Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Where Darkness Dwells OOC - still recruiting...

Started by Dosdamt, August 04, 2009, 04:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dosdamt

Well, hello all.

I had all the thread saved, just in case, bar the last few posts.

If people are keen to continue, that'd be awesome.

If not, I can take this over as a solo endeavor, edit all the characters who aren't mine into new characters and re-write the posts to suit, and move it forwards.

And, stick with me, if you're mostly confused by things so far - there is an overarching plan... Honest!

-Ben

Characters

I'm going to stick down principal characters in this header, as I think it's useful to keep a track of who is in and out.

Inquisitor Aw'cer Diori - Ben
Agares - Ben
Maya - Ben
Inquisitor Vahen - Ben
Inquisitor Domonechz - Ben
Junious / Kely - Ben
Jayna - Ben
Magos Eirick - Ben

Stobek - TheNephew
Kartheim Richter - Macabre
Nimo - Ex, (if / when he returns) / Ben
Hangatyr - Sargoth (I'll speak to Stuart about this...)

Recruiting

I'm still looking for Inquisitors to add to this RP. I'm happy to discuss characters and concepts, and perhaps a couple of other threads to be slowly woven into this one.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

TheNephew

I'm still in if there're more than just three or four of us, but I think if it's really lost momentum I may well duck out.
I'd like to continue if we can, though.

Dosdamt

I think a lot of people were just struggling with the slow start and the cryptic nature of things - that's my fault - but I have enough fuel for this to make it go long term and hopefully have a few twists along the way.

There's my ultra long post to go up, after this one, then we're back to where we were, bar one or two posts. The intention is to take this beyond Fahrech, and perhaps into some darker spaces. There's a few plot strands and there's a few villains to come yet.

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Koval

I must confess I couldn't keep up and don't feel I'll be able to do it any justice if I keep going. By all means have Aw'cer killed off in all sorts of gribbly ways, though, assuming you still have posts with him involved.

Dosdamt

No worries. I will think of something.

Everything is more or less back up to speed.

I've got confirmation from Macabre that he will still be on-board, and a few ideas for other people.

The RP is also still recruiting, so anyone that's interested, get in touch.

-Ben

Koval

By the way, his last name is Diori, everyone keeps forgetting :P

Van Helser

You know, I might just be able to find some time to involve myself in this little adventure if you'll have me on board Ben? I'll do some thinking on what character I'd like to throw at this and get back to you. If you have any suggestions for what you'd like to see though I'm very open to suggestions.

Ruaridh

Dosdamt

I would love to have you on-board!

Any character you like, to be honest. I don't have any archetypes in mind, at all, though Inquisitors would remain the preference.

I'm not going to be pro-actively killing people off, and am looking to affirmatively develop people's characters collaboratively and move them forward.

EDIT - just to confirm, have a tentative from Stuart that he will be continuing his role as Hangatyr.

-Ben

Magos Exarratus

Wow, the Conclave is back.  Yay! :D

Getting back on topic, I'm still up for this and I should have time. Yay!  :D

Ok, now I'm starting to feel silly, so I'll just slink off until its time to slink back. I need to have a look around this forum anyway.

Dosdamt

Excellent, glad to have you back on board. I think, minus Koval, we're all back on board and raring to go.

I'll do some poking tonight on MSN (I will be on if anyone wants to chat through next posts and steps) and hopefully we'll be able to get this thing moving with a couple of posts. I've got some more scene setting and movements to do with my own characters, so that'll be my next post.

I think

TheNephew - You've got the first steps of the meeting with Diori to do. I'd be happy to set the scene in my next post, though.

Ex - I think you've got to move Nimo on and the next destination will be a meeting with Junious. Again, I can set the scene in my next post. Feel free to fill the inbetween time with another rendition of the brilliantly brutal post you landed down before the crash!

-Ben

Magos Exarratus

Quote from: Dosdamt on August 06, 2009, 01:57:40 PM
brilliantly brutal

I'm happy now.

I shall trawl my vast databases (ok, about as vast as a tennis ball, but it is fairly disorganised) and find out were I put it. To the copy-and-paste-mobile.

EDIT: I need to do a post where Nimo retrieves the Arc, do I not? I have some vague reccollections of a plan for it. Should that come before the meeting with Junious?

Dosdamt

Yes. I'd suggest you post the Ark rescue / liberation / acquisition, that would be brilliant. If you still have the other post, that's even better.... :D

Magos Exarratus

And I found it in the dark depths of the desktop computer. Soon I shall begin work on writing up the Ark acquisition, but first... To Tango! (Ok, I'm not really tangoing,  I'm eating and walking the dogs and things, but tangoing sounds so much more interesting.)

Dosdamt

Excellent. We're on a bit of a roll, then, and I'm pleased about that.

Moving forward, I'm hoping to bring another person on board in approximately a week and half's time, and I'm still actively looking for further people....

I'm expecting posts today from Van and Macabre, which means we're finally starting to trundle on a bit which is good! At that point, the onus would be all on me to move it forward a step, which is fine. ETA for a post from me, assuming all is well with other posters, would be Tuesday / Wednesday next week as a soft deadline, and a week today as a hard deadline. It's likely the movement posts would be purely for everyone else's characters and guidance to appear here in terms of objectives.

How I see it stepping is

- Kartheim / Van's / Nimo all arriving at Fahrech <- Input from Ben
- Intro and discussion - Diori and Stobek <- Input from everyone else
- Intro and planning - Kartheim, Van, Nimo, Diori, Stobek, Junious <- All
- First posts station side in each section <- Ben

From that point, at least for two - three posts, I imagine it to be largely back and fourth with some email discussion on the horrors in each section.

After which, we move onto Fahrech endgame, resolution and next steps!

-Ben

TheNephew

Hey.
I've been out of the story for a while, so it'll take me a few days to refresh my memory and work out what I was going to do with Diori and Stobek.
I probably won't post before next week, but I'll aim for early rather than late in the week.
If there's anything you want included or avoided, PM or e-mail me [e-mail should be visible on my profile].
Ben, if you could e-mail me just so we can get a general direction sorted out, that'd be appreciated.