Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Herald Claudius, Legio Ultramarine

Started by greenstuff_gav, January 25, 2010, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

I do use a flash, but set back a long way from the mini, and with the mini inside a reflective, illuminated light-box.  I find it helps to bring out the colours of finished minis without casting too many shadows (which I clip out in PaintShop, anyway).

Great work on this, Gav.  Great to see your skills coming on and on.

R.

Gestalt

A brilliant conversion. You've captured the noble spirit and heraldry of the UMs.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Molotov

Could we get a closer picture of the shoulderpad with the mural, please?

Also, ever since you posted the model, I've had the idea in my head that his hair should be greying at the temples - I don't know if that's something you'd want to implement, but I thought I ought to share it! :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Alyster Wick

QuoteAlso, ever since you posted the model, I've had the idea in my head that his hair should be greying at the temples - I don't know if that's something you'd want to implement, but I thought I ought to share it!

I have to echo these sentiments about the gray.  Also, it's a brilliant model.

Sumaki

I dont know why but i cant help but be reminded of Sam Vimes from discworld...

kierkegaard

Very nice. I particularly like the alteration to the mouth (it would have looked odd if he had an mouth open while standing there in a relaxed pose.)

psycho

i just have on word for you GG......Arse......no i must apologise for that...although i am in ENVY of your skills my friend.....dont have the patience nor the actual skill to even attempt something on this scale....love it mate

kerby

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Molotov on January 31, 2010, 05:22:10 PM
Also, ever since you posted the model, I've had the idea in my head that his hair should be greying at the temples

your fault!

another highlight needed on that blue but am running out of steam :P

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

great stuff gav, can't wait to see him in person at the spring conclave.  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Molotov

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on February 12, 2010, 10:08:32 PM
your fault!

Can't say I feel too bad about it! I think it works well to give him an air of experience and authority that would be required in his role as Herald of the Legio Ultra. :) Nice work!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Gestalt

Wow, it's Reid Richards in power armour ;D
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Alyster Wick

Can you stop teasing us and get a nice close up shot of that shoulder pad! 

Overall fantastic model, from concept to execution it's fantastic.  Amazing to look at and I'd imagine good fun to game with (or against).

Adlan

Now That is how a space marine should be done in =][=! Kick arse.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Alyster Wick on February 13, 2010, 09:01:29 PM
Can you stop teasing us and get a nice close up shot of that shoulder pad! 

Overall fantastic model, from concept to execution it's fantastic.  Amazing to look at and I'd imagine good fun to game with (or against).

except the close up of the shoulderpad looks sucky. man do i need a proper camera!
bonus image; start of the freehand on the sword (it's mainly ornamental, as benefits a Chapter Relic; only for dire situations and not your average pigsticker!)

Build Your Imagination