Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Wick got a camera: Update with 3 new models

Started by Alyster Wick, January 27, 2010, 06:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

I am pleased to announce that I finally have a camera (I haven't posted any new content in close to 5 years, though that is not to say that I've been that productive) and thus can upload some new pics.  Unfortunately it's going to take a bit of getting used so bear with me on this first batch. I'm also moving half way across the country in a few hours, so again, patience.  Consequently, if there are any Clavers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area feel free to message me!

Without further ramblings, here they are!

You may remember Inquisitor Dryden from way back.  I'm pleased to announce he's almost done being painted (I learned how to make a cheap wet palette half way through) and then it's on to the base.  Be forewarned, he was my first attempt at using the camera and the flash was not kind.

Next is Slaneeshi Servitor.  The story on this guy is that he's a ex-guard murderer who was undergoing a rather painful transformation into a Servitor (punishment for his crimes was being converted without anesthesia, the last thing they do is lobotomize them so they feel everything up until that point) when the facility was attacked by a chaos magus (who I'll upload in a couple days once I'm settled and have internet!).

Next is a redux on an old model of mine.  My "alpha psycher" was always popular when I posted him for his Blanchian inspiration.  I've one upped the creepiness by changing his character from a psycher into a genetically modified child assassin.  Yes, that thing poking out of the doll is the leg of a stick grenade.  Aforemention doll needs painting and I'm going to tidy up the helmet with some bionics and a fresh coat of paint then top it off with a nice base job (though I'm unsure what to do at the moment, any ideas on how to make it creepier?).

Last but not least is my craven techpriest (no name for him yet).  All the war bands I make originate from the same subsector and are intertwined.  This techpriest (through a series of mishaps) is one of the highest ranking in the region but is an utter coward.  As such he is generally abused by the Inquisitors in the area and pressed into service.  His plasma pistol is more of a deterrent and sign of rank than a weapon.  

That's all for now.  I've got a mess of guys that need to be photographed and painted up (painting is the one area where my follow-through is utterly lacking) along with a bunch of bits ready to be assembled.  While routing through my old 40K stuff which I was planning to sell I got sentimental while simultaneously being inspired by the rest of the clave so I should have some fun Inq 28 stuff in the works over the coming weeks!  Glad to finally be an actively contributing member of the clave!

Gestalt

A very interesting collection. However, the pictures could be better.  Your camera work does not do your models justice. I guess some other Conclavers will be able to offer advice. I look forward to better pictures. Your Alpha Psyker is brilliant. ;D
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Kaled

Quote from: Gestalt on January 27, 2010, 01:58:18 PM
Your Alpha Psyker is brilliant. ;D
I agree - definitely the best in your collection.  I like the subtle alterations you've made to the base model, and the doll-grenade is excellent.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Adlan

I'm a Big Fan of the Scarn conversion, I like it, one I've not seen it before.

Hadriel Caine

Great stuff mate.

The Arco Flag looks awesome. I'd never have thought of using the CHaos spawn bits for him. looks top notch. the psycher is extra cool and very nicely painted.

Scarn looks nice too, not sure about the servo arm but everything else seems organic and well placed.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Myriad

A nice collection.  I like Inquisitor Dryden - good use of covenant parts.

The child assassin is very creepy, and no doubt makes baby bunnies cry.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Alyster Wick

Thanks for the feedback. 

QuoteScarn looks nice too, not sure about the servo arm but everything else seems organic and well placed.

I've felt this way as well but have been struggling to find a way to make him seem mechanicusy enough.  I didn't want him to be too subtle but I suppose that may just be the nature of the model.

Today I'm going to get to unpacking in the new apartment and practice with the camera so I can upload some actual quality photos.  In the meantime, does anyone have suggestions on making the Scarn Mechanicus more subtle? 

Swarbie

Oh my god-emperor, the child-psyker-assassin is freaky!!!

Seriously. That thing scares me. It looks like it's staring at me . . .
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

some great stuff there, nice creepy psyker.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

Without rehashing minis I've already posted here are three newer ones I've unpacked since moving. 

Back: http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/New%20Camera%20Pics/024.jpg

My namesake, Inquisitor Alyster Wick.  Quick rundown of the character: He was a brilliant young inquisitorial mind until being captured and tortured for months by a slaneeshi cult.  After his rescue he believed that during his torture he had rapturous visions of the emperor's inevitable victory and now he seeks to do the emperor's work by providing him with spectacle to watch while awaiting his return.  Wick is brilliant but incredibly unstable, varying philosophies when convenient within the context of his goal or spectacle (he was inspired by various incarnations of the Joker). 

I'm quite happy with his hair (my first major green stuff venture) but I'll have to wait until painting is done to see how his Glasgow smile turned out. 

At the moment he seems to lack something Inquisitorial about him but I cannot put my finger on it.  Perhaps he seems weighed down and undistinguished because of the amount of weapons he has (though the idea is that he can seamlessly switch from one weapon to the next without wasting time to reload, he'll basically toss a pistol aside when the mag is spent then toss a couple throwing knives while drawing his las pistol).  Anyway, some thoughts on ways to clean him up would be appreciated.  My greenstuffing is at the novice level but I'm not shy about venturing into new territory.

Back: http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/New%20Camera%20Pics/026.jpg

Here is one of Dryden's as yet unnamed operatives.  Incredibly simple conversion, I have to tidy up some areas with fresh paint and get his face done.  I'm contemplating some greenstuff word on the face to make him look more like his inspiration (Solid Snake) by adding a bandanna/screwing with the hair.

left: http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/New%20Camera%20Pics/034.jpg
back: http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/New%20Camera%20Pics/029.jpg 
right: http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/alysterwick/New%20Camera%20Pics/033.jpg

This fellow is the leader of my Slaneeshi cult.  He needs some serious cleanup in terms of removing mold lines and smoothing some areas with greenstuff.  I'm also not 100% sold on his face and may replace the stapled on smile with a gas mask. 

The deal with his backpack (which I'm looking to revamp, probably moving it higher onto his frame, it looks like it's sagging at the moment) is that is emits a gas that heightens its victims' sense of pain.  Rules wise if you take damage while under the drug's effects you treat the thing that hurt you as a shock weapon.

The thing in his right hand will either end up being a crucible of malediction or something more sinister (the description of which belongs in another area of the clave).  Either way I'm planning to give it a Lament Configuration paint job (my abilities failing it will at least be brown and gold).

That's it for now.  Look for these guys to resurface in warband themed threads as I get their respective groups together for some WPI shots (as I make actual headway).

phil-o-mat

nice job!
specialy like that last one. reminds me of frank castle ;)
needs a little bit refinement, but he`s very cool!

Heroka Vendile

you're Inquisitors disparate parts should come together nicely when painted I reckon. I like the Slannesh cultist as well - the great mix of parts in these two models really does showcase the versatility of the relatively small surviving GW range.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Myriad

Seriously scary slaneshi cultist - has a real chaotic look about him - mutations are always good for that.  Lots of good conversion work in this set.

Although I agree with Heroka Vendle the inquisitor should blend well when painted I see what you mean about missing something inquisitorial.  It might be he's missing an air of authority in his pose - a repositioning of the arms could make a difference.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!