't too fond of running away from a good fight.

Magos Exarratus

That sounds good to me, though I don't think I'll be contributing. Coursework and exams and exams and coursework. Though it does sound like a good reason for Nemo not to venture planet-side, what with everyone he was meant to meet up with pulling out.